GDT: Game 31 - APPROPRIATE TITLE , 7:30 MSG+

RunninWithTheDevil

And that's that.

Such a shame because they played hard tonight. This team just doesn't have the talent and I know it's a rebuild so I'm fine with it, as long as ownership is serious about putting together a contender and not penny pinching.

Edited by slasher72
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Lol we don't have a better 4th forward than Damon Severson? 

fvck off Hynes.

Yeah I don't get that at all.  I can only think he was trying to fool Lundqvist and go with someone that he would not have a book on, but yeah...I was thinking at least Henrique, Palmieri, maybe Zajac.  Really even thought Wood shoulda been in the top 3.  Just don't get it.

Oh well, at least we got a point against those fvckers, I expected none, but we really do have to stop leaving points on the table.  It's going to catch up to us eventually.

Eh, tough one to lose but if the Devils had been playing well lately you'd just shrug and move on.  They played their best game in two weeks and Schneider played well.  This team can win games playing like this.  A few things they need to clean up - the power play is the biggest one - but this was a solid defensive effort, a game where they never trailed and ended up + Corsi 5v5.  Just have to hope they can build on the good effort.

Noticed the team is less aggressive on pinches - left some 50-50 pucks alone that previously in the season they would've pressed for.

• Like 1

Yeah I don't get that at all.  I can only think he was trying to fool Lundqvist and go with someone that he would not have a book on, but yeah...I was thinking at least Henrique, Palmieri, maybe Zajac.  Really even thought Wood shoulda been in the top 3.  Just don't get it.
Oh well, at least we got a point against those fvckers, I expected none, but we really do have to stop leaving points on the table.  It's going to catch up to us eventually.

Catch up to us? Have you looked at the standings lately? It's more than caught up to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Just now, Triumph said:

Eh, tough one to lose but if the Devils had been playing well lately you'd just shrug and move on.  They played their best game in two weeks and Schneider played well.  This team can win games playing like this.  A few things they need to clean up - the power play is the biggest one - but this was a solid defensive effort, a game where they never trailed and ended up + Corsi 5v5.  Just have to hope they can build on the good effort.

Noticed the team is less aggressive on pinches - left some 50-50 pucks alone that previously in the season they would've pressed for.

In the 3rd especially.

We really need to start taking down divisional opponents, otherwise we'll be out of the hunt by the end of January.

They MUST build off this game. Its a tough loss but they're almost back to a full 60 minutes of hockey.

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Lol we don't have a better 4th forward than Damon Severson? 

fvck off Hynes. How about Henrique, Wood, Palmieri?

Don't you know that questioning the minor league coach with his minor league decisions is forbidden here?  The excuse de jour is that he is still new at about 100 games coached.  Wonder what the excuse will be by his 200th game.

• Like 1

RECAP

• Another good effort.
  • Why can't this team win a big face-off?
  • Schneider was great.
  • Severson in the shootout?  WTF?
  • I feel bad for Zacha.
  • These past two games are ones they can build off of.

EVEN STRENGTH POSSESSION

• CF%: 52.38 (55 to 50)
  • FF%: 54.79 (40 to 33)
  • SF%: 52.17 (24 to 22)