Єklund (2.3% accurate) rumor

overtime98

I think he is way off with the players, but I have a feeling we might deal with the flames........

Any chance the Flames-Devils could do a Regher/Stajan for White/Zajac trade?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Єklund (2.3% accurate)/The-Names-NJ-and-Calgary-May-Be-Discussing-Also-does-IginlaSundin/1/31966

as disappointing as he's been without parise, trading zajac is a major mistake.

if lou is dumb enough to move him, it signals that this first half f-ckup is only the beginning of things to come.

if anything, and i know it will NEVER happen straight up, but move the captains for one another. but again, that'd never happen.

I would be legit pissed off of Travis left. Like stated above, Parise needs Zajac and vice versa. That would be a mistake.

The fact that Zajac can't do anything without Parise is pretty damning. If Zajac needs Parise to be at all productive, is he really worth that much to us?

See whats happening with Kovalchuk and not having a center thats able to play with his style......

That is what would happen if Zajac left....

Edited by Quinn01

I'm not sure what this deal would accomplish at all.

Robyn is a good player, but the miles are going to start to take its course, plus we need more of a skating defenseman anyway. We already have Volch and White. Why Robyn? Besides, they just traded White - why would they trade Robyn?

Maybe Sutter can take Clarkson off our hands - long term move for the Flames who are rebuilding.

I could've seen us wanting Ian White from them, but not sure who else.

Travis is not that good. While I agree that Parise needs a center, its not necessarily Travis. Travis has done absolutely nothing since Parise has gone down and that is not the mark of a primary player. Obviously, a center becomes even more of a pressing issue, but a defensive presence is even more necessary right now. If we got Regehr back in return, it would be a lot easier to swallow.

I would not be happy with Travis being moved, but something has to give here. No one wants our spare parts/vets and we're going to have to give to get better.

Obviously its an Єklund (2.3% accurate) rumor, so it probably means nothing, but in just pure discussion, at this point and the way we are playing right now, jettisoning Zajac is not out of the question nor should it be. The one problem I feel is Zach's reaction and how it may play into his contract situation. Lets also remember Zach is only an RFA after this season, so it does give us some leverage unless he's set on leaving, which I highly doubt.

Travis is not that good. While I agree that Parise needs a center, its not necessarily Travis. Travis has done absolutely nothing since Parise has gone down and that is not the mark of a primary player. Obviously, a center becomes even more of a pressing issue, but a defensive presence is even more necessary right now. If we got Regehr back in return, it would be a lot easier to swallow.

I would not be happy with Travis being moved, but something has to give here. No one wants our spare parts/vets and we're going to have to give to get better.

Obviously its an Єklund (2.3% accurate) rumor, so it probably means nothing, but in just pure discussion, at this point and the way we are playing right now, jettisoning Zajac is not out of the question nor should it be. The one problem I feel is Zach's reaction and how it may play into his contract situation. Lets also remember Zach is only an RFA after this season, so it does give us some leverage unless he's set on leaving, which I highly doubt.

I respectfully disagree. Travis has looked pretty good with Kovy. Travis is the center and needs to take a little of the playmaking away from Kovalchuk and he's done that to a certain degree. In addition Travis got us that win against Philly with his SO goal.

Plus if you trade Langs AND Zajac away that doesn't look so good for Parise. "Oh hey Zach while you were gone we traded away that center you had really good chemistry with."

Edited by CarpathianForest

Plus if you trade Langs AND Zajac away that doesn't look so good for Parise. "Oh hey Zach while you were gone we traded away that center you had really good chemistry with."

But if Zach leaves (let's just leave it at that, and not open that can of worms again), then we're stuck with travis, who has yet to show he can produce without zach as his winger.

But if Zach leaves (let's just leave it at that, and not open that can of worms again), then we're stuck with travis, who has yet to show he can produce without zach as his winger.

Not exactly. Zajac has shown some signs that he can build chemistry with Kovalchuk. Zajac and Parise have pretty much been together practically their whole NHL careers(Parise came in before so I'm not counting 05-06). Throughout that time they've developed a great dynamic. Zajac hasn't really had a chance to work steadily with any other wingers so it may take time before he develops a rapport with another winger while Parise is out. In my opinion it's too early to tell whether or not Zajac is as good as he is perceived to be or if he's that good because of Zach Parise. I really think now is the time he can show that with Kovalchuk at his wing. So far they've had some good chances.

Add to that that Ecklund's rumor has two guys coming over who will add 1 mil to the cap and it just doesn't look like a good deal.

Edited by CarpathianForest

as disappointing as he's been without parise, trading zajac is a major mistake.

if lou is dumb enough to move him, it signals that this first half f-ckup is only the beginning of things to come.

if anything, and i know it will NEVER happen straight up, but move the captains for one another. but again, that'd never happen.

I would not be opposed to Zajac being traded. He is a solid, young center. But that's about it. He doesn't improve the team alone, and a guy like Eric Staal or Henrik Sedin are game changers, and this is the player that the Devils are hoping Zajac becomes.

Just don't hold your breath of that happening.

If the Devils could package Zajac/Rolston/or Langenbrunner for a solid, creative center and some draft picks, then I would be for it.

Arny could then slot into Zajac's position for this season, and then we could go shopping in the offseason for a long-term replacement.

The problem is Zajac and Parise are really our only two players desirable to other teams. Maybe Greene but his performance this year isn't really helping. Nobody's is really.

No one wants to take Rolston's contract (or Elias' for that matter). Both are old and getting paid a lot.

Langs is old and not producing like he used to. I also wonder if his tantrum last year hurt his image with other coaches/GM's around the league.

Clarkson gets paid way too much for what he brings.

Zubs is great but he also makes a good chunk of change.

Arnott might have value at the deadline but I don't see why Lou would trade him when he just signed him back. Plus, IMO he's been pretty effective.

Kovy's obviously not going anywhere.

Voly's not going anywhere.

White's eyes are a problem.

Tallinder is old and makes too much.

Then we have a bunch of unproven young guys and guys with NTC's.

Point I'm making is we shouldn't really expect to get too much back through trade if we're not going to give up Zajac or Parise. The best thing Lou can do now, IMO, is wait til the deadline and try to trade for some draft pics.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

Would any of you guys do :

Zajac

Corrente or OMG or Fayne

Clarkson

for

Regher

Backland

Glencross

I am guessing there is no way Calgary gets rid of Backlund ,we would have to add a pick or another prospect.

Maybe swap Backlund for Stajan?

Edited by Egg

Would any of you guys do :ZajacCorrente or OMG or FayneClarksonfor RegherBacklandGlencrossI am guessing there is no way Calgary gets rid of Backlund ,we would have to add a pick or another prospect.Maybe swap Backlund for Stajan?

No I would not.

I don't see who on the Flames roster we would want so much that would actually make us trade Zajac.