2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

1 minute ago, Mike Brown said:

I'm torn because it happened completely away from the play and was completely uneccessary, but then again, Clutterbuck sold that to high heaven.

It's just aggravating to me because you can fly through the air like a reckless fvcking idiot and smash someone into the ice head first completely away from the play and only get a minor. You can also throw a defenseless player to the ice and then while he's down start kneeing him in the back of the head multiple times threatening head or spinal injury. Not a major or an ejection. But if you slash someone above the knee and they embellish it like crazy, then hell yeah, you're ejected and it's a major. What the fvck is that? No consistency in this league.

6 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

Why do you find it ironic?  I've been preaching every year since joining this forum that following the standings day by day is not something for fans to care about.  One, what seed you are going into the playoffs means nothing under this format.  Two, there's better ways to evaluate a team other than by seeing where you are in the standings.  As I've been saying, all this team has to do is play .500 hockey the rest of the way to give themselves a good chance to make the playoffs.

I find it ironic because 99% of your posts are numbers based, and standings are numbers based and you are saying not to follow them. I’m not disagreeing, it’s just funny to me. 

I have no idea what you’ve preached about it, the last few days are the first time I noticed you doing so. 

Also, I could not care less what seed we are if we get in. All we need to do is get in. We aren’t winning a cup this year. But breaking the streak of not making it is very important for many reasons. 

15 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

Seriously though, how on earth is this a five minute major? This league is such a joke.

https://twitter.com/IslesBlog/status/962150437339222017

Not only should that not be a 5 minute penalty, Bertuzzi should have gotten 2 minutes for embellishment and an additional two minutes for being a sh!tty actor. 

21 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

It's just aggravating to me because you can fly through the air like a reckless fvcking idiot and smash someone into the ice head first completely away from the play and only get a minor. You can also throw a defenseless player to the ice and then while he's down start kneeing him in the back of the head multiple times threatening head or spinal injury. Not a major or an ejection. But if you slash someone above the knee and they embellish it like crazy, then hell yeah, you're ejected and it's a major. What the fvck is that? No consistency in this league.

All good points.  No disagreement from me.

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I find it ironic because 99% of your posts are numbers based, and standings are numbers based and you are saying not to follow them. I’m not disagreeing, it’s just funny to me. 

I have no idea what you’ve preached about it, the last few days are the first time I noticed you doing so. 

Also, I could not care less what seed we are if we get in. All we need to do is get in. We aren’t winning a cup this year. But breaking the streak of not making it is very important for many reasons. 

I mean if you say so...

33 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

So apparently we’re gonna see Seattle in the NHL sooner than later. 

Quick fun game: let’s pretend the same rules as last year apply. Who do you protect in the expansion draft? 

This game is wayyyyy tougher this year.  

I'd say:  Gibbons, Hall, Johannson, Noesen, Palmieri, Wood, Zajac - assuming Hischier, Bratt, Zacha and Coleman don't have to be kept because they're in their 1st or 2nd years (does anyone know if the rule refers to whether or not players just finished their second year, or do they have to be going into their second year?  If the latter, then we maybe in trouble with Zacha and Coleman...)

For defense, Severson, Vatanen, and Mueller.

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

This game is wayyyyy tougher this year.  

I'd say:  Gibbons, Hall, Johannson, Noesen, Palmieri, Wood, Zajac - assuming Hischier, Bratt, Zacha and Coleman don't have to be kept because they're in their 1st or 2nd years (does anyone know if the rule refers to whether or not players just finished their second year, or do they have to be going into their second year?  If the latter, then we maybe in trouble with Zacha and Coleman...)

For defense, Severson, Vatanen, and Mueller.

I'd protect the following assuming Nico, Bratt, Butcher, and Santini are exempt and don't need to be protected.

7 F's - Hall, Mojo, Palms, Wood, Zajac, Zacha, Coleman

3 D - Vatanen, Severson, Mueller (or I could be convinced to protect Moore instead). 

1 G - Cory

If the expansion draft takes place after Nico, Bratt, Butcher and Santini are no longer exempt, it becomes really difficult.

2 hours ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I'd protect the following assuming Nico, Bratt, Butcher, and Santini are exempt and don't need to be protected.

7 F's - Hall, Mojo, Palms, Wood, Zajac, Zacha, Coleman

3 D - Vatanen, Severson, Mueller (or I could be convinced to protect Moore instead). 

1 G - Cory

If the expansion draft takes place after Nico, Bratt, Butcher and Santini are no longer exempt, it becomes really difficult.

I had the same thought regarding the d-men -- it was a toss-up for me between Mueller and Moore... I opted for Mueller because we have more invested in him given the fact that we traded for him.  But I do have quite the soft spot for Moore, I think he's a huge help on the PP, and he's actually not bad in his own zone either.  I actually wish he would use his size a little bit more, because we're lacking in that department on both defense and offense, but all-in-all he's a pretty solid D-man and I'd hate to lose him.  

I figured Santini was exempt as well, but even if he isn't, as much as I'd hate to lose him for nothing too, I still wouldn't protect him over any of those other 4.  

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I had the same thought regarding the d-men -- it was a toss-up for me between Mueller and Moore... I opted for Mueller because we have more invested in him given the fact that we traded for him.  But I do have quite the soft spot for Moore, I think he's a huge help on the PP, and he's actually not bad in his own zone either.  I actually wish he would use his size a little bit more, because we're lacking in that department on both defense and offense, but all-in-all he's a pretty solid D-man and I'd hate to lose him.  

I figured Santini was exempt as well, but even if he isn't, as much as I'd hate to lose him for nothing too, I still wouldn't protect him over any of those other 4.  

Moore has come such a long way this season. I never dogged on him like some people but I didn't necessarily blame them last season. He's been super solid this year at both ends of the ice and his likable personality has started to come evident as well. I hope they keep him around.

39 minutes ago, jagknife said:

In Chicago, 4 fans were tossed after shouting racial slurs at DSP while he was in the box.

What a bunch of asshats.  Reminds me that time the n-word was trending on twitter in Boston because so many Bruins fans were tweeting about Subban.  Meanwhile his little brother was in their farm system.  Not the brightest bulbs.

• Like 4

What a bunch of asshats.  Reminds me that time the n-word was trending on twitter in Boston because so many Bruins fans were tweeting about Subban.  Meanwhile his little brother was in their farm system.  Not the brightest bulbs.

The Boston fans were tweeting all kinds of racist sh!t after Joel Ward scored that OT winner to eliminate the Bruins from the playoffs back in 2012 too.... It's disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah I’d have expected it in Boston. But Chicago?

Morons. 

I have a soft spot for Chicago as my grandpa was from there, but these are the same sports fans that put poor Steve Bartman into hiding back in 03. Not really surprised by anything they do.