Devils in Contract Talks With Larsson

Daniel

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah didn't Lou ban McKenna from having a Twitter account last year? (part of the reason he made that crack about social media when he wound up in Ottawa last week). Only the Devils themselves are allowed to break team news on Twitter :lol:

Yeah, McKenna said he was on 1-95 to New Jersey or something, basically saying he had gotten called up without saying it.

And it is Larsson, TSN linked to his twitter during draft day.

Yeah, McKenna said he was on 1-95 to New Jersey or something, basically saying he had gotten called up without saying it.

I really do find that comical of Lou. I mean, Marty got hurt. I think everyone knew McKenna would be called up. Is it really such a big deal that he confirmed it? I really do wonder what it will be like when Lou's iron grip is gone.

Yeah McKenna tweeted he was on I-95 and had a long drive ahead of him. He never actually said he was on his way to Jersey. TG retweeted it and stated McKenna was probably called up, after that his twitter account got shut down lol. Once he reopened it I tweeted to TG to not get him in trouble again. TG said he still felt bad about it LOL

TGfireandice Tom Gulitti I still feel bad about that. @MikeMcKenna56. RT @NuCents973: @TGfireandice Try not to get him in trouble this time LOL

I really do find that comical of Lou. I mean, Marty got hurt. I think everyone knew McKenna would be called up. Is it really such a big deal that he confirmed it? I really do wonder what it will be like when Lou's iron grip is gone.

I don't think the big deal was necessarily that he confirmed it, but rather that he is releasing information that the organization doesn't have control over. TG wrote an article about it.

I don't get the the Taormina "hate". Recognizing that so far Taormina has played well in the situations he's been put in isn't "love", it's just recognizing reality. If Taormina was a 2nd or 3rd round pick and had the last 2 seasons then people would be excited for him. The last 4 years he's been outscoring most of the forwards he's played with. His defense isn't great, but if you make up for it with offense, that's ok.

But he didn't play all that well. In fact, he made countless defensive mistakes.. and his undersized body didn't help things. And its not ok if you're a sh!tty defenseman but put up some assists.

But he didn't play all that well. In fact, he made countless defensive mistakes.. and his undersized body didn't help things. And its not ok if you're a sh!tty defenseman but put up some assists.

There were probably 3 or so other defenseman at the time making more mistakes than he was and he was a rookie playing 21 minutes a game. On the same team you had a guy like Tallinder look horrific during that stretch of the year and we know he is a good defenseman, as an example.

He was on pace for 183 as a defenseman over 82 games. Tallinder ended up tops for the team at 102. That's a very helpful thing he was doing, not just getting some assists.

He wasn't a sh!tty defenseman, he played well, as evidenced by being only -2 when nobody was scoring, getting shots at the net frequently, and logging a decent amount of minutes.

PL3 used to be on facebook, I was friends with him and wished him good luck before his first NHL game, he's not longer on fb though.... I'm sure once Larsson signs his first contract he'll have to delete his twitter.

I've found Bergfors, Tedenby, and Urbom...they all seem legit

but theyre all ignoring me :rolleyes:

Edited by Mayday

I've found Bergfors, Tedenby, and Urbom...they all seem legit

but theyre all ignoring me :rolleyes:

Yeah Ive been ignored by Ted also. I think I found Taormina, and he added me, but I dont know if its actually him. Looks damn close to him and he never really updates it or anything, just adds people.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001927710249

*Just found Josefson...possibly?

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=600896214

Edited by Quinn01

Yeah Ive been ignored by Ted also. I think I found Taormina, and he added me, but I dont know if its actually him. Looks damn close to him and he never really updates it or anything, just adds people.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001927710249

*Just found Josefson...possibly?

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=600896214

That's definitely not the Devils' Matt Taormina lol.. Looks nothing like him and now you've made this random guy feel uneasy by wanting to be friends with him on Facebook :lol:

That's definitely not the Devils' Matt Taormina lol.. Looks nothing like him and now you've made this random guy feel uneasy by wanting to be friends with him on Facebook :lol:

Hey....hes got red hair and has the same name cut me some slack! hahaha I removed him from my friends a few days ago figuring it wasnt him.

lol I was just kidding around.. Really curious if that is JaJo's FB

Its all good. haha Yeah I sent Josefson a request so we will see what happens. I was also friends with Reid Bouchuer and Blake Pietila on facebook but removed them.

Reid Boucher:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356412305

Blake Pietila:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=510612666

TG

Larmoriello said "we'll do everything we can" to get Larsson signed before the 5 p.m. deadline Friday.

seriously Lou just shut up

Parise was a priority and they would do everything they can to re-sign him yet he signed absolutely every single expandable players he could before signing Zach, im seriously not impressed by Lou lately, unless he's working on something huge or that Zach knows exactly whats going on and that he's not just left in the dark

TG

Larmoriello said "we'll do everything we can" to get Larsson signed before the 5 p.m. deadline Friday.

seriously Lou just shut up

Parise was a priority and they would do everything they can to re-sign him yet he signed absolutely every single expandable players he could before signing Zach, im seriously not impressed by Lou lately, unless he's working on something huge or that Zach knows exactly whats going on and that he's not just left in the dark

Yeah, I'd feel a lot better if Parise was saying 'things are being worked on' or 'we're waiting for a few things to be worked out' or something that shows progress. I don't like that he says 'I haven't heard anything on my end' or 'it's pretty quiet'.

I would feel weird asking anyone to friend me on facebook who doesn't know me, especially a professional athelete/celebrity.

