2016-2017 Lineup Thread

sundstrom

2 hours ago, sundstrom said:

The Cammy thing and the way it's being handled points to either marital issues or child sickness. Both are really tough but hoping for the best for him. 

Yes it looks that way. Sad for him and I don't even know what the issue is. 

11 hours ago, sundstrom said:

The Cammy thing and the way it's being handled points to either marital issues or child sickness. Both are really tough but hoping for the best for him. 

Or....marital sickness.

Yeah, I mean when you only have Craig Anderson's wife with cancer to compare leave of absences to, I would think some kind of sickness in the family they may want to keep off the presses and the interweb.

34 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Or....marital sickness.

Yeah, I mean when you only have Craig Anderson's wife with cancer to compare leave of absences to, I would think some kind of sickness in the family they may want to keep off the presses and the interweb.

I have no issue with that, I don't need to know. It's important enough to him to be out, that's all that matters. No matter what, there's stuff more important than hockey. 

• Like 3

Cammo's daughter had pneumonia and needed surgery; thankfully she's gonna be okay. http://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nhl/devils/fireandice/2016/11/23/fire-and-ice-cammalleris-daughter-hospitalized/94341334/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Auvitu back tonight as well, but Palms is out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Well now we know what Cammalleri's personal issue was, glad to hear his daughter is doing okay now, and I hope the people who think Cammalleri was sitting out for no reason feel adequately chastened.

i honestly don't know nor have heard of one person who thought that cammalleri was dogging or didn't have a reasonable reason for staying away. if these were home games, i bet he would've been playing even w/ his daughter's recovery last week.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Well now we know what Cammalleri's personal issue was, glad to hear his daughter is doing okay now, and I hope the people who think Cammalleri was sitting out for no reason feel adequately chastened.

I don't think anyone really thought he was sitting out "for no reason".  I think just about everyone knew there had to be a legit personal reason as to why he would miss that many games...that he wasn't just taking some kind of vacation or not wanting to compete.  Yeah, he's fragile physically as a hockey player and at times it's maddening (especially for a team like this one, that really needs him), and he never seems to live up to his contracts or produce as much as one would hope (for reasons previously stated, though a lot of UFAs don't really live up to their deals), so for some, there was probably a bit of "Geez, here we go, more missed games for Cam" and some eye-rolling...not saying that's right, but a guy who misses so many games will eventually get that sort of reaction even when he misses games for 100% completely legit reasons (injury or otherwise). 

That being said, as the father of an 8-year-old daughter (who in some ways is my best friend, though that will NEVER stop me from being a dad first, which means saying no and teaching her right from wrong (sometimes the hard way) will always come with the territory), I can only imagine how scary that all must have been for him.  There is no worse feeling as a parent than seeing your child suffer, in any way, and feeling helpless to do anything about it.  We were just at Disney and on the second to last night before we came back, all three of us (me, wife, and daughter) came down with a brutal case of food poisoning...but my daughter had it the worst.  Threw up violently in her bed, and every 1-3 hours for the next 36 hours.  Nothing could really be done...it just had to run its course.  I felt absolutely horrible that I couldn't do much more than be there with her, and try to keep her as comfortable and hydrated as possible.  Well, multiply that times 1000000 or so, and that's what Cam probably just went through.  From one dad to another, so glad his little girl is going to be OK.  Very happy for him. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

Just now, sundstrom said:

i honestly don't know nor have heard of one person who thought that cammalleri was dogging or didn't have a reasonable reason for staying away. if these were home games, i bet he would've been playing even w/ his daughter's recovery last week.

There was at least one person here who tried to tie his absence the past few weeks as part of a pattern of missing games.

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I don't think anyone really thought he was sitting out "for no reason".  I think just about everyone knew there had to be a legit personal reason as to why he would miss that many games...that he wasn't just taking some kind of vacation or not wanting to compete.  Yeah, he's fragile physically as a hockey player and at times it's maddening (especially for a team like this one, that really needs him), and he never seems to live up to his contracts or produce as much as one would hope (for reasons previously stated, though a lot of UFAs don't really live up to their deals), so for some, there was probably a bit of "Geez, here we go, more missed games for Cam" and some eye-rolling...not saying that's right, but a guy who misses so many games will eventually get that sort of reaction even when he misses games for 100% completely legit reasons (injury or otherwise). 

