Sestito on waivers. Jacobsen called up. Leach returned to Albany.

ghdi

Chere: Lou Lamoriello makes it official: Josefson recalled, Leach sent to Albany, Sestito on waivers. GM: "For (roster) flexibility."

more TG: Lamoriello said Josefson was called up to "get a few practices". That sounds like he might not necessarily play.

Edited by ghdi

i can't imagine what they're thinking with this.

lou confirmed what i thought: sestito is being waived as a precaution. so basically if they are adding players, they can send sestito down with no problem.

lou also saying that josefson is here to practice and not play, which of course makes sense.

lou confirmed what i thought: sestito is being waived as a precaution. so basically if they are adding players, they can send sestito down with no problem.

lou also saying that josefson is here to practice and not play, which of course makes sense.

Player that can be Josefson anyway ?

(or you think that a trade is coming)

That could be weird if you look at our hot streak... but maybe it's the best time ... (as we all know there is so slim hope to reach the miracle)

Player that can be Josefson anyway ?

(or you think that a trade is coming)

That could be weird if you look at our hot streak... but maybe it's the best time ... (as we all know there is so slim hope to reach the miracle)

Doubtful that it has anything to do with trades. Its roster flexibility in respect to bringing guys back and forth from Albany and New Jersey so they dont have use IR.

TG: Lamoriello defined roster "flexibility" as having option to call players up without having to place someone on IR in cases of minor injuries

lou says JJ will play eventually.

not sure why him and not henrique for reasons already mentioned.

Well playing JJ is no problem, as long as he stays under 10 games, I believe.

Then I dont know how the playoffs work. Can JJ get work now, be sent to minors to improve on his areas of need, and be back for the playoffs?(more of a general interest question rather than a serious one for the Devils this season)

Why not put Mair on waivers instead.

Tim Sestito has a two-way contract. If they move him to the minors they only have to pay him $105k. If Mair is moved down they have to pay his full salary.

Also, since Sestito is on a 2-way contract NOT exceeding $105k he can be called back up to the Devils without having to clear re-entry waivers. Mair would be subject to them.

Would love to see Mattais playing with Jacob, the 2 together with Lemaire coaching them.. Hmmmm!

Wonder what The lines would be, can't see shaking them up playing as well as they are.

Sestito was playing well defensively. More of as the Devils turn soap opera.

I don't think it would be too bad to have a line of Zharkov, Josefson and Tedenby. Zharkov has shown himself to be quite responsible in his own end and backchecks well. Josefson from what little we got to see of him, seemed to be pretty good on the defensive side of the puck and if Tedenby has two linemates that are good defensively, they can cover up for Tedenby if he makes an occasional mistake and it'll allow him to take a few chances offensively. This line would obviously get little ice time and that would be best for them, but I think if they got around 8-10 minutes a night, it would enough to keep them in the game and keep them progressing without them being a liability on defense or getting caught out there against the opposing team's top lines.

If it is the case that JJ is being prepped to take Arnott's place, I think it would be in our best interest to trade him for a Dman to take Salmela's place since he can be a liability on defense. Replacing him with someone more responsible and steady on defense, our D corps will be a bolstered a bit. It'll also allow the bottom pairing to get a little more ice time and take some pressure off guys like Tallinder and Greene.

http://blog.timesunion.com/hockey/devils-notes-n-quotes-it-was-crazy/7864/

The locker room should have some life Saturday night when C Tim Sestito joins the team in Binghamton. Sestito, who cleared waivers earlier today, was assigned to Albany after New Jersey’s 1-0 victory over the New York Rangers.

Looks like Sestito is going down, though I haven't seen this anywhere else.