GDT - Devils at NY Rangers

Satans Hockey

Zach will be on the Devils next year - about 98% - I think he'll do a one year abitration deal and then go bye bye.

If Zach is going to leave, tehy HAVE to trade him, he's the most valuable player we've ever had other than Marty.

We can get multiple #1 picks, players, and prospects for him.

How about to Minny for Brent Burns and 2 #1s, and a prospect.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach will be on the Devils next year - about 98% - I think he'll do a one year abitration deal and then go bye bye.

If Zach is going to leave, tehy HAVE to trade him, he's the most valuable player we've ever had other than Marty.

We can get multiple #1 picks, players, and prospects for him.

How about to Minny for Brent Burns and 2 #1s, and a prospect.

Devils have $50 already locked up for next season, unless we make trades and dump players. The idea of someone making an offer to parise as a restricted free agent is a possibility..... then we would get multiple 1st rounders as compensation.

Man people here go overboard FAST. 3 weeks ago everyone thought we're a lock for the cup and now we are shooting for #1 draft pick, have no future and Parise is likely gone in 1-2 years.

Calm down, take a deep breath, and realize that it's been 9 games. These guys are professionals, and most of them are pretty damn talented. More likely than not, they will get this all straightened out, and soon.

Who said I agree with Toews and Crosby getting the C so early in their career as well?

"Zach comes to play every shift" But we'll still in last place.

Dont be surprised if Zach is not on the Devils next year.

Who cares if you do or don't, From your statement about Parise not being a viable captain you implied because he didn't have true playoff experience he should not be captain. I was putting forward the case that you don't need playoff experience to be an effective captain. He has every other attribute you would want from a captain and he shows this consistently. But hey its your opinion you can think what you like, i just think its foolish to say unless you have been x amount of rounds into the playoffs, or don’t have experience of winning it all, you cant be the captain.

Like you said win as a team lose as a team, but i always prefer players who show they are trying rather than coasting.

Last statement is so stupid. He is still under contract for starters, where is he going to go??

Man people here go overboard FAST. 3 weeks ago everyone thought we're a lock for the cup and now we are shooting for #1 draft pick, have no future and Parise is likely gone in 1-2 years.

Calm down, take a deep breath, and realize that it's been 9 games. These guys are professionals, and most of them are pretty damn talented. More likely than not, they will get this all straightened out, and soon.

Bite Me. yech, nothing I hate more than the "these guys are professionals" as if they've been unprofessional the last month. C'mon. They just don't have good enough players.

Parise is a great player and I hope he stays but will not be surprised if he doesnt........ Also, I dont give parise a free pass just because he works hard every shift. He makes mistakes just like any other player on this team. they all do.

I believe Lou will make every effort to sign him long term and he will be captain, but right now Langenbrunner is the captain and a pretty good choice for captain.

Parise is a great player and I hope he stays but will not be surprised if he doesnt........ Also, I dont give parise a free pass just because he works hard every shift. He makes mistakes just like any other player on this team. they all do.

I believe Lou will make every effort to sign him long term and he will be captain, but right now Langenbrunner is the captain and a pretty good choice for captain.

Lags is a TERRIBLE captain....

I've friggin had it with this team. Their effort in last night's game started after the Kovy goal with 5 minutes to play.

By the way... I hope you know we're being completely lied to about Volchenkov's health. He has a stiff neck? He hasn't stepped on the ice or practiced since Washington. They committed to him staying home during the road trip. That's going to be at least 10 games missed... because of a broken nose and stiff neck. Rod Pelley missed a half hour with a broken nose.

Isn't it a crazy coincidence that the players that were reportedly supposed to get traded are the ones that got hurt? Salvador, Rolston.

I dont think anyone is giving him a free pass, but its better to see someone trying and admiting they are not at the top of their game and holding their hands up to say they have got to improve.

Lags is a TERRIBLE captain....

Thats not true, i just think he has run his course and is no longer effective or overly interested.

We'll see if HellonIce is overboard. Maybe you have your head in the sand. Time will tell.

one thing we do know is that it is completely lol that the devils could get 2 1sts and brent burns for zach parise.

who cares who has the C, it's the 15th most important thing on this team

Edited by Triumph

We'll see if HellonIce is overboard. Maybe you have your head in the sand. Time will tell.

I don't have my head in the sand. A better saying would be that most people here are running around with their heads cut off. Everyone is looking at the record and the 9 games and are throwing out every bit of logical thinking. There are reasons why we were all so optimistic this offseason and those reasons haven't changed. If this team continues on this path for an extended period of time I will gladly eat my words, but it's simply not logical to think that this will continue.

one thing we do know is that it is completely lol that the devils could get 2 1sts and brent burns for zach parise.

who cares who has the C, it's the 15th most important thing on this team

A potential 50 goal and 100 point hometown guy for 2 picks and a d-man? It's not entirely lol, as you put it.

A potential 50 goal and 100 point hometown guy for 2 picks and a d-man? It's not entirely lol, as you put it.

parise is unlikely to ever reach those marks, and he's 1 year away from being paid at market, and 2 years away from UFA. you want minnesota to give up its best defenseman and 2 1st round picks for this? yeah.

As good as Parise is, do you really think he is a 50-goal 100-point guy? I see him always in the 35-45 goal range at about 80-95 point range. Good numbers, but IDK I just do not see him like that. At least not in our system, perhaps you are correct if he plays on a different team (which I hope never happens).

If I'm Minnesota, I make that trade in one second. Meanwhile, we can all cry in our beer as the Devils try to build a team with Kovalchuk as a foundation. That's frightening.

But as some have worried, the Devils may eventually lose Parise anyway if he doesn't choose to sign here long-term.

I doubt that we'll lose him to an offer sheet next year. That seems unlikely to me, but who knows?

parise is unlikely to ever reach those marks, and he's 1 year away from being paid at market, and 2 years away from UFA. you want minnesota to give up its best defenseman and 2 1st round picks for this? yeah.

Not if Minny through back channels know Parise would sign a mega deal. You know, not like that team has a good relationship with JP.

Not if Minny through back channels know Parise would sign a mega deal. You know, not like that team has a good relationship with JP.

how about holding on to the picks and brent burns and signing him to a mega deal in 2012? you know, not like that team has a good relationship with JP.

jerry,

it's a bad move, bottom line. dumb. a waste of picks, and why would you give up your best defenseman as well?