GDT: New Jersey @ Boston 7:00 EST, MSG PLUS (HD),NESN (HD)

Devil Fan

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been saying this all year...but I give up now. It's no longer if Mac's gone, it's just a matter of when and how. If Vanderbeek was involved with Kovy he's definitely gonna be involved with this too - and then Lou will resign at the end of the year and we'll really be in a world of hurt.

I do have my issues with Mac - they try but geez, they have no discernible system. Plus there's just too much line shuffling (though that isn't helped by the constant roster shifting) and changing around the d-pairs a few games back didn't thrill me either.

As much as Vanderbeek scares me from a meddling standpoint, it's time to acknowledge that Lou has jumped the shark. He's had a pretty putrid record of movement since 2004. I wouldnt mind somebody fresh in the job. I'm appreciative of what Lou has done, but eventually, the fastball loses some juice and I'm wondering if Lou's approach/ideas have trailed where the league is now and is heading.

And I agree on the "system" comment. Granted theyre lacking for talent in some positions and in terms of depth, but it looks like a big mess out there with everybody just doing whatever. No strategy, nothing being worked on.

Was Taormina even playing?

No, and I knew we were screwed when that came out. Always seems like when someone comes back, someone else has to go out. It's like the Kovycap curse.

Honest to god IF we even go 3-3 the rest of this month you almost have to take it. There's pretty much no way we beat the Blues, Caps or Flyers with this team. Maybe we can beat the Leafs but I doubt it, they'll be all juiced up for us, we better at least beat Calgary and the Isles at home but even that's no sure thing.

Was Taormina even playing?

No, I was speaking in general of what I've seen from his play. He's a back-pairing defenseman at best. I think his game is vanilla. So-so puck control, average passing/shot, but little feel and creativity. More of a #7.

Honestly, I dont know what the problem is. At this point, the only thing is the possible wall between players and the coaches. I cant imagine how this is on the players. I can only picture the silence in the locker room and elias sitting with his head in his hands and a towel over his head.

This isnt easy on anyone including the fans. We still need to show the players we are behind them. <whos got that one?

:doh1:

The amazing thing to me is that for the better part of the past few games, Kovalchuk has been outplayed by Vasyunov. I dont want to sound like a negative nancy, but he looks lost. I like Vasyunov's aggressiveness towards the net, Kovy looks like he's just plopping bad angle shot after bad angle shot.

And Elias apparently has fallen off a cliff in terms of how to find the net.

well something is wrong and something needs to be done. You don't go from winning your division four out of the last five years to not making the playoffs.

You do when your entire defense from last year is basically gone (Martin, Mottau, Skoula, Salvador) with most of your defense this year on IR and most of your offense is either aging badly, underachieving or on IR.

I dont think firing maclean would be to make any kind of statement.

I think it would be more out of absolute necessity.

It's a mess out there -- sh!tty passing, sh!tty line changes, disorganized warm ups for goodness sakes! and no one is doing anythign about it. I see no work, no learning, no steps forward. It's all loosey goosey sh!t -- runny stinking goose sh!t! Not the nice green turds on the golf course <_<

The ONLY reason to not remove MacLean is morale. KEEPING him is making the statement. Frankly -- hiring him was making the statement.

I had thought the guys had figured out they couldn't coach themselves -- now I'm thinking maybe not. Lou is going to have to tell Larry he needs to coach in tandum with MacLean - it's not stepping on toes. OR fvckING SOMETHING! :puke:

(Chico clearly is taking advantage of Campbells story. I've never seen him cut loose and just RAG on penalties -- goes as far as saying he wants to but won't cause those guys have a tough job.)

Edited by Pepperkorn

I dont think firing maclean would be to make any kind of statement.

I think it would be more out of absolute necessity.

It's a mess out there -- sh!tty passing, sh!tty line changes, disorganized warm ups for goodness sakes! and no one is doing anythign about it. I see no work, no learning, no steps forward. It's all loosey goosey sh!t -- runny stinking goose sh!t! Not the nice green turds on the golf course <_<

The ONLY reason to not remove MacLean is morale. KEEPING him is making the statement. Frankly -- hiring him was making the statement.

I had thought the guys had figured out they couldn't coach themselves -- now I'm thinking maybe not. Lou is going to have to tell Larry he needs to coach in tandum with MacLean - it's not stepping on toes. OR fvckING SOMETHING! :puke:

(Chico clearly is taking advantage of Campbells story. I've never seen him cut loose and just RAG on penalties -- goes as far as saying he wants to but won't cause those guys have a tough job.)

fvck it. Bring in Hitchcock or Therrien. I never thought I'd be saying that.

This team is experiencing a perfect storm of disaster. Everything that could go wrong….went wrong, and more. New coach, injuries, aging star goalie, superstar player introduced into the mix by the owners, veterans in the twilight of their years, no trade contracts. Rookies being thrown to the wolves before they are ready, stubborn GM that seems lost and can’t right the ship. Now it seems that an atmosphere of defeat and malaise is setting in. There is still room for optimism but time is running out.

I predict McLean will announce he is stepping down very soon. Lou will publicly protest and sing his praises while he is making the phone call to the guy he has been talking to for the last 10 days. I just dread thinking about what this team will be like when the players accept the reality of not making the play-offs.

a) the refs were absolutely terrible tonight. one of the poorest games I've seen in my life.b) marty didn't stun anyone either. he had some solid saves, but the softies need to go away if he wants to start turning this season around.c) johnny mac should not be the head coach by thanksgivingd) ilya? where ya at? I'm not going to call you a bust 20 games in to your 17 year contract, but a little life out there would sure help things out.

+1

No more Johny Mac and fast before this season is completely lost (If its not already)

Would you give Hitchcock a 3-year deal tomorrow? I wouldn't. And I doubt he's coming here as an interim coach.

I could see him coming in and earning a contract... That is if he's interested in getting back into coaching. I don't think anyone would give Hitchcock a three year deal anymore... especially mid-season.

Edited by devils102

And once Hitchcock wears out his welcome, he will step down, or Lou will fire him, and then what? No one decent is going to want to come coach here, ever.

After being groomed for the Devils head coaching job for so long, Mac deserves a full season, at least. Even more than that.

And once Hitchcock wears out his welcome, he will step down, or Lou will fire him, and then what? No one decent is going to want to come coach here, ever.

After being groomed for the Devils head coaching job for so long, Mac deserves a full season, at least. Even more than that.

Whether or not it's right, he's probably gonna be the latest "Special Asssignment Coach" or whatever the fvck Lou calls it.