Who is the best player on the Devils?

SC Devs Fan

Just wondering who you thought the best or, more correctly, the most important player on the Devils. To me, night in and night out, the player who consistently makes the difference is Scott Neidermayer. Sure Marty is excellent and deserves his accolades, but Neider is the guy who can turn a game for us when its needed. Your thoughts?

Scott Stevens. He changes how teams play. Without him, Brodeur would see 5-6 more scoring chances a game and probably an additional 6-8 shots.

Stevens is the quintessential Devil and the difference maker. I know PK will agree.

That's the thing -- the New Jersey Devils don't have ONE specific "best player", and that's why this team continues to be successful. Sure, you could argue that Brodeur, Stevens, Niedermayer, hell, you could even say that Madden is the best player...but what it comes down to is that this team gels together so perfectly and ultimately gets the job done. There are no true standouts on this team, it's a solid core group of players.

It has been said before, but the reason the Devils are successful is because no player is greater than the whole. If any number of players went down the team would be in serious trouble.

However, that being said Brodeur is still easily the most important player on the team. Night in and out the organization knows they can win because the best goalie in the game is in-between pipes. Nieder, Stevens, and Madden follow in that order.

Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. Neids. My vote is for #27.

Most skilled skater - Niedermayer.

Most important to team - Brodeur & Stevens - although I'd give a very, very slight edge to Brodeur just because he's the best goalie in the game today. He also changes the way teams play NJ because of the way he handles the puck.

I used to think it was Marty without a doubt. But now i think its still Marty with Stevens and Nieds. Madden and Elias are very good players and contribute a lot to this team. Elias is the most talented forward we have. Rafalski is a great defensemen.

Marty is god. But Stevens and Nieds are right behind.

Marty= Best goalie on the planet.

Stevens= His presence on the ice is unmatched as well as his leadership.

Nieds= Is the best overall defensemen on the team. Skating is unbelieveable. His defense is as good as his offense, if not better.

I'd say Lou is the most important Devil. But as far as the uniformed players go...

When Stevens retires we shall see. I'm all for saying no one is indespensable (see Holik) but I really think there's a reason Stevens "has appeared in more regular-season games in which his team has won (859) than any player in NHL history" and the fact he's never finished a season in the red +/- wise.

Yesterday, today and tomorrow Stevens has my vote - I can't say why - he just ensures a win more certainly than Neids or Marty regardless of who the more "skilled" player is.

Yesterday, today and tomorrow Stevens has my vote - I can't say why - he just ensures a win more certainly than Neids or Marty regardless of who the more "skilled" player is.

Well, who'd wanna disappoint "dad"? :P

<_< you know maybe he thinks it's funny and lawd knows the press thinks it's a riot but I hate that Dad crap...

:unsure: uhh..

except coming from you sammy... ;)