All purpose general trade speculation thread

Daniel

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

cue the inevitable "For the Pens it's fine but if the Devils would have done it the league would have rejected it #fvckbettman #devilsvstheworld"

3, 2,1...

1 hour ago, Anhkheg said:

IMHO, then this is typical cap circumvention and the league should not have allowed it. Gary Bettman wouldve been on Lou's case if the Devils did anything like this.

Tadaaaaaa !!!!!!!

Edited by SterioDesign

27 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

and we thought Lou was bending the rules back then.....

this is like....... next level sh!t lol 

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

cue the inevitable "For the Pens it's fine but if the Devils would have done it the league would have rejected it #fvckbettman #devilsvstheworld"

3, 2,1...

You make literally no sense

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

You make literally no sense

Interesting. Why's that?

Wasn't that something we were all super proud of that Lou was always able to find a way to push the rules in our favour and praised him for that? It was part of his genius in getting Stevens for example.

But nothing he did was ever... this complex and to the level of that deal IMO. It's not a knock on Lou. It's equivalent to say "And we thought Crosby was fast and skilled... but here's that McDavid kid now" 

And then i said SOMEONE would obviously claim something specific... and sure enough, it happened lol 

How am i not making sense here? 

Edited by SterioDesign

I don’t understand why everyone is so upset about this? It’s called being creative to fit a piece you want under your cap. Ottawa gets a 1st and a prospect, Vegas gets compensated for retaining some salary, and Pittsburgh gets their center.

Don’t crucify the Pens for getting creative here because this is perfectly legal. Get over it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Daniel said:

There were reports of Shero asking about OEL earlier this season. Chayka says he wants to sign him to an extension, but that's really just a way of saying he wouldn't be traded at the deadline.  So if you sign Carlson, you can trade for OEL where Severson is the main piece.  Don't analytics people love Severson? 

Yeah, "analytics people" is an enormous hive mind where everyone is of the exact same opinion. C'mon Daniel. 

30 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

rumours that San Jose jumped in the race too. A Hedman / Karlsson or Karlsson Burns duo would be scary to face in the playoffs

According to him we're not involved though

The Sens can’t afford to trade Karlsson to Montreal or Toronto, If they do they may as well fold the team and move to Quebec. They fight with those teams for fans anyways and are overcrowded by those markets, they can’t trade arguably the most popular player they’ve ever had to one of their biggest rivals, it’s fanbase suicide in that market.

3 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

The Sens can’t afford to trade Karlsson to Montreal or Toronto, If they do they may as well fold the team and move to Quebec. They fight with those teams for fans anyways and are overcrowded by those markets, they can’t trade arguably the most popular player they’ve ever had to one of their biggest rivals, it’s fanbase suicide in that market.

Well im 99.5% sure Karlsson wouldnt go to MTL in this case, they'd likely be the outside team like Vegas was yesterday. Maybe getting Ryan or something or retaining salary

Edited by SterioDesign

19 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

There’s broken records and then there’s SD. 

lol Hi pot meet kettle

you gonna post 45 posts in a row t'night if Kinkaid let in one goal? Of course you are. Probably all in caps too obviously, cause you gotta make sure we know you're mad typing it.

i mean... JUST in case someone doesn't know you don't like him already. Juuuuuuust in case. 

Again, i like you bud. But if you're going to call me out on something there's something going back your way.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Marshall said:

Yeah, "analytics people" is an enormous hive mind where everyone is of the exact same opinion. C'mon Daniel. 

Well, the stats say what they say, and there aren't that many to choose from.  Theoretically, that's the point of analytics; to objectively evaluate players using data rather than eye tests, reputation and the like.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Well, the stats say what they say, and there aren't that many to choose from.  Theoretically, that's the point of analytics; to objectively evaluate players using data rather than eye tests, reputation and the like.

Nobody in the online hockey stats community has any idea what Chayka thinks, he ran a stats company whose results were proprietary.  Given that they were proprietary, I think it's a safe bet that they value different things than the ones you can get for free online.

6 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Boston is a bunch of idiots: 1st, prospect, Belesky and Spooner for that chipmunk chokeartist.

Yeah, seems like a lot for a guy on 40 point pace.   I guess they really wanted to dump that Belesky contract going forward.  Is Nash even a upgrade over Spooner at this point?   This feels a lot like Ottawa spending a ton to “upgrade” from turris to Duchene...obviously to a lesser degree here 

Edited by Lateralous

Just now, Lateralous said:

Yeah, seems like a lot for a guy on 40 point pace.   I guess they really wanted to dump that Belesky contract going forward.  Still seems like overpayment 

I guess I forgot how crappy Belesky was but Spooner and a prospect and salary retained AND picks... good god.

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

Agreed.  I was actually in the process of updating my post because Spooner is pretty good.   

And Spooner is protected (RFA) this summer. I get Boston is clearly going for it, but that's a ton to give up for a guy like Nash. He's not going to be asked to be THE guy up there, but geeze....