New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to be sitting in front of my computer all day. News travels fast, someone will tell me. I've got to much crap to do tomorrow to tether myself to my laptop. Ironically, I'll most likely be in Newark when the decision comes down, if it comes down near the deadline.

That said, if I happen to be home in the afternoon, I'll probably have the computer up. Just not going to change my plans for news that will be well known within minutes of it's announcement anyway.

I'm not going to be sitting in front of my computer all day. News travels fast, someone will tell me. I've got to much crap to do tomorrow to tether myself to my laptop. Ironically, I'll most likely be in Newark when the decision comes down, if it comes down near the deadline.

That said, if I happen to be home in the afternoon, I'll probably have the computer up. Just not going to change my plans for news that will be well known within minutes of it's announcement anyway.

this is like watching the season finale of a long tv series that ends tomorrow. i am hoping it won't end like the sopranos

Edited by grcenter47

this is like watching the season finale of a long tv series that ends tomorrow. i am hoping it won't end like the sopranos

END ??? which end ??? This thing seems to be endless.Maybe we should star a "Kovy contract Beard" just like the playoff beard.Anyway,this will probably never finish as I have a feeling that the deadline will be extend another time just to make this whole story even more ridiculous.

END ??? which end ??? This thing seems to be endless.Maybe we should star a "Kovy contract Beard" just like the playoff beard.Anyway,this will probably never finish as I have a feeling that the deadline will be extend another time just to make this whole story even more ridiculous.

you're probably right :urg:

The movie, it never ends, it goes on and on and on and on...

(Okay, we can close this thread, I just fvcking quoted Journey. If you know me, you know my hatred of that band. This thread has now finally seen everything it possibly can)

The movie, it never ends, it goes on and on and on and on...

(Okay, we can close this thread, I just fvcking quoted Journey. If you know me, you know my hatred of that band. This thread has now finally seen everything it possibly can)

giggity giggity (sorry had to reference that family guy karaoke episode)

I am going to try and use something like reverse psychology ploy of some sort to hopefully put and end to this crap. It couldn't hurt as this has been torture on me so far and can not imagine it getting any worse. Me wishing the sh!t out of wanting Kovy to sign hasn't done jack squat so I need to mix it up here.

I am going to start hoping that Kovy does not sign with the devils. That and I really hope that this drags on forever , hopefully to at least the all-star break.I am a huge die-hard Rangers fan, Crosby is way better than Parise ever will be. Oh and also I love Bettman and wish to make the sweet man love to him and Daly.

Ok maybe I took the whole reverse of what I have been doing up to now thing a little too far but its worth a shot.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/09/the_agents_weigh_in_on_kovalch.html

The Globe and Mail's James Mirtle managed to get an unnamed source to admit that even the Devils don't know what the hell's going on, suggesting that the NHL's simply using even Bettman's staunchest GM ally, Lou Lamoriello, because Kovalchuk's contract is a convenient means by which to achieve a lifetime contract-quashing end. That includes the NHL refusing to tell Lamoriello, Kovalchuk's agent, Jay Grossman, or the Devils what's kosher during their second and protracted attempt to register a legal contract with the league:

September 3, Globe and Mail: “They came to them with certain things, and the league said, well, okay, we don’t like this,” a source with knowledge of the negotiations said. “Then they came with different things [and were again turned down]. … After a while, it just became next to impossible.”

This is mind-boggling if true, and yet not all that surprising at this point.

Via TG's Twitter:

DarrenDreger

Good discussions Thurs between NHL and PA, but no settlement. Kovy deal is tied to this, so postponement today seems likely at this point.

DarrenDreger

Without a settlement and clarity on what teams, players and agents can and cannot do, I believe Kovalchuk's deal is rejected...again.

Edited by PattyElias26