Plane Crashes carrying Top HK Lokomotiv Team

jagknife

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget the hockey aspect of it, there are so many children who will grow up without a father now, so many wives who will be missing their husband, many mothers and fathers without a son and a bunch of young guys who had so much of their life ahead of them. This is really a sad story, as is any other plane that crashes.

R.I.P. to all.

I don't tear up or think what if... I just think it sucks amazingly. I just think Jeez... How does a thing like this sink in? It's too much .. Too much loss. And too far away. It's not something I'll get my head around any time soon. They were all such alive guys. Just surreal

I don't usually either, but two reasons it really felt like a punch in the gut today:

#1 SH put it perfectly below:

Forget the hockey aspect of it, there are so many children who will grow up without a father now, so many wives who will be missing their husband, many mothers and fathers without a son and a bunch of young guys who had so much of their life ahead of them. This is really a sad story, as is any other plane that crashes. R.I.P. to all.

#2 - I met Vas this past fall, albeit briefly. Humble, funny, very personable. McKenna said it best, he picked up on English really well and could make anyone smile.

It freaking sucks when great people are taken from the world.

dchesnokovDmitry Chesnokov

Russian news agency RIAN, citing a government source, reports the focus is on whether there was an engine failure or low quality jet fuel.

Galimov is still alive. SovSport reporters are telling me the light is on in the windows of his hospital room

14 people have been identified now. Authorities are not releasing the names of those identified. It's known Vasyunov was the 1st identified.

Edited by mmajeski06

Russian News site just posted a video recreation of how they think it happened:

http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/479438

All I have to say is holy sh*t. :(

Man watching that makes it even worse. I can't imagine the horror of being on that plane when it split open like that.

Also, was there really not a better place for that tower other than the end of a runway?

Russian News site just posted a video recreation of how they think it happened:

http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/479438

All I have to say is holy sh*t. :(

There is a video of one of the engines sticking up out of the water. I'm not sure if that is really what happened but that is a hell of a place to put a com tower.

why is there no mention on the other survivors condition?

This was posted a few hours ago:

A doctor has said the condition of the two survivors of the Russian air crash that almost wiped out an entire international ice hockey team is "very grave".

A total of 27 players died, as well as the team's two coaches, seven club officials and seven flight crew.

Russian player Alexander Galimov survived the crash along with a flight crew member.

However, the 26-year-old winger suffered burns to 90% of his body and remains in a critical condition in hospital.

The other survivor, flight attendant Alexander Sizov, is also fighting for his life in intensive care.

Chief doctor of Yaroslavl's Solovyov Hospital Dr Alexander Degyatryov, who is part of the medical team treating the pair said: "The state of health of both of them is very grave. But there is still some hope."

Sky News