286 replies to this topic

#21 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

wait what is this? im sure i speak for myself, but ive never watched one of these...

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#22 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:08 PM

It's up to Devils fans to buy tickets. It's not on the team to have to find creative loopholes and trapdoors to get them to do so. That speaks just as badly.

It also hurts that the same lower level seats each season are owned by brokers/scalpers. Same thing happened at CAA. You could go to any game and see NYR/Flyer fans in the same seats game in and game out.

I don't think it speaks badly.. The Mets require you to buy a ticket plan/pack in order to get Yankee tickets (then hold a lottery for the remaining tickets).. Not only does it attempt to keep Yankee fans out, but it boosts sales for other games.. What would have been so bad about the Devils doing something similar? Why not leverage Rangers games to sell tickets to other games? They already do this to some extent but I think once this year's 24/7 is on TV the hype for this game will be near playoff level

I hope we kill them that game so that we can see them get beaten up in the locker room after :cheers:

Edited by Colin226, 28 November 2011 - 03:11 PM.

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#23 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:44 PM

I don't think it speaks badly.. The Mets require you to buy a ticket plan/pack in order to get Yankee tickets (then hold a lottery for the remaining tickets).. Not only does it attempt to keep Yankee fans out, but it boosts sales for other games.. What would have been so bad about the Devils doing something similar? Why not leverage Rangers games to sell tickets to other games? They already do this to some extent but I think once this year's 24/7 is on TV the hype for this game will be near playoff level

I hope we kill them that game so that we can see them get beaten up in the locker room after :cheers:

The Mets are in the same position as the Devils. They are both teams with fan support issues when a rival comes to play in their own place.

In other words, if the Mets and Devils need to "protect" tickets from other teams fans because their own fans can not fill them it looks bad.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#24 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:45 PM

Is rather stay at home and watch games rather than having to buy a plan just to get rangers or flyers games. Yes the Mets and Yankees do it but it is a sh!t practice and you hear many of the fans who can only afford a few games here and there say only deep pocketed business type customers can afford it.

Also the devils are no where near the Yankees and even the Mets in terms of selling tickets and popularity, so it will be unlikely that they can even sell those plans. Hell right now I have two reps calling me five times a week begging me to buy a plan right for almost two months now.

#25 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

It's up to Devils fans to buy tickets. It's not on the team to have to find creative loopholes and trapdoors to get them to do so. That speaks just as badly.

It also hurts that the same lower level seats each season are owned by brokers/scalpers. Same thing happened at CAA. You could go to any game and see NYR/Flyer fans in the same seats game in and game out.

Back at CAA when my family had season tickets, there were 4 seats in our row about 2 seats over from us that always had a different person in them. However, the tickets I saw in their hands were always the season ticket type and not one from TM or box office type. Also for every single Flyers, Islanders, or Rags game, they were always taken by their fans.

#26 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

I don't think it speaks badly.. The Mets require you to buy a ticket plan/pack in order to get Yankee tickets (then hold a lottery for the remaining tickets).. Not only does it attempt to keep Yankee fans out, but it boosts sales for other games..

Maybe it boosts sales for other games marginally but it sure doesn't keep Yankee fans out, Citi Field's always been half filled with Yankee fans.

You can take all the 'precautions' you want, it isn't going to prevent sth's from selling their tickets on the secondary market to make a profit, it isn't going to prevent Ranger fans from waiting till the last minute till the tickets become available to buy them at prices still below MSG levels and it isn't going to prevent people from voluntarily bringing Ranger fans who they know - best friend, spouse, dad, etc.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#27 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

I don't know I mean I hear what you guys are saying but I feel like for this one game we could have taken a better approach then just accepting defeat and giving in to the status quo.. I mean the team completely shot down my south jersey viewing party idea stating it was just a lost cause but I fought for it and they're probably going to make it a tradition after how successful it was.. Obviously very different and on a much smaller scale but I just want to see progress and you have to admit it would be cool to have that building be all red and hostile as sh*t when those cameras are in there and everyone is watching

I'm interested to see how it all plays out.. Maybe the game will suck and we'll get as much (or really, as little) time on the show as we did last season when we played in Washington

Edited by Colin226, 28 November 2011 - 10:09 PM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#28 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

Here's what the Ranger$ will be wearing. Looks like their 70's "Furguson" jerseys and their current roads threw up on one another.

