2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Those hits on Staal and Vesey were pretty flagrant, and no calls made. I guess they have a conspiracy against them as well?

Nah in this case I bet some say they deserve it.

Staal has to be at the point that maybe it's just not worth it.  His bell has been rung  more than a few times.  It's unfortunate he was down a little low which made it even worse.  Vesey they yanked off the bench after getting a call from above after they put him back out there after he spent time in the room.

Edited by titans04

5 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Rags lost to the Stars 2-1. They’re 3-7-0 in their last 10. Worst in the division. 

They're 3-9-0 in their last 12 games and have been outscored 47-30, and are also 1-7-0 in their last 8 road games.  And I've brought up their brutal away-heavy schedule (after a super-favorable early sched) many times...they are going to have a hell of a time trying to pull themselves out of this thing.  Lundqvist has also cooled off a bit after an extended run of brilliance...he put up a save% of .934 from 11/8 to 1/20 (27 games).  He's cooled off lately...not sure if he has another streak like that in him...Rangers are going to need it.

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

They're 3-9-0 in their last 12 games and have been outscored 47-30, and are also 1-7-0 in their last 8 road games.  And I've brought up their brutal away-heavy schedule (after a super-favorable early sched) many times...they are going to have a hell of a time trying to pull themselves out of this thing.  Lundqvist has also cooled off a bit after an extended run of brilliance...he put up a save% of .934 from 11/8 to 1/20 (27 games).  He's cooled off lately...not sure if he has another streak like that in him...Rangers are going to need it.

He was very good last night and they totally wasted it. Rangers are kind of in this no mans land. If it's nearing the deadline and they're still 3 or so out, they may elect to take a shot at it. Maybe not add on but not subtract either. They really need to sell but I'm not convinced they will

Not selling and then them missing the playoffs would be ideal for us

Edited by '7'

If you're so inclined and want something to read at work, I did a piece on the Islanders complete ineffectiveness on the defensive side of the puck this year. A lot of Islanders fans complain about Halak and Greiss and point to them as the reason for their horrible goals against numbers, and I wanted to look into some metrics to see if they're actually the problem or not. Conclusion: they're not (well, maybe Greiss a little bit).

https://ridingpinehockey.com/2018/02/07/the-islanders-defense-is-a-problem-heres-why/

Edited by CommonDreads

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-trying-remedy-nhls-goalie-interference-controversy/

Well at least its clear that we're not the only team dealing with that sh!t

Also from that article:

"27. One of the Olympic hockey subplots will be Ilya Kovalchuk. Unlike last summer, when New Jersey held his rights, he is unrestricted this time. And, if he comes back to the NHL, it is believed his eyes are on New York."

Hope you blow out your fvcking back in the Olympics, Kovy.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2018 at 3:45 PM, '7' said:

He was very good last night and they totally wasted it. Rangers are kind of in this no mans land. If it's nearing the deadline and they're still 3 or so out, they may elect to take a shot at it. Maybe not add on but not subtract either. They really need to sell but I'm not convinced they will

Not selling and then them missing the playoffs would be ideal for us

Basically half the reporting by insiders is about the Rangers being open for business with all their big guys (Zuccarello, McDonagh, Nash). So they're rebuilding, re-tooling, what have you.

18 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Bruins are the best team playing right now, they are on fire.. so glad the rags are getting a taste on national tv..

They’re scary. Hope like hell the Devils don’t draw them if they make the playoffs. Bergeron is probably going to win a FIFTH Selke.