2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Just finished a long recap of that game. Isles just weren't ready. Caps' experience and depth won out. Capuano second guessing.

Isle Be Seeing Ya: Kuznetsov, Caps eliminate Islanders in 7

I am disappointed that it won't be the Islanders. A second round series would've been great for New York. But it wasn't meant to be. 

There are very few obstructed view seats upstairs.  Last 2 rows of the 400s.  I sit in the 200 level barstools, last row of the arena, no obstruction at all.

Those are much better. Great view up there. Congrats on your wife being pregnant. 

Yeah, I can understand Rangers fans selling their playoff tickets. I mean, if you go to every Rangers game at MSG on a deep playoff run, you could very easily end up spending what could be a down payment on a house. It's a sad state of affairs for the long-time fans who I think deserve to be able to see their team make a run, but I don't hold it against them. You're pretty much paying for a second season ticket plan, maybe more. Not many people have that kind of money handy, and that's sh!tty on the part of ownership and how much they've risen ticket prices, "because they can."

The cost for some of these seats is astronomical. Matteau has it tougher. Those are higher priced. I talked to a guy who made a killing during last year's Cup Final run. That's how he was able to afford his seats this year.

It's supply and demand. I don't have to be there for every game. Expectations are through the roof. Last year, I went to Game 5 vs Flyers and Game 6 vs Pens. Both wins. I went to 2 Habs games including the clincher which was my favorite moment. Never been there for anything like that. I went to Game 3 vs Kings. They got shutout. LA dominated. You can't win them all.

How about that Tyler Johnson. Two more goals making it 6 vs the Wings. He's carrying the Lightning. I don't think they're a lock in Game 7 due to Bishop, who looks shaky. He is really fighting the puck. And Stamkos remains stuck on zero.

Go Caps go. I really think they can do it.

yea going into last night I was pulling for the isles because it would be great for hockey in ny, but as the game went on it was obvious the injuries took their toll and the isles just didn't have eniugh, they would have gotten destroyed by the rags.

Not saying the caps can beat them, but they should at least make it a series. And I t's probably best for isles fans that they won't have to hear rags fans bragging about closing out the coliseum.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Caps have a great chance here at beating the Rangers. The Rangers need to play at a whole other level to compete with Washington. I mean Pittsburgh wrote a blueprint to play with the Rangers without having the talent, speed or size to get that go ahead goal. The Caps defense has played stingy for most of the season and are seemingly a little bit healthier than the Rangers are right now. The Caps have greater firepower than Pittsburgh too and boy after losing to the Rangers over the years, they'd sure love to beat them. Trotz ain't Mike Johnston either. 

Whoever wins, I can't see this going shorter than 6 games. If the Rangers get past them, I don't think they'll be left in one piece either. 

Am I the only one who doesn't see that much wrong with Kronwall's hit last night? Kucherov was leaning down into it, it seems. Short of counting the strides and saying it was a charge (which I haven't done), I don't see it as suspendable.

Thoughts?

Brooks is a hack, as bipolar as they come. And he knows that's his job: to appeal to the bipolar pessimistic New York sports fan, the ones who booed Rick Nash and Martin St. Louis last year in the 2nd round, etc.

If they lose in either games 1 or 2, he'll write a doom-and-gloom piece about how they might get eliminated. And then they'll win the next game and write about "hockey hysteria in New York".

Am I the only one who doesn't see that much wrong with Kronwall's hit last night? Kucherov was leaning down into it, it seems. Short of counting the strides and saying it was a charge (which I haven't done), I don't see it as suspendable.

Thoughts?

No, you aren't. Looked clean to me. Kucherov should've kept his head up. But Kronwall has a phone hearing today, so he's getting suspended. Such is life in the new NHL.

eh, Brooks is wrong, the Caps are way way better than a limping undermanned Isles team. Just looking at the Isles last night they were on fumes. Rangers probably would've handled them quite easily (3 defenseman missing...come on)

Ehh, Brooks writes for a tabloid, so he writes what he thinks the ranger fans want to read when they're winning, and the other stuff, he just hopes gets picked up by other websites, to enhance his popularity. I too wanted the Isles, thinking the emotion might help an upset. But it's probably better Wash plays them and gives a tougher time. More physical, will be needed against the constant forechecking. Not really getting my hopes up though. 

Thoughts?

Good old fashion Kronwall, the game is becoming a bitch sport. They need to let these hits go unless its REALLY bad.

Oh stop, we've seen it here before first hand. Rangers fans are doing the EXACT same thing a lot of Devils fans did around 2003. Save the money on the early round games to help pay for the later rounds that have come to be expected.

Only difference is the Devils don't have NY on their chest and the demand for the tickets aren't the same. The Devils had non sell outs in early rounds while Rangers sold out and turned a profit in some ways.

2012 ECF is totally different than a 2015 first round series. Can't stand the Rangers but calling out these guys is bush league

I'm not calling out "these guys". I don't care what people do on an individual basis. I said before I'm sure they had plenty good reason not to be there, and if they didn't, I wouldn't really care. My point was that it was a poor reflection on the fan base as a whole if systematically people with tickets decided to move them and not go. Like I said, I suppose that's not the popular opinion.

What ever happened to the 87-88 banner? I've always been meaning to ask here if anyone knew.

No, you aren't. Looked clean to me. Kucherov should've kept his head up. But Kronwall has a phone hearing today, so he's getting suspended. Such is life in the new NHL.

I agree, i am sure Kromwell was taking a bit of a  run at him, but if Kucherov has his head up it isnt nearly as big or even a question of suspendable.  As it is I cant see a suspension from that hit. . .

What ever happened to the 87-88 banner? I've always been meaning to ask here if anyone knew.

5547837270_ae9fbfb970_z.jpg

It's in this picture.  Has it since been removed?