GDT: Devils @ Penguins

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Never Done one of these before.

Thought it might be a good time to start

medium.pngVs medium.png

TV: RDS, MSG PLUS (HD), FS-P (HD)

Last 10: New Jersey 4-6-0; Pittsburgh 9-0-1.

Season series: Second of six meetings between these Atlantic Division rivals. Brent Johnson made 30 saves and Paul Martin had an empty-net goal and an assist against his old team in a 3-1 Pittsburgh win in New Jersey on Oct. 11.

Big story: The Devils won all six games between these teams last season and shut out the Penguins twice at the old Mellon Arena, but 2010-11 has brought about much different fortunes. Pittsburgh has won nine in a row and is tied for first in the Atlantic with Philadelphia, while New Jersey is next-to-last in both the division and overall NHL standings

Forward lines looking to be:

Kovy/Zajac/Langs

Elias/Arnott/Zubes

Rolston/Mair/Clarkson

Gionta/Pelly/Tedenby

White/Tallinder

Volchenkov/Corrente

Greene/Fayne.

LETS GO DEVILS

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never Done one of these before.

Thought it might be a good time to start

medium.pngVs medium.png

Forward lines looking to be:

Kovy/Zajac/Langs

Elias/Arnott/Zubes

Rolston/Mair/Clarkson

Gionta/Pelly/Tedenby

White/Tallinder

Volchenkov/Corrente

Greene/Fayne.

LETS GO DEVILS

Are those line pairings official? Because I wouldn't think that Tedenby would be taken off the EAT line.

My prediction: Crosby elbows Kovalchuk in the head then throws himself on the ice and throws a temper tantrum. Kovalchuk gets and interference penalty. Penguins 4-2

Are those line pairings official? Because I wouldn't think that Tedenby would be taken off the EAT line.

My prediction: Crosby elbows Kovalchuk in the head then throws himself on the ice and throws a temper tantrum. Kovalchuk gets and interference penalty. Penguins 4-2

Thats what was quoted in Fire and ice:

Link

There are some significant changes in the line combinations as Dainius Zubrus has replaced rookie Mattias Tedenby at right wing on the line with Patrik Elias and Jason Arnott. Tedenby has been dropped to the fourth line with Rod Pelley and Stephen Gionta. Alexander Vasyunov is also rotating in on the fourth line.

Adam Mair has moved up to center Brian Rolston and David Clarkson. That line played pretty well together in the game last week against the Flyers. The Ilya Kovalchuk-Travis Zajac-Jamie Langenbrunner line remains intact.

All healthy players are on the ice for the practice.

Also:

Link

As I mentioned earlier, MacLean changed up three of the forward lines today. He put Dainius Zubrus in Mattias Tedenby’s spot at right wing on the line with Patrik Elias and Jason Arnott. Adam Mair moved between Brian Rolston and David Clarkson on the third line and Tedenby moved down to the the fourth line with Rod Pelley and Stephen Gionta. Alexander Vasyunov also rotated in on the fourth line.

“I may make a couple of moves tomorrow as far as the lineup,” MacLean said. “I made one switch there with the lines today. Zubie, get him back on the wing where he’s effective. He can be a little more aggressive on the forecheck on the wing. I think Mairsies’ game is coming around and we’ll decide what we’re going to do (with the fourth line).

MacLean said Tedenby is still going to get his ice time. He double-shifted Ilya Kovalchuk on the fourth line Saturday in Philadelphia and acknowleged that Tedenby and Kovalchuk “definitely could” get some time playing together Monday.

“He’s a kid that no matter where you put him, he can jump into any line and give you that energy,” MacLean said of Tedenby. “He’‘ll get some ice and he makes things happen. I’ll use him in different situations.”

Also something to take a bit of encouragment from, Malkin is out with a Knee injury as well.

Score early and shut those annoying Pen fans up right away

What world do you live in ???

Score early ??? NOP we ain't going to do this.Instead we are going to chase the score all game long after conceding 2 or 3 goals in the first period.

Shut those Pen fans ??? NOOP we are actually going to give them reasons to cheer.

At this point bring back PL3 and we will watch the games just to see if he destroys someones face instead of watching the rest of the team and John Maclean staring at the score board all game long