2014-2015 Around the league thread

MadDog2020

Absolutely ridiculous.  As if there is a coach anywhere on the planet that could have done anything with that team.

Reminds me of when the Royals were terrible for so many years, yet fired managers.

The Sabres were a bad team, but I cannot imagine that Ted Nolan was helping them at all.  They were historically awful and their roster isn't *that* bad - I mean, is it worse than an expansion team?  I don't think so, and yet it performed worse.

The myth of Ted Nolan as a good coach will continue to live on thanks to Dominik Hasek though.

this is pretty weak, sh*t happens get over it. Plenty of excuses and finger pointing up there already. Heads will roll I'm sure as a result.

Milan Lucic: "I can say for sure the loss of Johnny Boychuk definitely affected me at start of the year. That was a tough one to get over"

this is pretty weak, sh*t happens get over it. Plenty of excuses and finger pointing up there already. Heads will roll I'm sure as a result.

Joe Haggerty@HackswithHaggs 1h1 hour ago

Milan Lucic: "I can say for sure the loss of Johnny Boychuk definitely affected me at start of the year. That was a tough one to get over"

Lmfao at Lucic. He didn't die a$$hole. You're a professional, suck it up.

The Sabres were a bad team, but I cannot imagine that Ted Nolan was helping them at all.  They were historically awful and their roster isn't *that* bad - I mean, is it worse than an expansion team?  I don't think so, and yet it performed worse.

The myth of Ted Nolan as a good coach will continue to live on thanks to Dominik Hasek though.

I mean even when Buffalo's best players were performing well (near the end of the season Gionta was on fire and Lindback was playing .920 hockey) Buffalo was still pretty atrocious. When a team does as bad as Buffalo did, especially goal-wise from October to February, the coach you have simply cannot be that great, even if the team could perform somewhat better under him with a few more pieces.

Buffalo knows they are getting a superstar next year. I don't see why they would want to have that player begin his development under a coach who is 100% not the long-term answer.

Edited by Neb00rs

Also, Dallas signed John Klingberg to a 7-year, $29 million extension: http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2015/04/source-stars-and-john-klingberg-have-agreed-to-terms-on-seven-year-extension.html/

I'd sign Larsson to that deal right now.

Yeah, I wouldn't hate it either. However, Klingberg has played at a level that Larsson hasnt reached yet. He's reallllllyyyyy good

Yeah, I wouldn't hate it either. However, Klingberg has played at a level that Larsson hasnt reached yet. He's reallllllyyyyy good

Klingberg is really good, but Larsson took huge steps forward this year. If I could get him on this type of team-friendly deal and buy a few years of UFA time, I do it.

Saw this morning that the Isles will be practicing at Annapolis this year, didn't see when.

What I also was surprised to learn that the late Dr. McMullen was a huge donor to the Academy and their hockey arena was named after him.

I found it interesting that they have one especially since when I took part in the Naval Academy Summer Seminar back in 2002, their hockey "rink" was one of their main halls that they flooded when the boards were in place.

Saw this morning that the Isles will be practicing at Annapolis this year, didn't see when.

What I also was surprised to learn that the late Dr. McMullen was a huge donor to the Academy and their hockey arena was named after him.

I found it interesting that they have one especially since when I took part in the Naval Academy Summer Seminar back in 2002, their hockey "rink" was one of their main halls that they flooded when the boards were in place.

I played college hockey against Navy and that place was like someone decided to put a rink in the middle of a student center. We didn't even have a locker room to change in, just some curtains/partitions that they put up in a big square. The fans on the second level could look right down onto us getting changed.

We used to beat them every season, but man were they physical. Always liked how they blasted "anchors away" when they came onto the ice.

Elliotte Friedman said earlier on the pregame that was on before the lottery that if there's a coaching change in Boston, a name that's getting thrown around by Bruins management is... Mike Milbury. [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

I mean, I had to rewind it because I thought I heard him wrong.

Edited by MadDog2020