This whole thread has turned creepy.

So uh, back to Larsson... this should be an interesting scenario. They'll likely have to make his contract decision before Parise's. If they lock up 3M in Larsson for the upper benefits package, and don't have an escape route for shipping off salary via trade, it will become much more difficult to sign Parise.

I gotta think that if NJ signs Larsson this week with the intention of him being on the team, it will soon be followed by some announcement like Rolston+Urbom to the Isles for a bag of pucks.

More likely, IMO, that Larsson spends another year developing, tho. We'll see.

Yeah, I'd feel a lot better if Parise was saying 'things are being worked on' or 'we're waiting for a few things to be worked out' or something that shows progress. I don't like that he says 'I haven't heard anything on my end' or 'it's pretty quiet'.

i mean im putting myself in Zach's shoes for the last few seasons...

• first Lou went HARD on Kovy, im sure sure Zach felt that the future face of the franchise was taken away from him at some point...

• then they traded Zach's best friend and mentor

• then he was injured all season

• another season / another coach

• then it's taking forever and seems like Lou is absolutely emotionless and not in a rush at all to sign him, sign him for arbitration and then wait and wait and wait again

all that plus Zach is starting to get more popularity will all the publicities and the olympics... going to those nhl superstars photoshoot and talking to all those other players probably saying how free and fun their organization is (unlike the button up / overclassy / strict and prisonlike NJ seems to be sometimes

seriously if im Zach with all that and seeing Lou fvcking around and not putting all the effort he should in a superstar like zach is... i'd take that one year deal and test the market.

obviously we dont know everything but from the outside thats what it looks like and i really dont like it

Edited by SterioDesign

• first Lou went HARD on Kovy, im sure sure Zach felt that the future face of the franchise was taken away from him at some point...

• then it's taking forever and seems like Lou is absolutely emotionless and not in a rush at all to sign him, sign him for arbitration and then wait and wait and wait again

all that plus Zach is starting to get more popularity will all the publicities and the olympics... going to those nhl superstars photoshoot and all talking to all those other players probably saying how free and fun their organization is (unlike the button up / overclassy / strict and prisonlike NJ seems to be sometimes

seriously if im Zach with all that and seeing Lou fvcking around and not putting all the effort he should in a superstar like zach is... i'd take that one year deal and test the market.

obviously we dont know everything but from the outside thats what it looks like and i really dont like it

Maybe. Maybe not. Yes, Lou went hard for Kovalchuk, the best free agent available in some time, and perhaps the best pure talent in a long while. I personally don't think that factors in. Superstars like playing with other superstars, so I don't think having Kovalchuk on your team upsets a down-to-earth ego like Parise.

The rest of your post is conjecture... I doubt Lou is messing around. This stuff is a business. Sometimes waiting it out creates leverage. We have no idea what things are actually said behind the scenes. I agree that we as an organization could be more urgent to secure our talent, but it's not always that easy based on players' individual demands. Who knows what kind of deal Zach is looking to sign. Maybe he's only looking to sign a 4-year deal, in which case, Lou has to decide if it's better to trade him at top value or keep him around short term. We shouldn't automatically assume Zach wants a 12 year deal, because he might not, and that may be making things complicated.

This too, conjecture, but just noting that there can be plenty of variables. Obviously Lou wants what is best for the team, but fans don't always see that the "best" scenario can be fairly subjective, all considered.

To us, the fans.

People have to remember here that we really don't know jack sh!t about what's actually going on behind closed doors, don't worry about things we cannot possibly know

Lou has a lot on his plate right now. It's good we're all impatient with him here. It's realistic to be, when talking about players. Because they have nothing but this contract to think about. They have no minor league teams falling down the sh!tter - they have no dearth of exceptional coaches, they have no other teams hounding them for contracts, you know and we just see the tip of the iceberg regarding Lou’s responsibilities.

With that said - It is not fine for Lou to discount how important this one contract is to Parise. Do I think Lou doesn’t know that? No, I think he does, but from where we stand and taking history into account, he’s not honestly understanding it. It's Parise's LIFE his whole life. A life is as difficult to run as a hockey organization. A FedEx driver is working just as hard juggling his family & personal finances with performing his job duties as any wall street banker – FedEx man has to do it all himself banker hires it out – everyone works an 80 hour week.

Lou picked this life and he's got to be the one making concessions - not telling Parise to sit on his ass and wait until Lou is good and ready. Letting it slip until arbitration does Lou’s job for him is not adequate job performance. If Lou needs to hire more trusted underlings, so be it. I’m hard pressed to see anything more significant to this organization than Parise’s contract. That may well be MY failing – but IMO losing him will impact the organization poorly.

The Kovalchuk directive shaped things – you can’t go back to business as usual after that. Lou letting this go to arbitration is inappropriately glib. He must see that, no matter what his intent is.

And with THAT said --- If we went by this forum - we'd say none of us had anything to consider aside from the Devils and posting on the board. Think of how infinitesimal this board is to your life in the grand scheme of things and know that's about where getting information out to the public has to be in Lou's life. I personally do appreciate his desire to regulate the message. I think that’s in OUR best interest as much as it is in the organizations. Media snafus are not fun for anyone. There may be things going on we aren’t (and honestly do not need to be) party to. :noclue: sucks to be us…

all that plus Zach is starting to get more popularity will all the publicities and the olympics... going to those nhl superstars photoshoot and talking to all those other players probably saying how free and fun their organization is (unlike the button up / overclassy / strict and prisonlike NJ seems to be sometimes

Dead on