The Devils Uniforms

Since1982-83

Real quick - NHL Store is doing a sale in NYC for $40 blank replica jerseys and $80 for Authentic. It's a clearance for everything making room for Addidas. I picked up 3 :) 

Then going to send them to Exclusive Pro in time for the new year! Saw a guy get a Hischier made :)

4 hours ago, HellOnICE said:

Real quick - NHL Store is doing a sale in NYC for $40 blank replica jerseys and $80 for Authentic. It's a clearance for everything making room for Addidas. I picked up 3 :) 

Then going to send them to Exclusive Pro in time for the new year! Saw a guy get a Hischier made :)

I assume they're the Indo's? That's still a good price. NHL SHOP.Com had them going for $200 just a week ago. 

16 minutes ago, nessus said:

When you're not looking at that stupid rendered model of the uniform, the new jerseys really are not bad, IMO. I'm a fan.

hall jersey.jpg

I don't think it's an "improvement" over the old design, but I do like it. If they had rolled these out as a special event/Winter Classic type jersey, that would have been cool. It already has a throwback kind of feel to it, if they did that design with a lace at the neck it would be even more old school looking, perfect for a Winter Classic where that's the look they go for. 

But I still prefer the old style, which ironically, looks less old school to me.

22 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

VlDmq.gif

Change for the better would have been fine. I think most people like the red & blacks way more than the Xmas unis. I know I do. I'm sure I'll get used to the new one eventually, but that doesn't mean I plan on buying one them any time soon. I'd rather just get a Nico player t-shirt.

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

VlDmq.gif

No fear of change here (and not liking the new jerseys does not equate to fearing change).  Hell, much as I prefer the old ones, I still think some tweaks to the new one could make it more tolerable.  But as is, hell no.  Still looks like a mix of a bad knockoff and a pajama top to me. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I don't think it's an "improvement" over the old design, but I do like it. If they had rolled these out as a special event/Winter Classic type jersey, that would have been cool. It already has a throwback kind of feel to it, if they did that design with a lace at the neck it would be even more old school looking, perfect for a Winter Classic where that's the look they go for. 

But I still prefer the old style, which ironically, looks less old school to me.

I agree.  I think 7's Favorites are still not that bad.

• Like 1

On 07/18/2017 at 2:39 PM, DevsMan84 said:

Saw this on FB and thought this was interesting.  Looks like NBA is doing away with the home/away jersey concept and instead each team will have 4 different jerseys.  New concept is that the home team gets to choose for each game one of the four designs to wear and the away team will have to pick one of their contrasting jerseys.  Basically it will be like a video game.

Pretty cool and different, but while this would probably work fine in the NBA it would most likely never work in the NHL.  Main reason is that NHL jerseys are bulkier and heavier than NBA jerseys and the NHL equipment managers would probably bitch about having to lug around 4 sets of jerseys to every away game.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/nba-away-home-road-jerseys-uniform-change/

It's better than white being standard for home. Wearing white jerseys at home makes no sense except in baseball or soccer. Why would the away team be the one presenting their colors and the home team wear a neutral color? I also don't hate the idea of a primary and secondary, and as long as two primaries don't clash, would be worn together. There's not much of a reason the Devils couldn't wear red in Dallas or Toronto (I know color blindness is an issue with certain combos, though).

3 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

It's better than white being standard for home. Wearing white jerseys at home makes no sense except in baseball or soccer. Why would the away team be the one presenting their colors and the home team wear a neutral color? I also don't hate the idea of a primary and secondary, and as long as two primaries don't clash, would be worn together. There's not much of a reason the Devils couldn't wear red in Dallas or Toronto (I know color blindness is an issue with certain combos, though).

I actually miss the whites at home.  They always looked cleaner to me and the (good) memories I have of the team always involve them wearing their whites.

Also, since the white version of the new Adizero template seems to be sharper, I wish I could see that one more in person.

I have also seen many fans who long for the days of the home team wearing white for various reasons, but one of them being they like seeing the different color palettes of the different teams that visit.  Right now at home games we always see the same red vs. white scheme.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

As a former season ticket holder, it got kinda old seeing red vs white every game.  And there is enough red around the arena and in the crowd to not lose that identity either.

3 hours ago, Crisis said:

As a former season ticket holder, it got kinda old seeing red vs white every game.  And there is enough red around the arena and in the crowd to not lose that identity either.

6 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I actually miss the whites at home.  They always looked cleaner to me and the (good) memories I have of the team always involve them wearing their whites.

Also, since the white version of the new Adizero template seems to be sharper, I wish I could see that one more in person.

I have also seen many fans who long for the days of the home team wearing white for various reasons, but one of them being they like seeing the different color palettes of the different teams that visit.  Right now at home games we always see the same red vs. white scheme.

This does make sense. I still much prefer solid colors at home, for the reasons I mentioned, but I definitely understand these points. What do you guys think of the primary/secondary idea as opposed to home/away?

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I felt like whites at home was like a more "formal" look, but it seems to me it makes more sense to wear your colors at home. "Wear your white" isn't as cool as "rock your red". 

Eh, whiteouts can be pretty cool. 

14 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

This does make sense. I still much prefer solid colors at home, for the reasons I mentioned, but I definitely understand these points. What do you guys think of the primary/secondary idea as opposed to home/away?

Eh, I think there will be times where it becomes hard to follow if both teams choose a solid color.  It happened either last year or the year before where Florida played a game on the road and both teams wore their home jerseys.  While the colors were different it was still a little bit hard to differentiate.

My idea would be where every 10 years the NHL swap out the home and away scheme.  For instance say this coming season they make home jerseys white and the away the solids, then that would be like that for the following 9 seasons after.  After that they switch again.

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Or, make the game really interesting and make both teams dress identically.

;)

Kind of on that note, former Maple Leafs owner and well-known d*ckhead Harold Ballard initially refused to comply with a mid-70s NHL mandate that all uniforms must have the players' names on the back of their jerseys (he was worried that doing so would hurt program sales)...when he was threatened with big fines, he "complied" by putting white letters on white jerseys, and blue letters on blue jerseys.  Predictably he wound up getting fined anyway, so instead of incurring more fines, he then backed down and had proper contrasting lettering applied to the jerseys.  Would love to see pics of the "same color" jerseys...that was pretty ballsy of Ballard to do that. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Kind of on that note, former Maple Leafs owner and well-known d*ckhead Harold Ballard initially refused to comply with a mid-70s NHL mandate that all uniforms must have the players' names on the back of their jerseys (he was worried that doing so would hurt program sales)...when he was threatened with big fines, he "complied" by putting white letters on white jerseys, and blue letters on blue jerseys.  Predictably he wound up getting fined anyway, so instead of incurring more fines, he then backed down and had proper contrasting lettering applied to the jerseys.  Would love to see pics of the "same color" jerseys...that was pretty ballsy of Ballard to do that. 

Yeah I heard about that too and looking at NHL Uniforms website it happened in the 77-78 season.

Ballard wasn't alone in hating the name being put on the back of the jerseys.  I believe it was the Seals who started doing that as one of the ways to help promote the team (along with wearing completely white skates).  Other teams soon followed but a lot of the owners didn't like the idea of putting names on the back as they thought that it would place the players above the team and therefore the owners would have to shell out more for the bigger names.  Ballard was really the only one who tried to fight it but it was a losing battle.