GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Ottawa Senators

Quinn01

This just sucks. Could have went into the Boston game with major confidence and now it's just..no. Same story all year with this team man. It's not going to change..it's 40 games in. It would have changed by now. This is them and they're continue to have a lot of ups and downs this season with the way their defense, goaltending, and power play is.

Bottom line this team has been up 2-0 3-0 in a few games now and haven't put teams away. That's scary and something needs to be done in order to send a message.

Oh yea and FOSTER fvckING SUCKS.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

im always bitching about teams getting pts when they lose in OT/SO im not gonna be an hypocrite and take it happily cause its my team... fvck this

i just can't take the shorthanded tying goal... it just seem like EVERYTIME the other team has a shorthanded possibility the puck in the back of the net our goalies NEVER stop them jesus christ

That fvcking sucked, but at least they got a point.

They gave up THREE to a conference rival by blowing that third-period lead, the two Ottawa got and the one we lost. I really should start a thread on how many points we've ****ed away against conference rivals this season, it wouldn't be pretty.

What "cost us the game" was the weak goals in the 3rd period.

Especially the poor passing - specifically on the PP entry.

The Clarkson penalty was just the residual effect of a team that wanted it more.

This teams knows they can't hold a lead in the 3rd period - they've said as much in the interviews - its in their head.

Their play in the 3rd reflects this psychology.

If not for MB30 this would have been a 5-2 game.

If it wasn't for MB30 this would have been a 2-1 devils win.

They gave up THREE to a conference rival by blowing that third-period lead, the two Ottawa got and the one we lost. I really should start a thread on how many points we've ****ed away against conference rivals this season, it wouldn't be pretty.

Exactly. Extra points don't matter much in inter-conference play. We just went from 6th to 7th place.

If it wasn't for MB30 this would have been a 2-1 devils win.

By the same token if we had a team that pushed the play and didn't sit back in the third we would've won by 3-1.

I know there a lot of reasons for a loss especially when it is a group break down like we have become famouse for in 3rd periods. But Oat's has done nothing to help our PP the rope to hang himself is gone what the hell does Oats have on Lou?

Lou its over fire him already, our PP is going no where! 2 yrs now arrrggggh!

Exactly. Extra points don't matter much in inter-conference play. We just went from 6th to 7th place.

By the same token if we had a team that pushed the play and didn't sit back in the third we would've won by 3-1.

Not exactly. The devils can be pressuring for almost the entire period but it is in vain when your goaltender let's in a softie like that.

same old Devils.

I'm getting tired of DeBoer's laid back/nonchalant attitude during the post game.

"i think we played well"

"we did a lot of things right"

Time to start holding people accountable.

The shorthanded goals are embarrassing.

Inability to hold 3rd period leads is very alarming.

How would Torts react to this?

he'd be cracking skulls, maybe thats why the Rags are a 1st place team.

I know there a lot of reasons for a loss especially when it is a group break down like we have become famouse for in 3rd periods. But Oat's has done nothing to help our PP the rope to hang himself is gone what the hell does Oats have on Lou?

Lou its over fire him already, our PP is going no where! 2 yrs now arrrggggh!

Lou has either lost his touch or doesn't care anymore. You'd imagine that after the 8th, 9th or 10th SHG allowed he would have done something.

Lou has either lost his touch or doesn't care anymore. You'd imagine that after the 8th, 9th or 10th SHG allowed he would have done something.

Old School Lou would have canned someone and changed personnel for sure. He would have done it halfway through the amount of SHG given up.

The problem is what the Devils need, they can't trade for. Unless a project like Foster is considered a fix.

Haha this place never does change does it.

NJ never should've been ahead 2-0. They happened to go up 2-0 against one of the most explosive offenses in the league. Somehow. Then they gave up the lead. Then they happened to lose.

No, it's not a lockdown defense, and I'm starting to get worried about the health of 3 of our top forwards (Parise, Zajac, Kovalchuk), but when you play teams even and you don't have top goaltending, this is the result you get.

same old Devils.

I'm getting tired of DeBoer's laid back/nonchalant attitude during the post game.

"i think we played well"

"we did a lot of things right"

Time to start holding people accountable.

The shorthanded goals are embarrassing.

Inability to hold 3rd period leads is very alarming.

How would Torts react to this?

he'd be cracking skulls, maybe thats why the Rags are a 1st place team.

I can't say I disagree with any of this, PDB does get a little too pie-in the sky for my liking. I've had enough of that nonsense with the Jets already :P

what is soft about a short hand goal?

sure he should have had it he said it too

fun fact: 12 shg vs. kovy's 12 G's

im not making a point here

i dont want to bring this up again but pete debo's system involves a third period reactor meltdown, its hard to judge marty and the devs past 2-3 years ago

Edited by lazer

Well another game that brodeur blew for us. The guy played great prior to the third. But that second and third goal shud never go in. Completely unacceptable! Im not saying we played good (cause we didn't) but we still grinded and played good enough to win that game in regulation, and it was another game blown by bad goaltending. If we had good goaltending this season we wud probably not be fighting for a 6-8 spot

We've left about 7 points out on the ice for sure...I've counted. I don't feel like going back to the schedule and pulling up every game we blew it in but It's definitely 6-7 points.

fvckin disgusting!!!! Hey Devils guess what you got what you deserved!!!! You fvckin let up and act like the game is over when you have a whole period to play!!!! fvckin Ottawa?!? Really Ottawa?!!!!!! I cant wait to see how we play against the Bruins!!!!

The Bruins will beat us 6-1. You heard it here first. I'm a pretty positive person but I'm also a realist. This team is just so terribly average and predictable right now.

We've left about 7 points out on the ice for sure...I've counted. I don't feel like going back to the schedule and pulling up every game we blew it in but It's definitely 6-7 points.

It's more than that, I counted at least eleven in the other thread (points we lost and gave up to other teams we're fighting for the playoffs).

The Bruins will beat us 6-1. You heard it here first. I'm a pretty positive person but I'm also a realist. This team is just so terribly average and predictable right now.

Eh, they only lost 4-3 in Boston and weren't playing as well then as they had been until the third period today. Maybe they will get swamped but they could also come from 2-0 down to win another shootout, they're that bipolar :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Did you see the goal? That was nobody's fault but Marty's. It was a soft shot off the boards that went in shortside. If we're going to blame Kovy for his ****ups, it's only fair to blame the goalie for his ****ups.

Bingo. Imagine if Kovy was the fault for that second goal. The board would have exploded....again.