GDT: Devils @ Boston 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

18 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

Yet at the end of the game, Johansson, who surely would've been on the ice for our 6 on 5 was in the dressing room while Marchand helped ice the game for Boston.

fvck this second rate league. No less pissed off today than I was last night.

Devs got fvcked over every which way imaginable. I am not one of these conspiracy theorists that irrationally thinks that the league and the refs is out to get their team but the last month I have no other choice but to start to turn into a conspiracy theorist that irrationally thinks that the league and the refs is out to get my team.

Edited by Antiquated Colorado Rockie

25 minutes ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

Devs got fvcked over every which way imaginable. I am not one of these conspiracy theorists that irrationally thinks that the league and the refs is out to get their team but the last month I have no other choice but to start to turn into a conspiracy theorist that thinks that the league and the refs is out to get my team.

It honestly made the rest of that game hard to watch. It's one thing to walk out of the Rock disappointed Monday night because the team didn't put forth their best effort, it's another thing to feel like sh!t because one of their best efforts of the year was robbed of any reward.

https://imgur.com/eMpU00H

Edited by Steven M.

21 minutes ago, devlman said:

Oh boy Mojo is going to be done for a long time. Shero has some extra work to do before the trade deadline now. Fck this league. Can Hynes or Shero take a fine already!!!

Seriously. Hynes should publicly tell that ref to stick his apology up his ass. 

1 minute ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Would have liked more, especially with MoJo out with a concussion, but it’s better than nothing. 

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Seriously. Hynes should publicly tell that ref to stick his apology up his ass. 

Would have liked more, especially with MoJo out with a concussion, but it’s better than nothing. 

I'll take 5 given how sh!tty and inconsistent the department is at handing out punishments. 

44 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

By the way, can we again talk about how THIS ELBOW WASN'T WORTHY OF A PENALTY?

after all the calls that went against us to that point. They should have been looking for a makeup call ffs and they miss what something that was suspension worthy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This is why I'm not knocking Hischier.  Like I've always said about him, he's held his own since Day 1 and has absolutely deserved to stay with the big club, though there's definitely been games where he looks like a boy playing among men (I don't see that as much with Bratt...doesn't mean that I think Bratt will have the better career, more just that Nico is more prone to looking a little more overwhelmed at times).  It's always good for a kid like that to see what it takes to succeed at the highest level...I'm glad he didn't spend (waste) another season chewing up the Q.

When you look at what the prognosticators had to say prior to the season, the Devils are well ahead of schedule.  And there's still other young bodies that will either be here fairly soon, or will be moved for "right now" pieces.  Even with this slump, I'll take the present over some of the "no hope and not much to look forward to" seasons of the recent past.

Agreed about Nico. I love his play but he gets dragged around a lot. Of course he'll become bigger and stronger. just for the fun of it, I looked up Tyler Seguin's stats. Rookie season he had 11 goals and 11 assists in 74 games. The next he had 67 points. First seasons are about adjustments.

Mojo might be done for good after this concussion. Speaking of concussions, if any player on the Devils has a set of nuts and not a vaginal canal I would like to see Marchand given a concussion in our next meeting with them on 2/11 at the Rock. 

Edited by slasher72

8 hours ago, titans04 said:

I think NJ has taken the softness to the extreme for the last few years, the rags have too.  Forget about the blood and broken bones they don't have to be this soft.  Some nights it's like men against boys and our two raising stars are built like boys.  

If other teams start hitting our players on a regular basis, ownership might need to install a safespace at the Rock to comfort them. 

Edited by slasher72

4 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

By the way, can we again talk about how THIS ELBOW WASN'T WORTHY OF A PENALTY?

when i watched that play after the game, missed the hit "live" as i was focused on the puck (as everyone was), missed it on the 2nd replay and in the 3rd replay. Only on the 4th replay i really saw what happened and understood why Mojo was down. So i can't really blame the refs for missing it on the spot either if i want to be fair. The announcers also thought that he caught a stick at first. 

Edited by SterioDesign

1 hour ago, Devs3cups said:

Agreed about Nico. I love his play but he gets dragged around a lot. Of course he'll become bigger and stronger. just for the fun of it, I looked up Tyler Seguin's stats. Rookie season he had 11 goals and 11 assists in 74 games. The next he had 67 points. First seasons are about adjustments.

Wow. That really puts it in perspective how well Nico is doing at such a young age. He played almost exactly half his first season as an 18 year old. And as much as it’s true he gets beat off the puck a lot and looked outmatched at times, he’s played every single game so far. Pretty damn impressive. 

• Like 1