Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

GDT: Stars @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+

"A player or goaltender intentionally shoots or throws the puck out of the playing area"

That was 100% a penalty

If you guys can't admit or see that Hall CLEARLY shot the puck in the bench there. You're wearing school bus size blinders lol I mean... why would he make that shot otherwise? Was not a pass, not a clear, not a dump in the offensive zone etc 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

Seriously I'm completely confused.  That's never been a penalty... like, the goalie can clear the puck around into the bench and it's not a penalty.

lol @ the NHL.  Officiating is completely inconsistent as usual.

No intentional out of play has always been a penalty back after the lockout it was unintentional that was made an automatic penalty.

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

"A player or goaltender intentionally shoots or throws the puck out of the playing area"

That was 100% a penalty

So the difference between this and the 47 times a puck ends up in the bench is a judgement call? 

Have you played hockey? You know how frequently a puck can catch an edge? 

I have never seen that called before in my life.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

63.2 Minor Penalty - A minor penalty shall be imposed on any player, including the goalkeeper, who holds, freezes or plays the puck with his stick, skates or body in such a manner as to deliberately cause a stoppage of play. With regard to a goalkeeper, this rule applies outside of his goal crease area. A minor penalty for delay of game shall be imposed on any player who deliberately shoots or bats (using his hand or his stick) the puck outside the playing area (from anywhere on the ice surface) during the play or after a stoppage of play. 

This follows the passage you posted:

When any player shoots or bats (using his hand or his stick) the puck directly (non-deflected) out of the playing surface from his defending zone, except where there is no glass, a penalty shall be assessed for delaying the game.

So it shouldn't be a penalty if it's on the bench??

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

That was 100% a penalty

If you guys can't admit or see that Hall CLEARLY shot the puck in the bench there. You're wearing school bus size blinders lol I mean... why would he make that shot otherwise? Was not a pass, not a clear, not a dumb in the offensive zone etc 

There's "by the book" and then there's "practical application".  I've seen the puck cleared into the bench tons.. I mean it's got to be dozens if not hundreds of times.. without it being a penalty.

It's just not called.  Maybe the official thought Hall was being too cute here, but it just seems like a pretty nitpicky call imo.

Edited by Devilsfan118

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

There's "by the book" and then there's "practical application".  I've seen the puck cleared into the bench tons.. I mean it's got to be dozens if not hundreds of times.. without it being a penalty.

It's just not called.  Maybe the official thought Hall was being too cute here, but it just seems like a pretty nitpicky call imo.

It’s absolutely a nitpicky call. It’s like telling the teacher she forgot to assign homework. It’s a call a ref makes when he wants you to know he’s a fvcking dickhead, just so you know he won’t hesitate to fvck you over at any given time if you get too cute with sh!t. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

So the difference between this and the 47 times a puck ends up in the bench is a judgement call? 

Have you played hockey? You know how frequently a puck can catch an edge? 

I have never seen that called before in my life.

The intention is the difference here. He was in full possession with no pressure and clearly lobbed the puck toward the bench... and even if the puck skipped or wtv and missed his shot... i don't see a logical play he could have done there that he could have been attempting... was obviously not a pass...  or else he would have kept it on the ice to keep possession. 

He wanted to end the play to get a longer 5 on 3. Thats it. No biggie. There's no conspiracy against the devils. let's move on.

And yes i played hockey

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

The intention is the difference here. He was in full possession with no pressure and clearly lobbed the puck toward the bench... and even if the puck skipped or wtv and missed his shot... i don't see a logical play he could have done there that he could have been attempted there... was obviously not a pass...  or else he would have kept it on the ice to keep possession. 

He wanted to end the play to get a longer 5 on 3. Thats it. No biggie. There's no conspiracy against the devils. let's move on.

And yes i played hockey

DUDE WTF HAVE YOU EVEN PLAYED HO...oh....

• Haha 1

I hope Hall has some of that Malkin type of anger where he starts playing like a madman. Hall is not happy tonight.

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Yes i played hockey. I was even coached by the man coaching our goalies at the moment. So let's put that to rest lol 

Just now, SterioDesign said:

The intention is the difference here. He was in full possession with no pressure and clearly lobbed the puck toward the bench... and even if the puck skipped or wtv and missed his shot... i don't see a logical play he could have done there that he could have been attempted there... was obviously not a pass...  or else he would have kept it on the ice to keep possession. 

And yes i played hockey

No one said there was a conspiracy against the Devils. The fact is, it was a nitpicky call a ref makes when he wants to be a fvcking douche for the sake of being a douche. It’s an ‘I’m in charge, and I’m reminding you of it’ call, like writing someone a speeding ticket for going 66 in a 65. It’s a call Jeremy Piven from Old School would make.

• Like 1

Yes i played hockey. I was even coached by the man coaching our goalies at the moment. So let's put that to rest lol 

Yea well this one time I played open hockey with this dude who played with John Carlson when he was a kid. So yea,....take that.

• Haha 1

Hall has 3 points in 3 games so far and has had good looks. People need to chill hahaha

Edit : 4 in 4, forgot he had a point tonight

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Aitchmack said:

It's really not happening for Hall yet this season. 

4 points in 4 games. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

It's really not happening for Hall yet this season. 

I kind of agree but he's still got 4 points in 4 games lol.

Imagine when he gets it going.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

No one said there was a conspiracy against the Devils. The fact is, it was a nitpicky call a ref makes when he wants to be a fvcking douche for the sake of being a douche. It’s an ‘I’m in charge, and I’m reminding you of it’ call, like writing someone a speeding ticket for going 66 in a 65. It’s a call Jeremy Piven from Old School would make.

Well it's not as if you don't have a reputation for bitching after calls against us or anything lol 

Good period by the Devils.  I like the effort and pace so far.  Palms is killing it - maybe he wants to go for Hall's point streak from last year? :D

I knew about the rule of intentionally shooting the puck out of play, and surprised so many people here didn't.  Also surprised Hall didn't either lol.  I can't fault him though, I know what his idea was.  Oh well.

Let's keep it up in the second and play the same way.

8 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

You fookin boomed me 

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Well it's not as if you don't have a reputation for bitching after calls against us or anything lol 

We have made it 4 games into the season and you’re already back to pretending you wear a badge. Aw, man. 

• Like 3