Thoughts on Zharkov?

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

Anyone else like this guy?

I am a fan namely for his versatility. Especially because Lemaire loves monkeying with the lines, it seems like he can fit in anywhere and be solid if not spectacular. Obviously not having an NHL goal yet is disapointing, but I think he's been quite good in the games I've seen and would like to see him get some more playing time. I'm afraid he will sit in the press box in the playoffs.

I do. I love his puck control, willingness to foreheck and win the board battles and I think he has good vision...shame he just can't net one

Pando has moved lower than him on the Depth Chart

He will probably play over PL3 in the P-offs

2-3 years from now he may be a better player than Bergfors

For some reason, even though he doesn't put up many points, and has no goals on the season, I really like Zharkov and it makes me happy every time I see that he's going to be in the lineup. I don't know why, but I feel we are a better team when he's playing, and I just have a feeling that he will be a big player for us in the future. Where this is all coming from, I have no clue.

I really like him as a player. I watched him in the preseason and got very excited to see him play. I was thrilled when he was called up and I'm glad he's stayed. I think he will be a mainstay here and I doubt he sees Lowell any time soon. He needs a goal. Hopefully Jacques will play him in Florida and against the Isles to see if he can get one to help his confidence. He gets close so many times the kid has to be stressed as hell.

I think we all like Zharkov and all of the things above. I'm just not sure if he ever turns out to be what somethink. The fact is he doesn't score much, and has never scored much. The highest goal total he's had, according to HockeyDB is 11 for Lowell last season.

If he turns out to be a Brylin type, guy who can score 10 goals and play various positions, then fine.

He reminds me sometimes of Pascal Dupuis actually. They both show a lot of offense, but it took Dupuis a long time to get that squared away.

Edited by HellOnICE

one thing i haven't seen anyone point out is the sheer amount of penalties he draws. his speed, puck control, and positioning all lead to this. looking into it more, hes 7th in the league for drawn penalties related to time on the ice. if he gains some confidence and becomes a bit stronger, he will be a great player.

I like him. He's Brylin v2.0.

I think he has much more raw talent than Brylin ever had. Zharkov has all the tools, but lacks finish. If he can find that final missing stride, and build some confidence, he can be a very dangerous player. I know he has never been an offensive powerhouse, but again, I think all he's been missing is that final gear.

I think he has much more raw talent than Brylin ever had. Zharkov has all the tools, but lacks finish. If he can find that final missing stride, and build some confidence, he can be a very dangerous player. I know he has never been an offensive powerhouse, but again, I think all he's been missing is that final gear.

And that's exactly why he reminds me of Brylin.

There were three things that always stuck out to me about Sarge. 1) He had a great work ethic. 2) He was never afraid to try to stickhandle his way through three defenders at once, but he almost never got through. 3) He always seemed to be on the receiving end of gigantic hits.

You could say pretty much the exact same things about Zharkov.

I like him, but I'm concerned about how snakebitten he is. PL3's playing with more confidence, though there's no question Zharky's better. That scares me for this year, though not long term.

I agree, but it has something to do with how much each is paid, not how well they are playing

If I were an owner or GM of any sports team and the reason why player x was playing instead of player Y was because his salary was much more than player Y even though player x is stinking up the joint.

He would be fired on the spot.

That kind of reasoning is asinine and illogical.

You ALWAYS field your best team.

The kid has potential no argueing that. But I think we are quick to love young guys just for their effort. I mean he's really all over the place. He has lots of energy and speed but seems to have little head for the game or awareness. I think this is a big reason he has yet to cash in and score. I think we are seeing raw talent and not enough skill to hone it. I'll be honest I was cringing when he was playing with kovie and elias. He just doesn't have to skill to play with those guys. A couple of seasons he might become something who knows...or he might never materialize and stay the same. Is he better than Rolston? No Rolston can play positional as well if not better and has his shot that although not super abundant does show up occasionally.

I do. I love his puck control, willingness to foreheck and win the board battles and I think he has good vision...shame he just can't net one

Pando has moved lower than him on the Depth Chart

He will probably play over PL3 in the P-offs

2-3 years from now he may be a better player than Bergfors

there is nothing to suggest he can be even close to bergfors. bergfors projects to be a 20-25 goal scorer that could touch 30 w/ a bit of luck and the right situation. he has always been a scoring winger.

zharkov has never been a scorer - i think his ceiling is pandolfo's best year which i'm fine with because i think he's faster and smarter than jay and could be a suitable 3rd line winger.

I think we all like Zharkov and all of the things above. I'm just not sure if he ever turns out to be what somethink. The fact is he doesn't score much, and has never scored much. The highest goal total he's had, according to HockeyDB is 11 for Lowell last season.

If he turns out to be a Brylin type, guy who can score 10 goals and play various positions, then fine.

He reminds me sometimes of Pascal Dupuis actually. They both show a lot of offense, but it took Dupuis a long time to get that squared away.

brylin comparisons aren't valid. brylin played center an awful lot. zharkov has never played center. it wasn't sarge's ability to play on different lines - it was his ability to play all 3 forward positions.

I like him. He's Brylin v2.0.

other than he's a smallish russian, no he's not.