Devils sign KHL defenseman Yaroslav Dyblenko

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, Triumph said:

If you go to Youtube, you can see him crushing people.  Physical guy.  Probably headed to Binghamton though.

Has been playing in the KHL since he was 19, which seems to be a pretty good sign.

On the other hand, there wasn't any sort of bidding war over him, which you almost always see with KHLers who are any good.  If that's the case, not sure why he's trying his luck in the NHL.  Would think that you make a lot more money on a KHL team than you do playing the bulk of the season in the AHL.

If he turns into our Alexi Emilin, OK by me. I have a feeling (if not lost in exp. draft) Prout will be back as well.  i think Mr. Shero is going to 'toughen' us up a bit.

17 hours ago, '7' said:

Vishnevski 2.0

That had me look him up on Hockeydb........I didn't find him but it led me to the 2006 Draft.  Look at ours and how bad that draft was.  Especially trading down to get Corrente and missing out on Patrik Berglund.  

Then in the 3rd round, picking Zharkov and a couple of picks later goes Brad Marchand.........ugh.

Not as bad as picking Neil Brady a fewpicks before Brian Leetch.......

3 hours ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

That had me look him up on Hockeydb........I didn't find him but it led me to the 2006 Draft.  Look at ours and how bad that draft was.  Especially trading down to get Corrente and missing out on Patrik Berglund.  

Then in the 3rd round, picking Zharkov and a couple of picks later goes Brad Marchand.........ugh.

Not as bad as picking Neil Brady a fewpicks before Brian Leetch.......

Yea that was right around the time Lou was starting to lose a little off his fastball regarding drafts. We'd always find serviceable guys in the late rounds. Didn't have to be great players but solid contributors. 2006 we just totally whiffed. Lou take Tony Romano...Leo Komarov goes two picks later. Lou takes Tyler Miller...few picks later Matt Beleskey is drafted. There aren't great players, but in the past we did a great job building organizational depth from the 3rd round onward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, '7' said:

Yea that was right around the time Lou was starting to lose a little off his fastball regarding drafts. We'd always find serviceable guys in the late rounds. Didn't have to be great players but solid contributors. 2006 we just totally whiffed. Lou take Tony Romano...Leo Komarov goes two picks later. Lou takes Tyler Miller...few picks later Matt Beleskey is drafted. There aren't great players, but in the past we did a great job building organizational depth from the 3rd round onward.

Thats only the tip of the iceberg!  Don't get us started: Tedenby (missed Carlson NJ native) Connor Chatam (Braden Point) the list goes on. David Conte didn't do us any favors.