Luongo's 12-year contract deal now under investigation

CMONPETEYD

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Un-registering the other deals would be absolutely the dumbest thing the league could do. That is the sort of thing over which you bypass the arbitrator and go directly to court for an injunction. But we're talking about the NHL front office, so you have to assume stupidity.

The farce of claiming to be "investigating" other deals is bad enough.

Hmm...fair enough, I always assumed that as the 'top dog', he'd have to sign off on it. I could be wrong. You know what they say about assuming :noclue:

He's the commissioner. He has the ultimate say in the matter, whether or not he officially signed off on it. The front office's actions are imputed to him. He has every right to be booed mercilessly if he comes within a mile of the Rock.

But then Pronger's deal would also be found in violation.. Maybe we should just award the Cup to Edmonton :giggle:

No, it would then go to Pittsburgh. Gotta take care of Crosby. I mean, he is the best. Or maybe Ovechkin is the best? I don't know, we'll have to watch this year's exciting edition of the Crosb, I mean, Winter...Classic to find out who is top dog.

kausatoday:

Bruins announced they are cooperating with NHL's investigation of '09 Savard contract. Stay tuned. More fallout coming from Kovy ruling.

Tom Gulitti:

First Kovy. Now, Luongo and Savard. One by one, they're going after them. This is starting to feel like some kind of witch hunt. They started with the biggest one and are working their way down.

kausatoday:

Bruins announced they are cooperating with NHL's investigation of '09 Savard contract. Stay tuned. More fallout coming from Kovy ruling.

Tom Gulitti:

First Kovy. Now, Luongo and Savard. One by one, they're going after them. This is starting to feel like some kind of witch hunt. They started with the biggest one and are working their way down.

This is priceless.

Kovalchuk's contract was nuked by the arbitrator, so now the village idiots feel empowered.

Contracts that they've already registered and approved, they're going to go after and reject them.

Let's see, now. That would include Luongo, Pronger, Hossa, Keith, Savard, Franzen, Zetterberg, Brier, LeCavelier, and DiPietro. There are more than that out there, but you catch my drift.

So let's see some brass balls here, Osama. Let's see you negate all these contracts and make all of these guys UFA again. Let's see you step up to the podium and announce that Chicago is being stripped of their Lord Stanley championship, thus vacating the title for 2010. Let's also see you strip Philadelphia of their EC championship for 2010.

Come on, big guy. You're all mouth now that this decision on Kovalchuk's contract came down in your's and the NHL's favor, let's see you have the guts to stand up and do this.

After all, Osama. It's the right, honest thing to do.

You created this mess by looking the other way with your "nod nod nudge nudge wink wink" contract dealings in the past, now let's see you further stand the NHL on it's head by correcting this mess.

Be a man, Osama.

Don't shirk your duty wrt this.

Annul all of these illegitimate contracts and strip these titles.

Betcha won't because you're a coward, Osama.

You know what they say about villages, don't you Osama? It takes one to grow an idiot.

You have been owned, son. Owned I say.

:ECW:

Edited by IceThief

He's the commissioner. He has the ultimate say in the matter, whether or not he officially signed off on it. The front office's actions are imputed to him. He has every right to be booed mercilessly if he comes within a mile of the Rock.

Again, I'm not saying that you're wrong, but is this confirmed anywhere? If the idea to reject Kovy's contract was initiated by people besides Bettman in the front office, how can we give him all the blame?

Again, I'm not saying that you're wrong, but is this confirmed anywhere? If the idea to reject Kovy's contract was initiated by people besides Bettman in the front office, how can we give him all the blame?

Because he's the commissioner. If not him then who? The team owners except the Devils, Canucks, Blackhawks and Bruins?

It's not that it's all his fault. Just that as the commissioner you are the head representative of the league. Just like the President isn't at fault for everything his administration does but takes the heat for it. That's the way it works. If you want the top job, you're gonna get all the blame and you gotta be ready for it.

Because he's the commissioner. If not him then who? The team owners except the Devils, Canucks, Blackhawks and Bruins?

That's actually what I'm trying to figure out. Who is actually in charge of accepting or rejecting these contracts? Is it Bettman? He's not completely "innocent," but I don't want to make it like nobody else is to blame.

It's not that it's all his fault. Just that as the commissioner you are the head representative of the league. Just like the President isn't at fault for everything his administration does but takes the heat for it. That's the way it works. If you want the top job, you're gonna get all the blame and you gotta be ready for it.

I agree that since this is happening under Bettman's "administration," he must accept some responsibility. But as I said above, others are also responsible, so I don't want to call for Bettman's head and ignore everyone else.

That's actually what I'm trying to figure out. Who is actually in charge of accepting or rejecting these contracts? Is it Bettman? He's not completely "innocent," but I don't want to make it like nobody else is to blame.

I agree that since this is happening under Bettman's "administration," he must accept some responsibility. But as I said above, others are also responsible, so I don't want to call for Bettman's head and ignore everyone else.

Eh, I'm not part of the group calling for Bettman's head because I understand why the league did what they did. But those who don't understand would argue that if you get rid of Bettman, there will be an administration change.

I'm just part of the group that doesn't like Gary Bettman.

Eh, I'm not part of the group calling for Bettman's head because I understand why the league did what they did. But those who don't understand would argue that if you get rid of Bettman, there will be an administration change.

I'm just part of the group that doesn't like Gary Bettman.

Fair enough. If the people calling for Bettman's head are asking for an entire administration change, I understand their argument. I disagree, but understand their point of view.

I found something really amusing this afternoon.

I was lurking on the Flyguys' board and saw a thread about Pronger's contract being investigated.

That thread was blazing like a bonfire and they're pissed to the inth degree.

:hah:

But I am sure they were all laughing it up A) When the Kovy contract got rejected, and B) When the arbiter upheld the leagues rejection.

fvcking douchebag phaggots.