GDT: New Jersey @ Boston 7:00 EST, MSG PLUS (HD),NESN (HD)

Devil Fan

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, and I knew we were screwed when that came out. Always seems like when someone comes back, someone else has to go out. It's like the Kovycap curse.

Honest to god IF we even go 3-3 the rest of this month you almost have to take it. There's pretty much no way we beat the Blues, Caps or Flyers with this team. Maybe we can beat the Leafs but I doubt it, they'll be all juiced up for us, we better at least beat Calgary and the Isles at home but even that's no sure thing.

imagine this summer... could you EVEN imagine thinking "I knew we were screwed..." because there is no Taormina in the line up?

please excuse me while i go blow my brains out... :urg:

Edited by ice dog

The brutal penalty calls tonight for sure hurt us but it still does not change the fact that our offense is horrible.

Our system is not one that generates any decent scoring chances. Sure we get a decent amount of shots per game but the majority of the shots are from the perimiter and none from any of the dangerous areas of the ice. We don't have a Weber or Souray bombing shots from the point so why do we insist on using the point so often?

No creativity at all. NO reading the defense and making adjustments. Dump , chase , force a set play all the time. No flow , no chemistry , Nothing creative at all.

It has been over 17 games into the season and I cannot see any adjustments made to generate more offense , nor have I seen any improvement at all from game to game. It is stagnant in every sense of the word.

I want J MaC gone but I don't think there is any way to do so. If he gets the axe , who would want to come in to be the next coach , knowing that we go through new coachs as often as I change my underwear? It looks bad as an orginization to once again have yet another new coach .

I hate ot turf J MaC but have you guys seen any improvement so far this year? It is the same issues game in and game out. No improvement , no adjustments , stale offense.

You know you are getting screwed when the NESN team asks if the boarding or Mair penalty was really necessary....

Mike Milbury calls this the worst Devils team he's seen in 15 years.... no identity, completely disorganized, and no game plan.

Now, Milbury is a douche and pretty much the worst GM in history, but you don't have to be Ken Holland to see that this team doesn't even have the basic sense of fundamental team hockey.

The only time I've seen them react is when MAc tore into them after the EDM disaster.

MAC is out of his league - and failure isn't an option in NJ - especially after the press storm this summer.

I suggest he make dinner plans with Scott Gordon.

Paging Guy Carb.....

I don't know about Hitchkok but Maclean seem to be a static coach.

I mean during the entire 60 minutes he stands there looking,not saying a word to anyone and then makes a bizzare face when we get scored on.

Have to agree. Sometimes I feel we need someone more like Tortorella, who is ready to break a stick in half and shove it up someone's ass when they make a mistake.

Why so eager to get rid of Mac when the fact is Lou can't pick a coach to begin with? God knows we've watched Laviolette, Tippett, shoot even Tortorella (yeah I know, he and Lou would never have worked), etc go by the boards - all quality coaches who were on the market, but Lou's suspect coach-picking is an underrated part of why we've gone progressively downhill.

The fact that we havent had a steady coach in however long is a problem in itself. Who honestly knows these players?? No coach is around these guys enough to produce what we want. Maybe we have to give this coach more time, because by firing his its possible we'll just be repeating the process.

I had to work tonight, did not get to see the game. What was the problem? Obviously defense, but did we get good looks offensively? Is Brodeur looking unathletic or lazy?

I want J MaC gone but I don't think there is any way to do so. If he gets the axe , who would want to come in to be the next coach , knowing that we go through new coachs as often as I change my underwear? It looks bad as an orginization to once again have yet another new coach .

Just a thought in response to this point, which several people have brought up: A coach who's confident he can produce results shouldn't fear for his job security, right? I know that if a coach comes in and fails it's not necessarily his fault, but I feel like every coach out there should believe he can turn things around, and wouldn't really be worried about failing and getting fired. But I understand these guys are human.

George Steinbrenner looked like a fool when he went through all those managers during that period, but it ended up working out for them....after a while :saddevil:

I don't know about Hitchkok but Maclean seem to be a static coach.

I mean during the entire 60 minutes he stands there looking,not saying a word to anyone and then makes a bizzare face when we get scored on.

Haha someone else also noticed this!

