GDT: Game 18 Devils @ SJS, 10:30PM, MSG+

RunninWithTheDevil

16 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Obviously losing Hall has had the biggest impact but I think losing Auvitu is a close second. Palm and Cam were relatively quiet before they went down. Auvitu was contributing a lot more.

Also, I wonder if not playing with Hall has affected Henrique's attitude. He seemed pretty excited when the trade was announced but since then he's been put on the 3rd line and even benched. Maybe both he and Palm have a little attitude because they were both 30 goal scorers last year but have been dropped to second and 3rd lines since. Don't mind me, just overthinking as usual.

Zacha is much better at center than on the wing IMO. I wanted to say something during the King's game but I didn't see enough of it to make such a bold statement. Now I feel I can. I like that Hynes is taking his time with his development though. I still think he can be our 1C eventually.

That being said, I find myself contemplating whether or not our 1st should be in play this year. I think both Shattenkirk and Duchene might be available, I just don't know what we'd be able to add on top of our 1st to make either team want to trade with us. I think Duchene would be the better fit as he would be great with Hall and the right side of our D is not the weak side. Then again we could keep slipping into a top 5 pick again. 

Last year Palmieri was often on the 2nd line paired up with Zajac.  Our first line last year was Stempniak-Henrique-Cammy until Cammy got injured.

23 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Last year Palmieri was often on the 2nd line paired up with Zajac.  Our first line last year was Stempniak-Henrique-Cammy until Cammy got injured.

Yeah but I'm thinking that since he got 30 last year he thought he would be getting more 1st line minutes this year or even more PP time. I don't know. A lot of us expected he and Henrique's numbers to drop a little but I don't think anyone expected this much of a drop. The fact that they were benched makes me think they're a little bitter about something. Maybe Hynes is just holding them to a higher standard.

10 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I'm just going to leave this here

Re:  Kovy...about time he dominated that league (though his team is pretty stacked this season, which hasn't hurt).  Not hard to look good in a lesser league.  Kinda like some American ballplayers who go to Japan (see what Carl "Tuffy" Rhodes did in Japan after a short and unremarkable MLB career). 

Good for you Kovy, was never mad at you for leaving if your heart wasn't into being a Devil, but you ain't doing any of this against the best. 

19 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Good for you Kovy, was never mad at you for leaving if your heart wasn't into being a Devil, but you ain't doing any of this against the best. 

those D-men looked like me, LOL  although I would have attempted to take the body, and maybe not whiffed on the drop pass

Just as was the case with the previous 10pm game, I did not watch and had a dream about the final score. Last time I was right (I only missed the 3rd, so that was cheating), this time I saw 5-0 sharks, so I was close. 

And yeah, those D-men were frozen in time, that was amazing. He can come here and do that for us. If he wanted to bring Datsyuk along for one year, I might consider that too. 

Glad I didn't stay up for this one. I needed the sleep.

Also, Kovy and Datsyuk are the equiv of 2 junior or college players playing open hockey against a bunch of old men's league dudes. It looks good but, I agree with CR1976, you're kidding yourself if you're thinking he could have pulled that off against most NHL teams.

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Re:  Kovy...about time he dominated that league (though his team is pretty stacked this season, which hasn't hurt).  Not hard to look good in a lesser league.  Kinda like some American ballplayers who go to Japan (see what Carl "Tuffy" Rhodes did in Japan after a short and unremarkable MLB career). 

lol, do they even play Defense in the KHL.....   :tomato:

On 11/22/2016 at 11:50 AM, Triumph said:

The Devils should not trade this year's 1st round pick before the trade deadline under any reasonable circumstances.

For the most part I agree with you but if we can get a good center in a package I'd go for it. I'm sure last year we were all saying the same thing about not trading our 1st. I've grown to like McLeod and like the pick but I think getting an impact center now would be better for us as opposed to another 11-15th pick. Both Schneider and Hall's contracts will be up in a few years so we might actually have a window, believe it or not.