GDT: Minnesota @ Devils 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

No that was an awful call. It shouldn't have been anything.

It's called making them eat Sherwood and it is CLEARLY a major. It a tactic you use when guys are hitting you and you're too much of a puss to take it. It was standard move up until the 90's. They use to teach it at hockey schools as a way to punish guys for running you.

Edited by hystyk28

Dano just doesn't have a voice for broadcasting either. Chico has a better delivery, bit goofy but still very jovial and likeable. Dano, I'm not sure he'll provide any fun anecdote

yet to see what level of homer he'll be

This.

did anyone catch parise's smirk when the devils were celebrating

I demand to see evidence in gif form.

It's called making them eat Sherwood and it is CLEARLY a major. It a tactic you use when guys are hitting you and you're too much of a puss to take it. It was standard move up until the 90's. They use to teach it at hockey schools as a way to punish guys for running you.

damn. I actually missed the call but I NEED to see a replay

I can't believe how many people I see on twitter and FB whining about all the booing parise got. Unbelievable.

Even that idiot ray from the crazies posted a big crybaby tirade on his crazies page about how embarrassed he was about the lack of class from the fans. Well sorry ray but your group, for many years, have not exactly been the shining example of class either. Get off your high horse and stick to auctioning off overpriced replica jerseys with sh!tty customizations.

Yeah I wish Daneyko's voice were a little better - I know that color guy voices around the league are quite distinct.  You can really tell how difficult a job it is though - Daneyko talked right over one of the goals after it was scored which is something that Chico is pretty good at not doing - he gives everyone a moment to celebrate and take in the crowd before talking.

Other things about the game -

Gelinas made an absolutely stunning zone entry in the last power play the Devils had.  I mean, this is top defenseman stuff he's attempting - Karlsson, Subban, Byfuglien type stuff.  If he could just clean up his own zone play a little bit - if he could even be Zidlicky level against the rush, and while Zidlicky frequently loses his man in coverage and can be a complete trainwreck off the puck, he's pretty good 1 on 1.  That's the level I'd like to see Gelinas get to, because holy lord does he have a world of offensive talent.

Thought Merrill cleaned up his game pretty nicely after some of the disasters of the last few.  He's also going to be quite good.

I'm curious who gets called up in Sestito's absence, or maybe they drop Zubrus to the 4th line and put Bernier and Brunner back in.  Quite frankly the Devils did not miss either guy tonight.

I can't believe how many people I see on twitter and FB whining about all the booing parise got. Unbelievable.

Even that idiot ray from the crazies posted a big crybaby tirade on his crazies page about how embarrassed he was about the lack of class from the fans. Well sorry ray but your group, for many years, have not exactly been the shining example of class either. Get off your high horse and stick to auctioning off overpriced replica jerseys with sh!tty customizations.

I found that rant particularly funny because I sit in 230 every game and the moment the puck dropped there was a very loud "F U ZACH" chant coming from 233. Haha. I posted in that thread too, I just don't understand why people would take offense to booing him. It's sports. Additionally I would love it if the word "classless" would disappear from sports.

I found that rant particularly funny because I sit in 230 every game and the moment the puck dropped there was a very loud "F U ZACH" chant coming from 233. Haha. I posted in that thread too, I just don't understand why people would take offense to booing him. It's sports. Additionally I would love it if the word "classless" would disappear from sports.

Right? Everyone's 'classless' and has 'no class'. No class this, classless that, shut the fvck up. Most people don't even know what words like this mean, they just parrot them because they hear everyone else say them.

Amen MadDog.

Drives me insane when people start using the word "classless".

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I just found it funny and EXTREMELY ironic that the leader of the Crazies is going around calling other fans classless.  There is a reason why many fans, including myself, have no problems paying more for tickets just to sit away from them (as well as the Diablos).

This.

I demand to see evidence in gif form.

I saw it too.  It was actually funny.

I agree.  It's nothing more than gamesmanship from the fans.  Nothing wrong with it.  I'm sure most Devils fans who did boo did it mostly in good fun.  I still have my 2 Parise jerseys hanging in my closet.  They're not going anywhere either.

It's also ironic because I believe it was 233 who started the YS chant with SNA.  It started during the Rags 4-0 win, and I was in 132 that night.  So if the Crazies are lecturing fans about class, it is definitely quite ironic coming from them.

It's sports, OF COURSE PARISE IS GOING TO BE BOOED. If you don't want to boo him and think its classless you are wrong and I will fight you.

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't even hate him anymore.  I was pissed off initially when he and Suter were secretly conspiring to sign together, but overall I can't blame the guy for signing in his home town.  I still root for him, I still enjoy seeing him do well, and I definitely celebrated that goal against the Rags recently like he was still a Devil.

Actively rooting against your own team to make yourself feel better..?

Welcome to the ignore list loser :lol:

Wow.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I think it would make you more of a loser for putting someone on an ignore list because you can't handle opposite opinions. Also, it doesn't make him a loser for being on your ignore list as you make it seem. You're not special.

I think it would make you more of a loser for putting someone on an ignore list because you can't handle opposite opinions. Also, it doesn't make him a loser for being on your ignore list as you make it seem. You're not special.

It's one thing to have an opposing opinion, it is another to actively root then for the other team because of it.

I applauded when Parise scored, just for the fact that everyone is boo'ing him because he decided to live the life he wants and not the life the fans want him to live.

Well that is free agency and so a lot of players do that.  He is no different and he is not doing anything extraordinary or heroic.

He is on the opposing team that is playing my favorite team.  I can boo him all night and I do not applaud when the other team scores.

When did I claim to be special?  Don't put words in my mouth.

He's rooting against the Devils on a Devils forum, sounds like a good enough reason to me to not want to deal with his nonsense.