Will the Devs utilize their remaining amnesty buyout?

mfitz804

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if Lou could have traded them, something would have came back to him.  Hopefully he does.  Not totally holding my breath.

with all the "better" dman who got bought out lately that teams can simply sign without losing assets... i dont see how we're trading those.

and to trade them Lou would need to see a need to trade them. It seems like he doesnt from his quotes. 

If Lou let's Faye walk, I say you need to have somebody with a physical presence on D. I didn't say Volchenkov or Sal are ideal, but given the current situation(not picking up someone) I think you need one of the 2. If anyone gets bought out it's probably Volch since he has more term despite being better than Sal.

These compliance buyouts should be having way more value, especially to the teams that are struggling with the cap. I haven't crunched the numbers, but I have to believe there would be a del out there somewhere if Lou feels bad mixing deals he signed. You know, the man of his word type thinking. I know he bought out heddy, but I am sure Lou is taking care of him on the other side.

Any chance Close is a dark horse candidate of compliance buyout?

If you meant Clowe, I don't think it can be used on him because he was signed after the new CBA.

If Lou keeps both Volch and Salvador on board and lets Fayne walk, I'll have officially lost faith in Lou's vision for this team.

Agreed. Fayne was one of those "Lou specials" where it seems like only HE knew how Fayne would develop in the years to come. I was puzzled 3 years ago how high Lou was on Fayne in interviews, I wasn't convinced at all at the time. Then last season, and this season, he's made such a huge improvement in his game. Super solid, almost essential to our D moving forward post-36+ y/o era. He and Greene were bar none poised to be the future veteran leaders of this team as we transition into our 20-23 year old kids leading our D in the next few years. 

I'll save any criticism until we see how this pans out, but if Lou lets him go, I really don't understand what's going on in his mind anymore, it'd be puzzling. Just a short 2 years ago, I remember Lou telling Fayne it was okay to buy a house, and saying things along the lines of that Fayne would be essential to our core moving forward. Letting him walk would be a true sign of what people have been joking about for a while about Lou going senile.

Sal's will be gone next summer, plus he'll probably be injured this year at some point anyway.

That too.  Like you, I actually liked Volch and his game for the most part and thought he was getting more grief from the fans than he deserved.  However, decisions have to be made and I guess this one opens more opportunities for signings so it's the more logical choice.

Ok now who want Salvador? Anybody taht what him i dont care what you give me it a free salvador!!!!!

Salvador Derby on!

If Sal is going to be traded it will be after the initial frenzy when anyone you can reasonably spend money on are gone and teams need to make the floor.