GDT: Devils @ Carolina 5:00 PM

MadDog2020

What a difference a week makes, eh? Four big wins against three good teams, with three being on the road. 

Gotta hand it to Lack and Kinkaid. We probably didn't deserve any points in either of these games based on how we played. I guess this team was owed a few godly goaltending performances based on the past month. Nice to see Nico and Zacha stepping up. I don't think Zacha is playing as well as he was a few games ago, but getting goals in consecutive games will certainly boost his confidence. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

New NJDevs drinking game: every time Sterio plays Devils Advocate for the 3rd time in the thread, everyone drinks. 

You cant compare Hall’s season to any of the best seasons by a Devil. He’s doing it with absolutely zero help. I wonder if there’s ever been a point disparity between #1 and #2 on a team that’s this significant in the modern NHL?

Well in general when nobody plays devils advocate to look at all angles and challenge popular beliefs then you get a group feeding on confirmation bias that believes there's a conspiracy or wtv against their team for example. That's not healthy for anyone involved lol

Now you can bet if he doesn't win the Hart. Whoever won could have a very very very solid case but a bunch of fans here wouldn't even want to hear it or try to understand. They'd just play the victim card "He didn't win cause he's a NJ Devils player". We all know that.

That being said i mostly never agree with the awards winners cause it seems like common sense is never applied.

And also i do agree that Hall is having an amazing season with much less help than previous guys. Bringing up other examples is not arguing against that fact, only putting it in perspective.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Now you can bet if he doesn't win the Hart. Whoever won could have a very very very solid case but a bunch of fans here wouldn't even want to hear it or try to understand. They'd just play the victim card "He didn't win cause he's a NJ Devils player". We all know that.

That is definitely going to happen. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That is definitely going to happen. 

I mean first of all fvck those awards for the most part.

When guys are winning the Norris for "best overall dman" without being used on the PK, used to protect leads late in the game or being sent out on defensive zone faceoffs. Eat my ass NHL. Since when is the norris for "best offensive dman"? Yeah common sense doesn't always apply, it's a popularity contest.

I could very well see Kucherov winning it and people being... mmm... yeah he was good but his team would have been decent with Stamkos too... 

By definition of the Hart, Hall should 100% be nominated at the very least. 

And to be honest i can't think of a better story for the NHL. Former first overall pick who never saw NHL playoffs action ever, got traded from a sh!t team to another, had a down season, had big talk with his GM about his potential and then had the best season of his career and literally carried his team to the playoffs. 

There's literally no better stories out there for the Hart.

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m on vacation so I missed the game. I DVR’ed it, but realized I don’t have time to watch. 

So I read the game recap, and can I get a Hell Yeah for Taylor and Nico for keeping things rolling in the right direction. 

Hell yeah.

2 hours ago, Derlique said:

What a difference a week makes, eh? Four big wins against three good teams, with three being on the road. 

Gotta hand it to Lack and Kinkaid. We probably didn't deserve any points in either of these games based on how we played. I guess this team was owed a few godly goaltending performances based on the past month. Nice to see Nico and Zacha stepping up. I don't think Zacha is playing as well as he was a few games ago, but getting goals in consecutive games will certainly boost his confidence. 

Pretty much agree with all of this, except I think Zacha is still playing well, though I haven't watched him as closely lately. 

Its also hard to compare cause Hall is a completely different player than guys like Elias, Kovy and Parise.

Just like i was with Parise though i'm a bit worried about the long term as Hall needs his speed and to be going 100% all the time in order to produce. And we were right about Zach as he's declining hard already

While Elias even slowed down was effective cause his hockey IQ was so high. And kovy could score from anywhereone in the o-zone with his shot, he wouldn't even have to be moving. He could score half his goals on the PP standing on the left side, just like Stamkos. Kind of like Sykora in 2012. Slow as sh!t but still scored 21 goals cause his shot was deadly.

Edited by SterioDesign

4 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Its also hard to compare cause Hall is a completely different player than guys like Elias, Kovy and Parise.

Just like i was with Parise though i'm a bit worried about the long term as Hall needs his speed and to be going 100% all the time in order to produce. And we were right about Zach as he's declining hard already

While Elias even slowed down was effective cause his hockey IQ was so high. And kovy could score from anywhereone in the o-zone with his shot, he wouldn't even have to be moving. He could score half his goals on the PP standing on the left side, just like Stamkos. Kind of like Sykora in 2012. Slow as sh!t but still scored 21 goals cause his shot was deadly.

Hall can still be quick in the long run. I feel Parise was way more gritty than Hall, and went to the dirty areas more. He was also less skilled. Most of Zach's goals were gritty and hard fought goals, Hall has that aspect but is more of a finesse player. Hall will last longer than Zach at a good level imo

• Like 1