2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

LittleBallofHate

20 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Lol @ your entire post.  I stand by my comments.  4 winners in 10 years is enough said.

plus weren't you one one of the people on here who was crying the most about Vegas getting a team?

I absolutely was, and the two have nothing to do with each other. I'm not pulling for the franchise to succeed, they're just the best illustration of my point that's commonly accepted as fact by everyone from coaches, players, to league management, and the media. I didn't make it up, Bettman and his cronies did when they designed the league to accomplish exactly this.

Sometimes I think your head is so far up your ass, I don't know how you manage to breathe.

Edited by thecoffeecake

Re Vegas, it's not as unprecedented as it sounds.  The Carolina Panthers had a respectable first season and got a first round bye in their second season.  The Jaguars were 9-7 in their second year, both very impressive for an NFL team, especially considering that neither lucked into a Peyton Manning QB in their inaugural year.

If anything, the Vegas model could very well be followed by other leagues in order to charge a higher expansion fee. 

I think what teams have learned is really to not get too cute with all the side deals that have ended up blowing up in a lot of teams' faces.  Just protect who you're going to protect and bite the bullet with losing a decent player.  That said, I still don't want to Vegas to win the Cup just because, but I won't lose my sh!t if it happens.

And relatedly, I stopped following him because his political rants became intolerable, but has Wyshinski somehow tried to tie Vegas's Cup run to gun control?  If they win the Cup, dollars to donuts says he does.

15 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

I absolutely was, and the two have nothing to do with each other. I'm not pulling for the franchise to succeed, they're just the best illustration of my point that's commonly accepted as fact by everyone from coaches, players, to league management, and the media. I didn't make it up, Bettman and his cronies did when they designed the league to accomplish exactly this.

Sometimes I think your head is so far up your ass, I don't know how you manage to breathe.

Lol you're too cute.