GDT - Devils vs Flames 2/8/18

NJDfan1711

On paper, two pretty evenly matched teams.  We have one less loss than the Flames, otherwise we have identical records.  Our goal differential is +1, theirs is -1.  Doesn't get much closer than that.  The thing that's scary is they have one of the best away records in the league at 14-5-5 (second only to Boston at 15-5-4).  

Would really like to get a win in front of the home crowd again.  We're still playing good hockey.  We just need a full 60 minutes... And some good goaltending.  Kinkaid is the projected starter, we'll see if that changes before gametime.

Let's Go Devils.

10 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Is it confirmed that Krapkaid is in again...? I missed about 95% of stuff yesterday and most stuff is blocked at work.

Nothing I can find. I was just going off what 1711 said. It really would make sense to start Lack. He was unhappy with the Flames not giving him starts (so added motivation to beat them), Kinkaid has started 4 in a row, and got pulled last game. 

Edited by Nicomo

20 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

And Kinkaid is in the starters net, (in addition to Mueller being the extra defenseman, meaning more Lovejoy emoji849.png), so Hynes confirms he's a fvcking moron: https://mobile.twitter.com/amandacstein/status/961625313682784256

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rather someone else get pulled for LJ than MM....but I'm not sending myself off the deep end again

I'd rather someone else get pulled for LJ than MM....but I'm not sending myself off the deep end again

Hynes just makes me wanna bang my head against a wall with some his decisions. It's asinine to me that Kinkaid is playing, to say nothing of the idiotic decision to sit Mueller for Lovejoy. I've said it before, but this guy won't be the coach when this team is ready to compete for a Cup.

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Hynes just makes me wanna bang my head against a wall with some his decisions. It's asinine to me that Kinkaid is playing, to say nothing of the idiotic decision to sit Mueller for Lovejoy. I've said it before, but this guy won't be the coach when this team is ready to compete for a Cup.

You know he's going to spoon-feed the media a "we're looking for KK to have a bounceback game" at his presser this afternoon. That will make me want to puke. He waited too damn long to give KK the hook Tuesday in a game we should have had and now trots him out like a prized pony when we have a very capable and obviously motivated replacement for him wearing a baseball cap yet again.

I predict KK gives up his usual softy, this time it comes within 90 seconds of puck drop, we all freak out by the time he gives up another pair by the end of the first.

You know he's going to spoon-feed the media a "we're looking for KK to have a bounceback game" at his presser this afternoon. That will make me want to puke. He waited too damn long to give KK the hook Tuesday in a game we should have had and now trots him out like a prized pony when we have a very capable and obviously motivated replacement for him wearing a baseball cap yet again.
I predict KK gives up his usual softy, this time it comes within 90 seconds of puck drop, we all freak out by the time he gives up another pair by the end of the first.

Yep. And when Kinkaid gets lit the fvck up again tonight and we lose, that bald fvcktard will be the first person I point the finger at.

I'm with the crowd that wants Lack to start tonight in place of Kinkaid, that would have made too much sense.

Will be interesting to see how Quennville looks this time around. LGD

Edited by Antiquated Colorado Rockie
  • Like 3

Man, I didn't realize how much hate there is for Hynes around here.  I don't think he's going to win a Jack Adams award anytime soon, but I don't really think he's made too many terrible decisions.  I don't agree with his every move, but honestly, Kinkaid back in the net tonight isn't a surprise at all.  Not saying I wouldn't like to see what Lack can do with a full 60 minutes - my stance on that is the same as it was when we gave Appleby a look - but Kinkaid has the most experience, and when your starter goes down, it's only natural that you give your backup a chance to shine.  You could make that argument that we know what Kinkaid is by now and it's worth giving Lack a chance, to see if he gives us a better shot to win, but it is what it is.  Hynes is more or less following standard operating procedure.  Think about it, if he puts Lack in, and he gets lit up for 5 or 6 goals (not impossible, considering what happened to douche Lundqvist yesterday), he'd be nailed to the cross and we'd all be saying why the fvck did you put in a 3rd string goalie when points are at a premium this time of year.  I know KK doesn't have too many fans around here, but let's try to stand behind him.  

Oh yeah, and really happy to see Quennville in tonight.  I hope he gets a point.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Man, I didn't realize how much hate there is for Hynes around here.  I don't think he's going to win a Jack Adams award anytime soon, but I don't really think he's made too many terrible decisions.  I don't agree with his every move, but honestly, Kinkaid back in the net tonight isn't a surprise at all.  Not saying I wouldn't like to see what Lack can do with a full 60 minutes - my stance on that is the same as it was when we gave Appleby a look - but Kinkaid has the most experience, and when your starter goes down, it's only natural that you give your backup a chance to shine.  You could make that argument that we know what Kinkaid is by now and it's worth giving Lack a chance, to see if he gives us a better shot to win, but it is what it is.  Hynes is more or less following standard operating procedure.  Think about it, if he puts Lack in, and he gets lit up for 5 or 6 goals (not impossible, considering what happened to douche Lundqvist yesterday), he'd be nailed to the cross and we'd all be saying why the fvck did you put in a 3rd string goalie when points are at a premium this time of year.  I know KK doesn't have too many fans around here, but let's try to stand behind him.  

Oh yeah, and really happy to see Quennville in tonight.  I hope he gets a point.

KK is, as everyone is in agreement, a backup, no one is really looking for him to put up starters numbers and understandably so. However, after 4 games, including one horrendous period in the last one, even a regular starter would be understandably given a game off. Lack is the more experienced goalie at the NHL level, and its not even close [141 appearances to KK's 87, almost 3000 minutes difference] so that argument is completely out the window. Lack gave us his best to stay in the game vs Ottawa but a 3 goal hole is really hard to overcome, regardless of the opponent. Lack should have been in net tonight if not for anything other than a chance of pace and if he gives up 3 in the first, then pull him and not wait for the 4th to be potted.

What irked me second most other than the assault in the Ott game was that KKs rebound control was abysmal in the first and got worse starting the second and you knew that 4th was only a matter of time. It didn't outright cost us the game, but Hynes trying to stick with him was a contributing factor.

That is why I wanted Lack tonight on top of his clear motivation to give it to the team that crapped on him.

38 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I think you're conflating disagreement with hate. I don't think many people here hate Hynes, especially with how good he did with the team early on. We are still free to disagree with his lineups/how he handles the young kids at times. 

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

KK is, as everyone is in agreement, a backup, no one is really looking for him to put up starters numbers and understandably so. However, after 4 games, including one horrendous period in the last one, even a regular starter would be understandably given a game off. Lack is the more experienced goalie at the NHL level, and its not even close [141 appearances to KK's 87, almost 3000 minutes difference] so that argument is completely out the window. Lack gave us his best to stay in the game vs Ottawa but a 3 goal hole is really hard to overcome, regardless of the opponent. Lack should have been in net tonight if not for anything other than a chance of pace and if he gives up 3 in the first, then pull him and not wait for the 4th to be potted.

What irked me second most other than the assault in the Ott game was that KKs rebound control was abysmal in the first and got worse starting the second and you knew that 4th was only a matter of time. It didn't outright cost us the game, but Hynes trying to stick with him was a contributing factor.

That is why I wanted Lack tonight on top of his clear motivation to give it to the team that crapped on him.

Pretty much this. Players always rise to the occasion against old teams(shades of Wedge going full Hasek on us). Giving a player a nod to play his old team that sent him away is kind of a unwritten courtesy as well. With Kink playing like poo you'd think Hynes would have given Lack the start. That's all. #nohateforhynes