Rangers let in 13 goals in two games

SegaDevil

Rangers just finished their game versus the Penguins, lost 8-3

This comes after last night's blowout, 5-1 against the Lightning.

In typical douchebag fashion, Sean Avery does a Bertuzzi on Fedotenko at the end of the game. The only difference, Fedotenko does not have a career-ending injury. I hope the NHL throws the book at Avery for that dumb unprovoked attack from behind.

It's time to revel in the Ranger's misery for a while. Only last month, Rangers fans were gloating about their "Best team in the NHL".

tl;dr -- fvck the Rangers.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In typical douchebag fashion, Sean Avery does a Bertuzzi on Fedotenko at the end of the game. The only difference, Fedotenko does not have a career-ending injury. I hope the NHL throws the book at Avery for that dumb unprovoked attack from behind.

It's time to revel in the Ranger's misery for a while. Only last month, Rangers fans were gloating about their "Best team in the NHL".

Ok, did this really need its own thread about the Rangers? NO, IMO.

It is all in the OOT Scoreboards if you take the time to read it. Just saying... :)

If by chance Marty is ready to retire in 3 or 4 years...What are the chances we can get a by-that-time frustrated-with-losing Lundqvist out of NY to play here?

0. Rags finally have an arguably elite-level goaltender, and they won't let him go no matter what. We know the rags have no problems handing out near-max contracts for mediocre players (see drury and gomez), so they'll be more than willing to give it up for a player that might even come close to deserving it.

I love Ranger misery, too, but Avery's behavior wasn't the first douchebag move in that game. What Matt Cooke did was a disgrace and what the refs did to protect Cooke from Brashear was disgraceful, too. This league is a joke at times.

Ok, did this really need its own thread about the Rangers? NO, IMO.

It is all in the OOT Scoreboards if you take the time to read it. Just saying... :)

Your thread only covers the last game. This thread covers the last two games.

And, did you really need to reply with such a negative answer? NO, IMO.

If you don't have something positive to contribute, keep to your own thread.

I love Ranger misery, too, but Avery's behavior wasn't the first douchebag move in that game. What Matt Cooke did was a disgrace and what the refs did to protect Cooke from Brashear was disgraceful, too. This league is a joke at times.

Didn't see this hit until later (only caught the tail end of the game). It could have been a good hit if he didn't come up so high.

Edited by SegaDevil

At the start of this game I told myself I wanted the rags to win, just so we maintain first for a while. After seeing the rangers score and hearing myself scream a profanity, I realized that it is physically impossible for any devils fan to ever cheer on that team. I think Crosby's first goal was offsides.

If you watch at around 30 seconds the puck leaves the monitor but it may have gone either way.

Hilarious to see 16k hats being thrown, a hattrick on hat night? Against the Rags? The only way it would be better is if it was at the ROCK!

Steve Valiquette has shown time and time again that he does NOT deserve to be in the NHL. He is maybe the most inconsistent goalie in the league, either getting a shutout, or letting in close to double digits. The question is now what will happen on monday in the garden?

Edited by skullsmasher

Your thread only covers the last game. This thread covers the last two games.

And, did you really need to reply with such a negative answer? NO, IMO.

If you don't have something positive to contribute, keep to your own thread.

Didn't see this hit until later (only caught the tail end of the game). It could have been a good hit if he didn't come up so high.

Can't agree more,Keep your negative thoughts to yourself--What badge do you wear again?

0. Rags finally have an arguably elite-level goaltender, and they won't let him go no matter what. We know the rags have no problems handing out near-max contracts for mediocre players (see drury and gomez), so they'll be more than willing to give it up for a player that might even come close to deserving it.

Lundy is definitely not an elite goaltender as he has never been able to elevate his game to the next level like Brodeur. I would much rather see what Frazee can provide us before even thinking about taking on Lundy with his episodes of shattered confidence for stretches of time.

Lundy is definitely not the answer and the Rangers are, as usual, in shambles.

Well I think the Rangers fans can technically be right about Feds going for a slew foot. He appears to look right down at Avery's feet and then kick his own foot out for no reason into the back of Avery's skate. That being said I see a player kick, instead of just tap like Feds did, players skates every few games when guys are going into the boards or in front of the next and it's rarely called.

when you play 3 rookie defensemen and one of your other D is michal roszival this sort of thing is bound to happen

re: slew footing - tough to tell, but avery's certainly got a legitimate beef. he should still be suspended, there's no place for jumping a guy.

Edited by Triumph

Lundy is definitely not an elite goaltender as he has never been able to elevate his game to the next level like Brodeur. I would much rather see what Frazee can provide us before even thinking about taking on Lundy with his episodes of shattered confidence for stretches of time.

Lundy is definitely not the answer and the Rangers are, as usual, in shambles.

You're nuts. He's carried that team for several years now. Not able to elevate his game?

HE was tremendous in winning the Gold Medal in 2006 and has played well despite his crap D.

You're nuts. He's carried that team for several years now. Not able to elevate his game?

HE was tremendous in winning the Gold Medal in 2006 and has played well despite his crap D.

Rubbish, I could have played net for team Sweden and won gold behind that star studded lineup.

Lundqvist cannot play under pressure, he cracks, and then makes excuses like headaches or some fake illness.

He's not an elite goalie. Never has been, never will be.

Rubbish, I could have played net for team Sweden and won gold behind that star studded lineup.

Lundqvist cannot play under pressure, he cracks, and then makes excuses like headaches or some fake illness.

i don't know why i dignify things like this with a response, but this is utterly laughable.

I don't think he's an elite goalie but to say you could stick anybody in net for that team and win is ridiculous. Sure they had a star-studded lineup but what kinds of lineups do you think Russia, Canada, Czech Republic, and Finland had?

I don't think he's an elite goalie but to say you could stick anybody in net for that team and win is ridiculous. Sure they had a star-studded lineup but what kinds of lineups do you think Russia, Canada, Czech Republic, and Finland had?

how is he not elite? when have the rangers had a defense worth anything since lundqvist has been a ranger? lundqvist is easily top 5. hasn't had a great start so far this season, but he's still second among active players in save percentage.

how is he not elite? when have the rangers had a defense worth anything since lundqvist has been a ranger? lundqvist is easily top 5. hasn't had a great start so far this season, but he's still second among active players in save percentage.

He just has these big stretches where he is just mediocre. He plays too deep in his net, he's beatable up high, and if it weren't for his huge pads he wouldn't be so good down low either.