GDT: Road Trip from Hell, Part 7 - Devils @ Jets

jagknife

Can someone find some plutonium so that the 1983-84 Devils can climb back into their DeLorean and head back to 1984 already?  I'm really getting sick of watching them in 2018. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

At this rate we’re going to be discussing the draft by Christmas.

I want to see how they do, in that they can hold a bunch of home practices starting tomorrow.  I'm REALLY hoping that helps. 

Cory is really turning into the Devils' Sad Sack.  No, it's not all his fault, but he seems to have become one of those guys that's just guaranteed to have everything go wrong...damned near out of nowhere, considering the majority of his prior track record.  He finished up last season with an .862 save over his last 12 games, and it's not looking any better this year (to be fair, he did play well in the playoffs, but not sure how relevant that is now).  I have no idea what the Devils are supposed to do about him.  KK is the kind of player who's probably going to be exposed with too many starts, and it's not like Blackwood or Lack fill anyone with confidence. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I am 100% guilty of anointing Cory as the savior of the Devils when he arrived. Now, I don’t even know what the hell to freaking think.

You know, his legacy is going to be that he's the guy that kept the devil's from truly bottoming out when they absolutely needed to.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I am 100% guilty of anointing Cory as the savior of the Devils when he arrived. Now, I don’t even know what the hell to freaking think.

His first three Devil seasons were quite good...he was just stuck on bad teams.  2016-17 was an off-year.  2017 started so strong for him...and it seems like that guy has just completely disappeared...it's bad play one minute, rotten luck the next. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like 2

Hard to believe how badly that trip went.  That was sickeningly, depressingly, infuriatingly putrid.  Penguins have to be wondering how the hell the Devils beat them. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jagknife said:

It’s okay. Lou and Conte would have somehow fvcked that up if they had bottomed out

And while Zacha is struggling to find his offensive game in the AHL, Barzal has become...well, you know the rest. I wish someone could have punched Conte in the stomach for that draft blunder.