Gold medal GDT: USA-Canada

MadDog2020

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God... this was such a weird game... i wanted my country to win... but i was kinda bummed that Brodeur was sitting... then i had to go against Parise & Langenbrunner...

can't believe how many hate messages i got on my phone and on my facebook when Parise scored lol

Oh well we got the goal like we were supposed to POW!!!!!!!!

Oh what do you guys want from Marty, he's 38 and never been on the bench for any big game before in a 15-year career. He had to be envious seeing Luongo be every bit as bad in the last two games as he was against the US and still win a gold.

The deeper, more talented team won. Canada outplayed USA both games IMO, Miller is the reason they got a medal.

Canada didn't really outplay the US in the second game, it was very close in shots and chances. Surprisingly it was also very even in the physical part of the game too. There's a reason all the analysts said it could have gone either way after three periods. They definitely outplayed the U.S. in the first game though.

Anyway, the US team deserves a lot of respect; they looked very capable of beating the heavily favored Canadians. Its even more impressive when you think about how Canada lives and breathes hockey and how most of the U.S. could care less about hockey, but we could still put a team out there that can play with them and beat them. Wish our country would really recognize what they did, but most of our country probably had no idea the game was even on.

The deeper, more talented team won. Canada outplayed USA both games IMO, Miller is the reason they got a medal.

this game was even until the OT. but I'm not expecting you to be honest. obviously, Canada dominated the OT and unless there was a huge breakdown or Luongo Salo'd something, it wasn't going to get to the SO.

Miller is the reason they got a medal.

That's one hell of a BS thing to say. How can you possibly back up that statement? What team "outplayed" the United States besides Canada? The Swiss?...no, Norway?...no; oh, right...it was that 6-1 drubbing of Finland. Yup, they weren't getting through that one without Miller bailing them out. Miller was great this tournament, but to say he's the reason they medaled takes a lot away from a team that Canada only beat by the skin of their balls.

I am so sad. What a rollercoaster of emotions. I am so proud of Team USA though! I say we start a Parise's Better chant when we play the Penguins at the Rock coming up. I would also love to hear a USA chant, but that's not going to happen so I'm all for a Parise's better chant.

What Rafalski giveth (power play QB and goals) he giveth away (pick pocketed on 1st Canadian goal, getting beat by Crosby to the net on the OT winner). He played well at times while at other times he played like his age.

Whatever the result you've got to be pleased with Team USA that'll be stacked for Sochi. The Ovechkin & Euro boycott of the NHL that season will force the NHL to go in 2014.

since I called him just another guy wearing a C, (I think the exact term was "throwaway C") I think I should eat crow on Langs, probably of all of the players in the tournament, he played the most above his level. he shouldn't have been as good in the tournament as he was, and some of the other players... Phil Kessel, I'm looking at you, could have learned a thing or two from the way he played, because they're better than him.