GDT - Hurricanes @ YOUR New Jersey Devils, 7 PM VOTE HOCKEY EDITION

thelastonealive

IMG_3918.PNG

What will give Devils fans worse heartburn tonight, the election or the power play? 

Cory the presumed starter, and I'm posting this way too early for possible lineup changes, but I'm going to be out all day, so hopefully someone can help me out there later.

Let's Go Devils! 

Edited by thelastonealive
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

So happy I'll be at the game to hopefully avoid hearing any more about the most embarrassing election(from both parties, I don't like either candidate)  in our nations history. I really did vote Devils tonight. Everything else is a complete waste of time. 

LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

just gotta hope they whole crowd isn't talking about it as the results start coming in.  im preferring to seclude myself in my home, away from any other human being

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

So happy I'll be at the game to hopefully avoid hearing any more about the most embarrassing election(from both parties, I don't like either candidate)  in our nations history. I really did vote Devils tonight. Everything else is a complete waste of time. 

LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

I was smart enough to vote trump this morning on my way to work so I won't have to worry about it later.

12 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

Election day really needs to be a national holiday. Are there any American Canes that have been there long enough that live there permanently who can't vote or are inconvenienced by this? No games on Halloween

North Carolina permits mail-in absentee ballots for any registered voter who applies for one. I assume if its important to any particular player, they would have done so. 

8 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I want that poster bad.  If someone can snag an extra I'll pay shipping and then a little extra for your trouble. 

Do they limit the number of posters one person can buy?

I already need two (and there's two of us going) but if I can buy a third, I could take care of you. 

Edited by mfitz804

52 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Do they limit the number of posters one person can buy?

I already need two (and there's two of us going) but if I can buy a third, I could take care of you. 

I didn't know they were for sale, I thought they were gameday giveaways, but now that I think about it, I do remember the recent thread and someone being upset that they were charging for them now, and that it was the local soccer team that was still giving them away for free.  Is there a place I can buy them online?  If so, I guess I can just do it myself then.  So used to not being able to get cool stuff like this due to being out of the area. :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I didn't know they were for sale, I thought they were gameday giveaways, but now that I think about it, I do remember the recent thread and someone being upset that they were charging for them now, and that it was the local soccer team that was still giving them away for free.  Is there a place I can buy them online?  If so, I guess I can just do it myself then.  So used to not being able to get cool stuff like this due to being out of the area. :)

They are not free and they are $5 per poster.  They make limited runs of about 300 from what I hear.  However, I also hear they might make more or hold some back as they made some past posters available for members who redeem points.  Other than that you can't get them online.

Red Bulls had something like this but they didn't charge for the posters.

5 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

They are not free and they are $5 per poster.  They make limited runs of about 300 from what I hear.  However, I also hear they might make more or hold some back as they made some past posters available for members who redeem points.  Other than that you can't get them online.

Red Bulls had something like this but they didn't charge for the posters.

Yep, I had forgotten about this coming up recently and them not being free.  Still, if someone can snag one for $5 and then ship it to me for I assume another $5 regular mail, I'd pay 10-15 for it.  I like that one quite a bit.  For whatever reason I also have a soft spot for propaganda themed hockey posters.

15 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah that was me, I'm not really upset by it but I just don't think some of these are worth 5 bucks especially when the Red Bulls give then away for free and it's printed nicer and on stronger poster. My point was more of if a team with a smaller budget can do it then so can the Devils. Here's theirs from Sunday, the wording could have been better. 

3 hours ago, Onddeck said:

just gotta hope they whole crowd isn't talking about it as the results start coming in.  im preferring to seclude myself in my home, away from any other human being

It's either politics or swallowing cum. Either way I'd just try to ignore what you hear tonight besides the house announcer.

• Like 5

ugh. Can we stop playing the freaking Lightning/Panthers/Hurricanes already. More rivalry games please. When are we playing Philly and the Rags? NHL needs an enormous schedule overhaul. Minimum 6 rivalry games a year. Should be 8.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, '7' said:

ugh. Can we stop playing the freaking Lightning/Panthers/Hurricanes already. More rivalry games please. When are we playing Philly and the Rags? NHL needs an enormous schedule overhaul. Minimum 6 rivalry games a year. Should be 8.

I agree except about Carolina since they are in our division now. Since the playoffs are divisional playoffs now we should definitely be playing our own division way more. I get the whole lets see every team at least once nonsense but nobody really cares about the vast majority of the Western Conference teams anyway. 

At least if Las Vegas and another West team get added then at least the divisions will be back to even. It's bullsh!t that West has less teams yet the same amount of playoff spots. 

4 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I was smart enough to vote trump this morning on my way to work so I won't have to worry about it later.

I'm not voting, I agree with George Carlin when it comes to this stuff, I don't want to delve too much into it since this isn't the politics thread, maybe we'll go resurrect that part of the board for the night lol