GDT: Game 2 - Devils at Lightning - 14 April @ 3pm Eastern

jagknife

This is really, really tough to watch. 

The annoying thing is we all know this team is much, much better than they are showing. They are just shooting themselves in the foot right now. 

Tampa still needs to get to four. Not giving up yet. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PeteTesta said:

We still don’t have a number 1 dman.   It’s been a problem since Stevens/Niedermayer retired/left.   Vatanen literally scored on Kinkaid after two chances at the puck. 

Vatanen has been excellent since he became a Devil. It’s one bad play. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PeteTesta said:

We still don’t have a number 1 dman.   It’s been a problem since Stevens/Niedermayer retired/left.   Vatanen literally scored on Kinkaid after two chances at the puck. 

Good call. We should just pick another Hall of Famer off of the Hall of Famer tree. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I bet you Florida is kicking themselves for blowing points to Ottawa.

The Panthers probably think they’d put up a better fight than the Devils.

It is what it is.

Literally who the fvck cares what Panthers fans are thinking lol

• Like 1

Just now, thecoffeecake said:

fvck you. We saw this team compete with the best and now they're rolling over like a fvcking dog. No fight, no compete, nothing. We beat this team 3 times this year. This isn't a talent disparity issue, this is an a$$holes like you having zero expectations issue. 

Playoffs are completely different.

Tampa Bay was ready from the start of this series, Devils still haven’t shown up.

1 minute ago, thecoffeecake said:

fvck you. We saw this team compete with the best and now they're rolling over like a fvcking dog. No fight, no compete, nothing. We beat this team 3 times this year. This isn't a talent disparity issue, this is an a$$holes like you having zero expectations issue. 

You think there’s no talent disparity between the Devils and Lightning??? 

200.gif

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

Do we have to remind you all that we're playing the cup favorites here?

fvcks sake, get a grip.

Ok everyone, DF over here thinks there's no compete level necessary because we're underdogs.

This isn't the NCAA tourney. This is bad and everyone knows it. 

2 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

Or it's people like you with unrealistic expectations of a young team. We aren't gonna go from last to destroying cup favorites in one season. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I bet you Florida is kicking themselves for blowing points to Ottawa.

The Panthers probably think they’d put up a better fight than the Devils.

It is what it is.

Who cares what fans of that loser franchise thinks?

Just now, Devs3cups said:

Kinkaid has been EXCELLENT with us. sh!t plays happen. He's the least of my concerns.

I wasn’t blaming Kinkaid. He is inadequately supported by a defensive cast that are not top calibre.  Lovejoy, Vatanen, Greene, Mueller, Moore, Severson — all of them are varying shades of secondary defensemen.   Butcher might be a top guy but he’s too young to say that yet. 

3 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

They can't figure out the difference between playoffs and the season. Slow and thinking too much. Hynes has no experience either. It's all about the balls.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PeteTesta said:

I wasn’t blaming Kinkaid. He is inadequately supported by a defensive cast that are not top calibre.  Lovejoy, Vatanen, Greene, Mueller, Moore, Severson — all of them are varying shades of secondary defensemen.   Butcher might be a top guy but he’s too young to say that yet. 

I know, you were talking about Vatanen. I edited my post. Gord Miller was talking about Kinkaid when I was writting my post and I got confused lol. Just replace Kinkaid with Vatanen in my original post.

Edited by Devs3cups