GDT: Devils vs. Isles, 3/31/18, 7:00 pm

mfitz804

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

I thought the games were pretty close this year no? Either way I don't care who we play. 

The Devils actually outshot the Bruins by like 40 shots combined in the three games, but sh!tty goaltending by Cory/Lack, great goaltending from the Bruins and some fluky sh!t like 0-7 on the PP with two SH goals given up in one game leads to 0-2-1.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

If you didn't actually go to Villanova I have a FIRE MIKEPELUSO8 waiting for you lol

huh? 

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Seriously. Who chooses basketball over hockey?

A Villanova alum.  Sorry, I actually have a bachelor's degree from somewhere other than Rutgers/Monmouth/Willy P/Rider/Rowan/Ramapo....kill me.

47 minutes ago, titans04 said:

You're being sent to the @MadDog2020 school of how to post Twitter links correctly.... You should be able to click the top right corner of a tweet and click copy url and when you paste it here it will embed the tweet.  

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I feel like we don't acknowledge Will Butcher enough. He just tied the Devils franchise record for points by a rookie defensman with 42. 

Who’d he tie? I know has already has more points than Niedermayer or Rafalski in their rookie seasons. And he just broke the franchise record for assists by a rookie defenseman (going all the way back to Colorado). 

20 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Who’d he tie? I know has already has more points than Niedermayer or Rafalski in their rookie seasons. And he just broke the franchise record for assists by a rookie defenseman (going all the way back to Colorado). 

Viacheslav Fetisov, who was about 10 years older than Butcher in his rookie season.

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, if we include the Rockies, I guess the title still goes to Barry Beck who had 60 points in his rookie season in 1977-78. So Butcher is first in Devils history, second in franchise history. But yeah, Butcher has the assists total for the franchise.

• Like 1