GDT: Game 2 - Devils at Lightning - 14 April @ 3pm Eastern

jagknife

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

I have never even seen that dude post here before. Besides, just one dude being a 7/Daniel/MikeP who we never take seriously anyway. I'm a fan. The game is still turned on on my TV. No one who has any emotional intelligence/sense of reason has completely given up yet. I'm honestly upset, but I'm not mad. I was much more animated leading up to the playoffs. Now that they got here I've accepted this is all bonus hockey. They're ahead of the curve. 

Where are these guys during the games anyway? They only seem to show up when we lose.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I’m just saying that there are no future guarantees in hockey.

Look at the Sabres. They tanked to get high draft picks, only to continue tanking.

You do know that this season was just the beginning of many good years to come right ?.... The sky isn't falling and the Devils will lift the cup again in the near future.

2 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

He said I’m the only one losing his sh!t. I told him that his reading comprehension is even worse than I thought.

people can vent without trashing their young team. Players like Greene? Yea. Fine. 

Being embarrassed? fvck that.

You’re too much. I’ve seen you say some truly ridiculous things during meaningless regular season games but someone saying they embarrassed about a second 5 goal game in the National spotlight is over the line? Please. 

• Like 3

Just now, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Ray shero has cut people before their contract was due before. DSP just last year, yea?

Maybe. Boyle signed his 2 year deal last summer. He'll be making 2.5 mil next year, so it would cost that or close to that to buy him out I believe (I'm honestly not too sure about buyout rules). Smith-Pelley had a 1.3 mil cap hit when he got bought out. No doubt he stays in my mind. I'd rather he bought out Greene. But hey, who knows, Shero is unpredictable. 

2 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I must have missed Buffalo’s last-to-first playoff push.

They’re almost definitely Rangers fans.

Again, I am just saying it’s no guarantee the Devils will be back in the playoffs. 

I know they are learning on the fly here.

No big surprise at all they are losing to Tampa. Just wanna see a higher compete level.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

So I have no idea why you think I’m talking about you. Read all of the posts before mine. 

Venting is great. I vent plenty on here. I don’t say I’m embarrassed about my team. 

I never said you were talking about me specifically, but you posted on the board so I replied. The Devils winning the series is a stretch. They're the underdog for sure. I think plenty of people here, myself included, thought that even if they lost they'd make Tampa work a little harder for it. Up until now they haven't. They've played stretches where they are practically handing it away. That is what is embarrassing. No one is embarrassed of the team, anyone with half a brain here is proud the team made it this far.

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 3

Just now, njbuff said:

One thing is for certain though............

Greene and Boyle need to be in reduced roles going forward.

That much is apparent.

Grabner will be gone, unless a minor miracle happens and he starts scoring goals.

Reduced role? Greene should be bought out ASAP. 

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

One thing is for certain though............

Greene and Boyle need to be in reduced roles going forward.

That much is apparent.

Grabner will be gone, unless a minor miracle happens and he starts scoring goals.

Andy Greene needs to hang up the skates, he isn't an NHL hockey player anymore. Outside of a handful of games, he was a hindrance more than he helped.

Force his old, useless ass to retire, give him a role in Siberia or Mystery, Alaska and get him the fvck away from the New Jersey Devils. I'm done with him.

I'd rather toss Santini or Severson out there, let them get some playoff experience, but fvck Andy Greene.

Edited by jagknife

2 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

I still think jvr and Carlson would be a good step for us.  I would pass on jt. we already have our number 1 

JVR would be nice. Not so sure about Carlson, but he'd surely be better than Greene lol. I'm confident Shero will lat least try to get Tavares.

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Andy Greene needs to hang up the skates, he isn't an NHL hockey player anymore. Outside of a handful of games, he was a hindrance more than he helped.

Force his old, useless ass to retire, give him a role in Siberia or Mystery, Alaska and get him the fvck away from the New Jersey Devils. I'm done with him.

I'd rather toss Santini or Severson out there, let them get some playoff experience, but fvck Andy Greene.

I'd take Santini before Greene. No doubt,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

It is actually quite sad to having seen Greene fall off so drastically and quickly. He was our unsung hero for so long, but now he is a liability and unfortunately expectations for him are high because he has the C on his jersey. His time is clearly done. Time to hand the C over to Hall.

Just now, Aznjsn said:

It is actually quite sad to having seen Greene fall off so drastically and quickly. He was our unsung hero for so long, but now he is a liability and unfortunately expectations for him are high because he has the C on his jersey. His time is clearly done. Time to hand the C over to Hall.

It's insane. I don,t think I've ever seen a Devils player drop this drastically in 1 season. It really is puzzling.

11 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Again, I am just saying it’s no guarantee the Devils will be back in the playoffs. 

I know they are learning on the fly here.

No big surprise at all they are losing to Tampa. Just wanna see a higher compete level.

Exactly. They haven't played with any heart or fire. If they weren't better than this I wouldn't be upset.