That being said, as the father of an 8-year-old daughter (who in some ways is my best friend, though that will NEVER stop me from being a dad first, which means saying no and teaching her right from wrong (sometimes the hard way) will always come with the territory), I can only imagine how scary that all must have been for him.  There is no worse feeling as a parent than seeing your child suffer, in any way, and feeling helpless to do anything about it.  We were just at Disney and on the second to last night before we came back, all three of us (me, wife, and daughter) came down with a brutal case of food poisoning...but my daughter had it the worst.  Threw up violently in her bed, and every 1-3 hours for the next 36 hours.  Nothing could really be done...it just had to run its course.  I felt absolutely horrible that I couldn't do much more than be there with her, and try to keep her as comfortable and hydrated as possible.  Well, multiply that times 1000000 or so, and that's what Cam probably just went through.  From one dad to another, so glad his little girl is going to be OK.  Very happy for him. 

Cammalleri had 41 goals the last two years in 110 games playing for the worst offense in the league.  He's absolutely living up to his deal, even despite the injuries - he is only making $5M a year, which is not that high a salary these days.

43 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Cammalleri had 41 goals the last two years in 110 games playing for the worst offense in the league.  He's absolutely living up to his deal, even despite the injuries - he is only making $5M a year, which is not that high a salary these days.

I don't think the Devils signed him to that deal thinking "It's OK if he misses 54 games to injury in his first two seasons."  Yes, as a Devil, he's been pretty productive on a poor offensive team, WHEN HE'S PLAYED.  But 54 games missed in two seasons for a team that really NEEDS him in their lineup at least 70+ games per season...that's a lot.  No one is going to tell me what Cam's given the Devils to date represents good value for $10 million over two seasons...I'm sure there's much worse returns than this, no doubt, in at least for the most part, when he's played, he's been about as good (at times I'd say even a little better) as could be expected.  He just hasn't been able to do it nearly enough. 

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I don't think the Devils signed him to that deal thinking "It's OK if he misses 54 games to injury in his first two seasons."  Yes, as a Devil, he's been pretty productive on a poor offensive team, WHEN HE'S PLAYED.  But 54 games missed in two seasons for a team that really NEEDS him in their lineup at least 70+ games per season...that's a lot.  No one is going to tell me what Cam's given the Devils to date represents good value for $10 million over two seasons...I'm sure there's much worse returns than this, no doubt, in at least for the most part, when he's played, he's been about as good (at times I'd say even a little better) as could be expected.  He just hasn't been able to do it nearly enough. 

I'm going to tell it to you, because it does.  $10M on the UFA market over 2 years doesn't buy you a whole lot.  The Devils can't just will Cammalleri into the lineup despite his injuries; it's not his fault that they have a horrible team with no depth.  They knew he was an injury-prone player when they signed him and he hasn't disappointed in that regard.  Now would I like for him to play more games, sure, but he's provided a fine value at that price at least so far.

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I have a 9 year old, same kind of relationship. When she has a COLD I feel that way, can't even imagine something serious. He had more important things to do than playing hockey, simple as that. 

If I may ask, where'd you eat in Disney that caused that? I am there all the time and I would like to avoid that joint. 

1 hour ago, Triumph said:

No Bennett tonight, suffered a leg laceration in practice yesterday and didn't make the trip.  I suspect he's out all week.

I had to watch the Pittsburgh feed on Saturday and their announcers were bashing him pretty hard.  Especially in terms of being on the left wing I think it was.  Basically saying that he was responsible for their last goal, and how hopefully we learned our lesson.  

A few quotes from Hall from AG's blog:

“I got in what I wanted to do today,” Hall said. “Contact is one thing. It’s the little plays along the boards where you’re in uncomfortable spots and in awkward spots, that’s where I wanted to practice today and I did that and it felt good. I’ve pretty much checked off every box I need to. Now, it’s just feeling as good as I can to play.

“Just take it day by day,” Hall added. “Today it felt really good. Today felt better than yesterday. I’ll try and be ready for Thursday but, if not, then I hope to play Saturday.”

Link to full article with more quotes:  http://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nhl/devils/fireandice/2016/11/29/fire-and-ice-hall-hoping-play-thursday-saturday/94615170/ 

• Like 1