Sykora officially signs

StormJosh

http://twitter.com/#!/Ledger_NJDevils/status/121561372092923904

Sykora is back. Contract details to be announced. I think somewhere TG said in the $800k range. I look forward to him being back, I think he is still a good NHLer (don't prove me wrong Sykora).

Too bad he couldn't be here last year, we could have entirely reunited a crappier version of the A-line.

• Like 1

:offtopic: -- :offtopic: -- :offtopic:

:saddevil: sorry guys... :( I hopeless...

Funny how our heart guys on the Cup are all gone and our flash is here. You know, and I'm all heart - but you NEED flash and style and ego and confidence. not saying Sykora will bring that after his beat down in the league but still...

Flash is so hard to figure.. I'm just thinking about bossey and how he'd be team guy and then when worse came nearly to worst he'd just step up almost like he was stupid "Oh - get a goal now?" wow... I miss those days. I guess I really love that -- someone so amazingly modest who can just turn it on.

Modesty is hard to figure. Because it does dull skill --- except with Bossey. You wait a millisecond too long and can't finish and -- you doubt yourself you make excuses and then you can get trapped into a downward spiral. And it's -- no one can say how to call that back up again - how to call out your ability. You just have to play hockey and hope for the best.

BUT I am sure that's not the whole story - that's just the kind of person I am - maybe most people are. Neidermayer might have something to say - but his temper gets in his way - and his secret laze and apathy. So he ends up in the same lost place at the end of the day.

That's the one psychological aspect I need to figure out. Even if a person can't do it -- I need to see what it is that guys who CAn do it are doing. Like a Stevens hit - you SEE what he's doing and sadly after that you either CAN do it or you can't. My weight is ingrained up not rooted to the ground. I can't even fvcking bowl - I can't hit a baseball -- I have no idea how to root my weight anywhere but my core moving upward with as little connection to the earth as possible. I have ZERO idea how to dig in and get rooted. For dance you need to be up and for singing you need to be rooted -- hence the fat. The sensation of weight gets opera singers rooted. :mellow: I just went off didnt' I? ... uh li'l bit.... ANYHOW -- how do you control attitude? What is the QUESTION to Bossey like modesty and flash? i dont know what to ASK even... dammitdammitdammit.

Edited by Pepperkorn

OK maybe I am not understanding this correctly, but why did we have to trade Steckel to make salary room for Sykora and Mills? Aren't we a good chunk under the cap this year for once even with Parise's contract? Was this done in order to meet an internal cap the team placed on itself?

"I'm ecstatic," Sykora told The Star-Ledger. "Of course I'm very happy. It's something that seemed very far away a couple of weeks ago and it happened."

NJ.com

Very happy with this signing. I think he will bring a decent amount to the table this year.

Lou is also looking to make the room to sign Stralman.

Every time i think about Sykora.. i think at this infamous cross check in the face by Hatcher the Butcher...

I think about the cup bring by teams to the hospital

(i try to avoid the thinkin' of how it ends the "first" time)

That bring lot of good memory...

I come to the Devils because of the Czeck Team ... And Sykora was one of the reason i did find this team exciting !

If he can pot 15 goals and 35 points, idk why anyone should be upset

I havent seen anyone upset about Sykora being back around, maybe I missed it. At first, I was one that was riding the fence but after what has happened the past few weeks, I like this signing and Sykora as a player.

He will wear the N°15... And Per TG, players congrat him as he steps into middle of ice to lead on-ice stretching by tap their sticks on the ice ...

This is awesome !

That is pretty great. What an awesome way to come back to NJ.

Edited by Quinn01