Posted Image

#29 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

Here's what the Ranger$ will be wearing. Looks like their 70's "Furguson" jerseys and their current roads threw up on one another.

Posted Image

Eh. Not overly excited about them but I guess thats the "classic" of the winter classic. I just hope its a good game and theres some snow.

I also hope that next year they branch out of the original six.

Edited by Quinn01, 28 November 2011 - 11:08 PM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#30 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:18 PM

Why does every team have to invent crappy Winter Classic jerseys that they're only going to wear once? They're such an eye-sore, I don't think any self respecting Ranger fan would even want one of these. I'd like to see these teams wear their traditional jerseys at least once.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 28 November 2011 - 11:19 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#31 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

Why does every team have to invent crappy Winter Classic jerseys that they're only going to wear once? They're such an eye-sore, I don't think any self respecting Ranger fan would even want one of these. I'd like to see these teams wear their traditional jerseys at least once.

Actually, if we go back since its inception, both Buffalo and Pitt use their WC jerseys regularly [Buff's is now their away, pitt alternate home]

Chicago uses theirs occasionally and i think Detroit does as well.

Stop me if i'm wrong, but Philly's current home is their first WC jersey.

Washington used last years WC jersey versus the sabres yesterday.

just saying ;)

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#32 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:31 PM

There are teams who wore the jerseys more then once and even adopted them into current style. Only Buffalo and Boston wore their WC designed jerseys for the Winter Classic only.

I have a Sabres game worn from the 2008 game and they really should have made that their primary when they changed to the "Retro/Modern" set they have now.

Edited by SJP20, 28 November 2011 - 11:33 PM.

#33 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:57 PM

I also hope that next year they branch out of the original six.

dont worry Pittsburgh should be back next year

www.SterioDesign.com

#34 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:02 AM

I'm looking forward to it. Torts is going to be great, and I hope to god they have a mic on Avery during a game.

My favorite moment from last years series:

Edited by mmajeski06, 29 November 2011 - 01:03 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#35 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:47 AM

Even though they are not the same franchise, I would have liked to see the Rags to use an early 1930's-style NY Americans jersey for the WC. Would have been neat and finally get to see it worn.

#36 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:57 AM

dont worry Pittsburgh should be back next year

Keeping with the NHL's plan for originality and trying to make sure every team plays in a WC, I'm predicting Pittsburgh-Detroit for next year. :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#37 Bringbackbrylin

Bringbackbrylin

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:34 PM

you will truly be missing out if your lone reason for not watching is because of the teams involved.

gallery_47_36_882.png of The Championship Plaza brick my ex-girlfriend got me

#38 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

Keeping with the NHL's plan for originality and trying to make sure every team plays in a WC, I'm predicting Pittsburgh-Detroit for next year. :P

Well the Rangers are guaranteed a home WC now that they are the away team for one.. Odds are that we won't be facing them in it, but I have an idea.. What if they hold a Devils vs. Islanders game on the outdoor rink (wherever it ends up being put) the day before the WC on New Years Eve..

It would be the closest thing we'll probably ever have to being in the WC and I know I'd still have a blast.. Would also be a good way for the League to maximize profits out of the outdoor rink

you will truly be missing out if your lone reason for not watching is because of the teams involved.

Couldn't be more right.. The show is amazing regardless of who is on it.. Can't wait for it
Posted Image

#39 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:27 PM

Ah I can see it now...

'The Prudential Center? Yeah that's like our home away from home. We love playing there, our fans always take over the arena'

The rage on this board will be biblical

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#40 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:19 PM

i wish the would do it like the nfl did hard knocks, where its not just one team

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users