2018 Offseason Thread

LittleBallofHate

2 hours ago, Crisis said:

FWIW, here's the reddit thread listing the confirmed injuries for the Penguins.  Nothing on Letang so maybe he was just that bad.

1. Former Ranger, hurt his douche muscle.

2. Doughnut Deficiency Disorder. 

3. Labia

4. & 5. You have another.

6. Dirty hit

7. Doesn't anyone with a jaw have a "potentially broken jaw"? 50% probability. Also see #1.

8. Does anyone else laugh every time they see or read "Hornqvist"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

In that photo, he looks like he just got his first job at PwC in manhattan out of college and wears glasses to be ~edgy~. 

He looks like he fully understands Corsi and low danger shot statistics. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Let's talk offense for a second: if we miss out on Tavares, which is a pretty good probability, would anyone here want to take a swing at: James Neal, Paul Statsny, or Evander Kane?  

If you could get Kane on the relatively cheap, I’d take a chance on him.  No use for the other two guys.  They don’t make our forward group appreciably better.

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If you could get Kane on the relatively cheap, I’d take a chance on him.  No use for the other two guys.  They don’t make our forward group appreciably better.

How cheap are you thinking?  UFAs generally aren't inexpensive.

10 minutes ago, Crisis said:

How cheap are you thinking?  UFAs generally aren't inexpensive.

Four years or less and an AAV of $4 million or less.  Or maybe a one year prove it.

Teams might be scared off by his supposed attitude issues, which makes this plausible.

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Agreed. I don’t think you are getting either for the $4m a year figure noted above though. 

Kane is a possibility due to his "issues" but hard for Stastny to get that figure, especially after the playoffs he is having.  Would I take Stastny at $6M+ a year?  Not really sure but leaning towards no.  $7M+ is a hard no.

4 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Kane is a possibility due to his "issues" but hard for Stastny to get that figure, especially after the playoffs he is having.  Would I take Stastny at $6M+ a year?  Not really sure but leaning towards no.  $7M+ is a hard no.

I think Kane's playoff performance also bumped up his value a little. I don't think its crazy that someone will give him 5 or 6 per.

I hope Neal stays in Vegas just cause.

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

29 goals, 25 assists (career high in goals, 2nd highest year in assists) and he made $6M this year. I really doubt he's taking a $2M a year salary cut having had a nice season like that. The playoffs were rough though, no doubt. 

If he's available at $4m a year, I would sign him. Especially if Maroon winds up elsewhere and we need some size. 

Stastny is a different story, he has not been where I thought he would be the last few seasons, but he is having an outstanding playoffs. He's definitely not available at $4m per. 

Just now, jagknife said:

Are people against Stastny because of age or is it just the cap hit? He's currently making $7.5 with a $7 hit, Yeah that's a little high for us, but just wondering.

That's part of it.  He seems like a much more expensive but not quite as good Palmieri really and I'd rather have Palmieri anyways.

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

29 goals, 25 assists (career high in goals, 2nd highest year in assists) and he made $6M this year. I really doubt he's taking a $2M a year salary cut having had a nice season like that. The playoffs were rough though, no doubt. 

If he's available at $4m a year, I would sign him. Especially if Maroon winds up elsewhere and we need some size. 

Stastny is a different story, he has not been where I thought he would be the last few seasons, but he is having an outstanding playoffs. He's definitely not available at $4m per. 

True.  Would you be ok with Kane at $7M per?  I'm not sure if I would.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Are people against Stastny because of age or is it just the cap hit? He's currently making $7.5 with a $7 hit, Yeah that's a little high for us, but just wondering.

He's a 40-50 point guy the last 4-5 years. I would hesitate to pay him $7.5m with that kind of production. If he could be had for $5m per for 3 years, I'm in the conversation. He's still got something left, it appears. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

True.  Would you be ok with Kane at $7M per?  I'm not sure if I would.

No, I don't think I would be either. I'm just saying he's not going to be available at $4M per. Let's also add, he's 26 and coming off a career year of sorts. He's going to be looking for a long term deal. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

No, I don't think I would be either. I'm just saying he's not going to be available at $4M per. Let's also add, he's 26 and coming off a career year of sorts. He's going to be looking for a long term deal. 

I think $4M is a bit low too, but I think some of his personal issues might make the market a little soft for him, production or not.  I think he is getting around $6-7M

I love Kane, have wanted him here for 3 years, but $7+mill per is a little steep for me when we know we are going to have to pay Hall soon, I'dreally have to look at the cap & the current salaries before I say yes, but I'm leaning towards no, 5 or 6 mill I'd do...