GDT: 10/5/09 Rangers @ Devils 7pm

njdevil26

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, who needs that 2nd line center.

They pressed at the end of the game and had the Rangers hemmed in, but NY played perfect positionally. Other than the post early in the period I can't remember another really good scoring chance. Maybe Martin had one...can't remember.

Without Elias and with stupid ass Lou trying to solve everything in house (No signing UFA's unless they were ex Devils!!!) Elias needs to hurry back because we don't have enough offense now to make up for MB90seconds nightly softies.

Remember people, no Elias. This isn't Pelley we are talking about. You take a world class player off your roster and bunch it all up with what is going on right now and there are probably going to be some issues.

They really need to start giving out prescriptions at this place.

Wow that fvcking sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lemaire has got to do something.

+1

Yea, who needs that 2nd line center.They pressed at the end of the game and had the Rangers hemmed in, but NY played perfect positionally. Other than the post early in the period I can't remember another really good scoring chance. Maybe Martin had one...can't remember.Without Elias and with stupid ass Lou trying to solve everything in house (No signing UFA's unless they were ex Devils!!!) Elias needs to hurry back because we don't have enough offense now to make up for MB90seconds nightly softies.

+100000

Yea, who needs that 2nd line center.

They pressed at the end of the game and had the Rangers hemmed in, but NY played perfect positionally. Other than the post early in the period I can't remember another really good scoring chance. Maybe Martin had one...can't remember.

Without Elias and with stupid ass Lou trying to solve everything in house (No signing UFA's unless they were ex Devils!!!) Elias needs to hurry back because we don't have enough offense now to make up for MB90seconds nightly softies.

great point, like ex-devils niedermayer, peters, murphy, and danis.

yeah it wasn't a very good game and jay pandolfo needs to be jettisoned post-haste but neither halischuk nor pikkarainen has impressed at all in the first two games so i don't know that they can take that spot.

good things to take away from this game is that parise-zajac-langenbrunner were dumping and chasing, but basically yeah, offensively the team did not look great.

Edited by Triumph

Remember people, no Elias. This isn't Pelley we are talking about. You take a world class player off your roster and bunch it all up with what is going on right now and there are probably going to be some issues.

They dominated in our zone once they got the lead. Something we used to be able to do. Hope your right.

Elias returning isn't all that's wrong and won't fix everything.

Elias doesn't play goal. Elias doesn't take dumb ass, brain dead penalties. Elias isn't refereeing. Elias can't make up for the sh!t 4th line the Devils send out there that got outplayed by a sh!t 4th line with Brashear, Voros and a lazy loafer on it.

I know Brodeur has this horrible record going right now versus the Queen -- and it really really sucks -- but really, like others are saying, with Elias out and all these inexperienced guys in, and with a new coach, it's gonna take some time to get going with any consistency.

We're gonna have to lower our expectations for a while.

Well the good thing is the Devils are playing poorly and the Rangers still barely beat them.

I usually hate that excuse. We got beat because we got beat. Rangers are the better team right now

That said I think Marty will rebound and once Elias comes back we will be 100 times better

Elias returning isn't all that's wrong and won't fix everything.

Elias doesn't play goal. Elias doesn't take dumb ass, brain dead penalties. Elias isn't refereeing. Elias can't make up for the sh!t 4th line the Devils send out there that got outplayed by a sh!t 4th line with Brashear, Voros and a lazy loafer on it.

I'd hope you would give a little credit to realize that Elias isn't going to fix everything. I understand that. But his absence is certainly not helping things. Overall I can't say the forwards have been putrid but slot Elias into this lineup and tell me our chances of winning don't increase by a large margin.

Its just way to early to be defending this team and decisions that were made. Let them get healthy and gel for a few games and if the sh*t still stinks after game 20 then we may have a problem. just saying.

I know Brodeur has this horrible record going right now versus the Queen -- and it really really sucks -- but really, like others are saying, with Elias out and all these inexperienced guys in, and with a new coach, it's gonna take some time to get going with any consistency.

We're gonna have to lower our expectations for a while.

I usually just come in with zero expectations. Especially with this team.