DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

I noticed you guys humming white stripes hardest button to button I think it was. Thought it was funny

i tried getting the "seven nation army" riff going for a power play anthem, guess you heard.

The Tampa Bay game is official! Sunday Jan. 9th at 5pm. Section 107 for 20 bucks!

http://devils.nhl.com/supporters

Use special offer code: devils

Start getting your tickets now folks! Be ready to stand, be loud and wear red! SPREAD THE WORD!

i'm still in as long as i can secure off from work [considering i make the schedules, i'm golden

Edited! Keep up the good work, I love the unity... the fans are as much part of Jersey's Team as the players on the ice!

Thanks for the write up! The more people that find out about this the better. One favor though could you possibly change the fanpage for section 209 to just fanpage for the Devils Supporters Section because we are going to be in one of the 100 level sections for the next game.

Thanks again!

I'm out of town that weekend, but I'm in in the future. Thanks for doing all the work, SH.

I'd really like to see this thing work out for you SH. A sunday during the NFL playoffs and us sucking this year is going to make it pretty difficult. I would suggest changing the day if you still can.

We sold 59 tickets through the last link in 4 days, I think we can at least match that with 20 days in advance. From about 90mins of waiting for responses on facebook and message boards there were about 30 people interested in the sunday game.

My count so far has 17 seats sold since the link has been up. I know it might be a big football day for some people which may keep most of the crowd away but I think this section will fill up rather nicely.

Plus the Jets and Giants haven't exactly clinched a playoff spot yet :ph34r:

Also this looks to be something that is going to happen more frequently. Maybe to even the point of having it for every Fri-Sat-Sun game for the rest of the season.

Edited by Satans Hockey

i obviously support this 100% SH, but be wary of it being an every weekend night thing. i know they are desperate for money but they do not want to blow this thing out. it's pretty obvious to me that the devils are now reading this board (or at least this thread), and so i want to make that clear. they have the opportunity if this remains relatively grassroots to have this be a thing at devils games sporadically for years to come, if it's a success. they don't want to use up all their capital in a terrible, lost season.

Edited by Triumph

i obviously support this 100% SH, but be wary of it being an every weekend night thing. i know they are desperate for money but they do not want to blow this thing out. it's pretty obvious to me that the devils are now reading this board (or at least this thread), and so i want to make that clear. they have the opportunity if this remains relatively grassroots to have this be a thing at devils games sporadically for years to come, if it's a success. they don't want to use up all their capital in a terrible, lost season.

If this section becomes official it will not need promotion or grassroots campaigning, it will be an actual section that will be marketed and filled every single home game.

I agree. I do believe that if this continues to go well though that the Devils may look into a permanent section to make this an every game thing next year and while I'm not sure if it could work for every game, I would def. be in that section for every game I attend. I'm not sure how many people it could draw for every game though but I think if the thing catches us on there might be enough people to keep it going. Who knows, it's kinda one of those you never know until you try it things.

The thing with the schedule for the rest of this season is there aren't a whole lot of weekend home games left.

Here is what's left...

January - 2

February - 3

March - 3

April - 3

Now I don't plan on doing it for every one of those games but if the next one goes well I don't think doing 2 a month would be out of the realm of possibility but I'm taking the wait and see approach though.

Edited by Satans Hockey

For those worried about a schedule conflict with football...if both New York teams make the playoffs, which isn't 100% yet, they will probably be both playing on the road. I would imagine the NFL would want to break up the NY audience for both Saturday and Sunday (just a guess, but I think it is quite possible). Then the Devils could change the game time if it is in conflict with either the Giants or Jets.

Edited by devilsrule33

For those worried about a schedule conflict with football...if both New York teams make the playoffs, which isn't 100% yet, they will probably be both playing on the road. I would imagine the NFL would want to break up the NY audience for both Saturday and Sunday (just a guess, but I think it is uite possible). Then the Devils could change the game time if it is in conflict with either the Giants or Jets.

Also, I know this was a few years ago(I think it was the year the Giants won the Superbowl) but I remember that after one of the Devils games they let us stay and watch the Giants game on the scoreboard screen.

Edited by Satans Hockey

If we're doing this only for weekend games and not setting dates a couple of months in advance, I'm going to be stuck at work every single time and won't be able to attend. :( I'm devastated I can't participate in this for the time being because the Devils actually having a supporters section is like a dream come true for me (after winning the Stanley Cup, of course!). I'm praying this sticks and one day we'll have this for weeknight games (or weekend games set up enough in advance that I can use some vacation time to get off from work). In the meantime, I'll continue to talk it up and spread the word, because this really is a great thing. If there's anything else I can do to help, lmk.

:gd:

If this section becomes official it will not need promotion or grassroots campaigning, it will be an actual section that will be marketed and filled every single home game.

oh really? just like all the other sections, right?

they need to have demand beat supply. right now it's a novelty that enough people want to experience. but if they run it once every other weekend, those people will be exhausted rather quickly. will there be a large enough critical mass to keep it going after that? the best way to ensure that is to artificially limit the number of times it is done.

oh really? just like all the other sections, right?

they need to have demand beat supply. right now it's a novelty that enough people want to experience. but if they run it once every other weekend, those people will be exhausted rather quickly. will there be a large enough critical mass to keep it going after that? the best way to ensure that is to artificially limit the number of times it is done.

This here. Once a month would keep it fresh and unique.