Its such a strange look, its like he is thinking "well , why did they do that" or "Thats not going to help"

You know you are getting screwed when the NESN team asks if the boarding or Mair penalty was really necessary....

Mike Milbury calls this the worst Devils team he's seen in 15 years.... no identity, completely disorganized, and no game plan.

Now, Milbury is a douche and pretty much the worst GM in history, but you don't have to be Ken Holland to see that this team doesn't even have the basic sense of fundamental team hockey.

The only time I've seen them react is when MAc tore into them after the EDM disaster.

MAC is out of his league - and failure isn't an option in NJ - especially after the press storm this summer.

I suggest he make dinner plans with Scott Gordon.

Paging Guy Carb.....

Sad but true.

I think we need to go back to the start, build right from the basics.

Besides some weak calls from the refs, yellow somethings that i wish had been ejected out TD Gardens for piss.ing me off, and marty letting in two cheap goals, we weren't there any time it was a 5 on 5. You can't win any game without effort, be as talented as you can be. Did anyone notice how long it took for us to shoot? Stop the puck....allright, theres the goal. What should i do? Shoot? Where? Oh...over.

This wasn't actually worth watching... :(

We ran into a hot goaltender in thomas his stats this season are unreal.

last friday we played a bad oilers team who played in detroit the night before and barely beat them.

last night we played a good boston team with good defense and goaltending and we had nothing.

Again though one huge posative about last nights game was the play of Tedenby.

I had concerns about his switch on the wing, but that looks like a non issue. The main concern was his abillity to handle NHL style contact. When i saw him get absolutly rocked by Mark Stuart i thought to myself "do we get a compensation pick if a rookie player dies on the ice?" but no he was back up and on his feet, busting his a$$ to infront of the net and giving Elias the option.

He still needs to bulk up but that was really encouraging.

considering the lack of quality RW players in the NHL if he can continue to work there and carry on progressing he could be quite the asset.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

Yeah, I saw the hit on Tedenby, but I think it was more due to him not anticipating it. Stuart stepped up and he didn't see it coming so he got rocked real good. That's why it looked so bad. He'd probably been knocked on his ass even if he'd seen it coming, but at least he'd been on his ass, not his head.

George Steinbrenner looked like a fool when he went through all those managers during that period, but it ended up working out for them....after a while :saddevil:

Yeah, in 1977 and 78. Comparing the amount (and types) of media and pressure on a job now and then is like another world. And it wasn't working again until Steinbrenner got suspended and Michael/Showalter built back up the team and then he left Torre alone for the most part.

The chemistry that once was is now gone,no drive no heart and none of them really seem to give a fvck.

It's hard to believe,when they don't believe....theres a cancer in the room,maybe more then one but its killing this team

and fast....Fvcking shame and Damn hard to watch.

I disagree -- they just lack any direction or forward momentum. They think all they require is drive and heart. The heart is waning, so now all they have is mindless drive.

It's really just more of what I said last year (and the year before). They can parrot back all the things a team should be doing and thinking. they put in an effort... but they are resisting organization, technique - standard relied upon practices. Practices that came into being because they WORK. The meshing -- the chemistry kicks in ABOVE the technique -- the technique saves your ass -- the standard rote moves HAVE TO BE YOUR STARTING POINT. These guys are playing like they have to just keep smashing their heads against the wall and eventually chemistry will kick in. They now have no coaching. Lou gave them what they wanted. Something BEYOND a players coach who gives them free reign with the basics.

Problem is they STILL dont' see they do NOT have the basics down. They don't :noclue: Kovalchuk;s errors are those of a guy just trying to barrel through and force the click --- it's not Kovalchuk style -- he WAS NOT playing like that before the last say - two three weeks? Clarkson also - the absolute epitomy of what the guys are doing -- pound pound pound with no logic no sense - just see what sticks.

That only serves to wear you out. the rookies are doing the best because they still have those basics in their heads.

I have NEVER seen such obstinance. It's like a roomful of adolescent girls being told to not to wear belly shirts and daisy dukes. The eyes glaze over - you hear total submission -- and then they walk out of the house lookin' like a hooker saying "What? :noclue: " with some kind of stupid attitude on their face.

I honestly do feel like this is a reaction against the structured years. It's not coincidence this happened when structure went away. Structure and discipline are NOT comfortable when you're struggling -- what you all are recalling is when structure and discipline were just THERE and SO THERE that you coudl build on top of it with creativity. Then when things got tough guys thought if they just had their creative freedom it woudl all click again. But it didn't though. Then a bunch of schlubs came aboard and thought Wow - I'm not as creative as some of these guys so I need that structure and then they get to be creative -- and then they got a Cup again.

THEN -- then -- it all went to hell and guys have their own personal structure and someone feels that's enough to build upon. GOALIES have private structure THEY HAVE TO! NO ONE ELSE GETS THAT BECAUSE IT DOESN"T WORK IF EVERYONE EXPECTS THEIR PRIVATE WORLD TO COLLIDE HAPPILY WITH OTHERS :rant:

I can't say it any more. I've ben saying it for the past two years and here it is the same problem again. I'm glad Lou's just letting them sink pr swim even if it is sinking. This still isn't bottoming out.... they still think they're going to click.... I see no turn-around route for them. I just don't. They have no sight and no one on board can help them with it. :noclue: It is to laugh bt I think it's almost the only way. :noclue:

Edited by Pepperkorn

We did out shoot the B's. Just barely... :lol:

Majority of the shots were from crap areas with no traffic in front and posed no danger at all.

Alot of shots were from the perimeter. Alot of shots were a result of Bruins going into defensive shell mode in the 3rd and just kept the Devils to the outside.

I would prefer 1/2 the amount of shots if some of them actually came from decent scoring areas on the ice. Limp wristed wrist shots from the blue line and throwing shots on net from the corner does not mean we have any clue what we are doing offensively.

I disagree -- they just lack any direction or forward momentum. They think all they require is drive and heart. The heart is waning, so now all they have is mindless drive.

It's really just more of what I said last year (and the year before). They can parrot back all the things a team should be doing and thinking. they put in an effort... but they are resisting organization, technique - standard relied upon practices. Practices that came into being because they WORK. The meshing -- the chemistry kicks in ABOVE the technique -- the technique saves your ass -- the standard rote moves HAVE TO BE YOUR STARTING POINT. These guys are playing like they have to just keep smashing their heads against the wall and eventually chemistry will kick in. They now have no coaching. Lou gave them what they wanted. Something BEYOND a players coach who gives them free reign with the basics.

Problem is they STILL dont' see they do NOT have the basics down. They don't :noclue: Kovalchuk;s errors are those of a guy just trying to barrel through and force the click --- it's not Kovalchuk style -- he WAS NOT playing like that before the last say - two three weeks? Clarkson also - the absolute epitomy of what the guys are doing -- pound pound pound with no logic no sense - just see what sticks.

That only serves to wear you out. the rookies are doing the best because they still have those basics in their heads.

I have NEVER seen such obstinance. It's like a roomful of adolescent girls being told to not to wear belly shirts and daisy dukes. The eyes glaze over - you hear total submission -- and then they walk out of the house lookin' like a hooker saying "What? :noclue: " with some kind of stupid attitude on their face.

I honestly do feel like this is a reaction against the structured years. It's not coincidence this happened when structure went away. Structure and discipline are NOT comfortable when you're struggling -- what you all are recalling is when structure and discipline were just THERE and SO THERE that you coudl build on top of it with creativity. Then when things got tough guys thought if they just had their creative freedom it woudl all click again. But it didn't though. Then a bunch of schlubs came aboard and thought Wow - I'm not as creative as some of these guys so I need that structure and then they get to be creative -- and then they got a Cup again.

THEN -- then -- it all went to hell and guys have their own personal structure and someone feels that's enough to build upon. GOALIES have private structure THEY HAVE TO! NO ONE ELSE GETS THAT BECAUSE IT DOESN"T WORK IF EVERYONE EXPECTS THEIR PRIVATE WORLD TO COLLIDE HAPPILY WITH OTHERS :rant:

I can't say it any more. I've ben saying it for the past two years and here it is the same problem again. I'm glad Lou's just letting them sink pr swim even if it is sinking. This still isn't bottoming out.... they still think they're going to click.... I see no turn-around route for them. I just don't. They have no sight and no one on board can help them with it. :noclue: It is to laugh bt I think it's almost the only way. :noclue:

I am concerned:

A) Because I understand what you are saying

B) I agree with all of it

C) The Devils are pretty screwed