Taylor Hall to AZ, 1st Rnd pick, 3rd Rnd Conditonal Pick, Bahl and 2 Prospects.Dvs Retain 50% salary

Derlique

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s my exact point. You can’t take a guy’s word for it.  He’s supposed to say that he loves it here. There’s no way to know if that’s the truth, or just saying what people want him to say.

People throw things out there like they feel it based on “his words and his actions”. But really, they are just pulling it out of their ass.

To a point, yes. But when you follow a guy for years you can get a feel for his semblance of truth and whether he’s just feeding people bullsh!t or not. There’s a sense of validity in that. Put it this way- if someone says they really like a place and said place is nice and very promising, then there’s more reason to believe him than assume he’s trying to lie straight-faced to the world in some manipulative scheme. It’s still speculation but at least based on a reasonable assumption.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That's 100% speculation on your part, unless there's some specific interview where he said he's OK with a long term plan that I am unaware of. 

You aren't basing that on anything, that's my point. What you believe is irrelevant, and just as uninformed as that dumbass who wrote the article, unless there's something backing up. Otherwise, you're just speculating, which is fine to do as well. that's why I am asking for hard evidence. I don't believe any exists. 

That's life that he doesn't have to have if he goes somewhere without a state income tax. Now you're speculating about his personal finances. 

yes, we can. Will we? Maybe. Will it be enough? Another maybe. Again, Islanders could've done that with Tavares too, and also every other free agent that leaves a team. 

I already acknowledged that @MB3 is our best chance of keeping him lol.

I think you’re being overly negative here, but that’s fine.... we’ll see what happens. Like DM84 said, we win no matter what, whether we trade him for a nice return, or he signs an extension. 

21 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think you’re being overly negative here, but that’s fine.... we’ll see what happens. Like DM84 said, we win no matter what, whether we trade him for a nice return, or he signs an extension. 

I’m not taking a position one way or the other. I’m saying there’s no evidence to know one way or the other, other than Taylor having said he likes it here, which he has to say.

• Like 1

https://www.nhl.com/news/taylor-hall-not-in-rush-to-sign-extension-with-new-jersey-devils/c-307689238 

"No idea where [the website] got that from aside from a 'source,'" Shero said in a text message. "Nothing on our end has changed and I have never heard differently from Taylor or Darren Ferris."

Ferris said, "I'm not going to speak to it because it's all fictitious and I'm just not going to respond to any of those questions out of respect to the conversations and discussions that are going on."

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

https://www.nhl.com/news/taylor-hall-not-in-rush-to-sign-extension-with-new-jersey-devils/c-307689238 

"No idea where [the website] got that from aside from a 'source,'" Shero said in a text message. "Nothing on our end has changed and I have never heard differently from Taylor or Darren Ferris."

Ferris said, "I'm not going to speak to it because it's all fictitious and I'm just not going to respond to any of those questions out of respect to the conversations and discussions that are going on."

Holy sh!t I got what I wanted... from both sides...

how about that, @SterioDesign?

• Like 1

I'm fine with not signing him long term in the off season. Let's see how he plays first after only playing 33 games last year. If he plays like his old self do what you can to sign him and if he doesn't want to resign or and we aren't in the playoff hunt or if he's hurt again for most of the season then trade him and move on. 

I'm already tired of this nonsense and I won't be reading much of it going forward.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm fine with not signing him long term in the off season. Let's see how he plays first after only playing 33 games last year. If he plays like his old self do what you can to sign him and if he doesn't want to resign or and we aren't in the playoff hunt or if he's hurt again for most of the season then trade him and move on. 

I'm already tired of this nonsense and I won't be reading much of it going forward.

He's worth taking the risk. Let's make some moves in the next month, sign him long-term and go.

24 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

That’s the Zach Parise plan. Sign for one year after your injury to show potential suitors in free agency that you’re “back”.

No thanks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s the Zach Parise plan. Sign for one year after your injury to show potential suitors in free agency that you’re “back”.

No thanks. 

yeah no fvck that, that's the absolute worst plan, Shero is smarter than that

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

He's worth taking the risk. Let's make some moves in the next month, sign him long-term and go.

39 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

No thanks. 

I would take the risk and sign him but I don't think he's going to sign a long term deal until he sees how the team goes this year so I'm fine with it because it is what it is. 

Would love to be wrong but we'll see soon enough. 

IMO, and I'm beating a dead horse here, but there's absolutely no way you can go into this season with Hall on the team if he's not extended.  

All these scenarios suck:

A. He gets hurt again, his value plummets, we get nothing for him.

B. He plays very well, strings the Devils along all season long and then leaves for nothing.

C. It's awkward all year with tons of gossip and drama surrounding the team, we end up shipping him off at the deadline or something for pennies on the dollar.

At the absolute latest, I think he can't be on this team in November if he hasn't signed an extension.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

IMO, and I'm beating a dead horse here, but there's absolutely no way you can go into this season with Hall on the team if he's not extended.  

B. He plays very well, strings the Devils along all season long and then leaves for nothing.

C. It's awkward all year with tons of gossip and drama surrounding the team, we end up shipping him off at the deadline or something for pennies on the dollar.

At the absolute latest, I think he can't be on this team in November if he hasn't signed an extension.

I think that's a reasonable assessment and plan. I don't think money or term will be an issue, it will be 100% if he wants to stay. If he doesn't, ship him out for the most you can get. 

Edited by mfitz804

in a perfect world Shero and Hall would figure out something soon after the draft so that everyone has more flexibility to move forward... 

cause say we have to trade him we'll want as many teams in the bidding as possible and after july 1st some of those options might be gone. 

But obviously Hall wants to see us making moves BEFORE so it's unlikely the way it's going to go

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Yeah I mean none of those scenarios are possible and not exactly the outcomes we would want.  I guess C is the best of the three but these are the 3 worst case scenarios.  We can still ship him out before training camp and get good value out of him or he just re-signs with us.

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do and frankly this can easily blow up in Shero's face no matter what he does just as easily as the bricks can all fall into place.  We just have to let things play out and as fans there is really nothing we can do except sit and wait.

Look on the bright side; we are getting a top-tier center in a little less than 3 weeks from now for practically nothing:)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

in a perfect world Shero and Hall would figure out something soon after the draft so that everyone has more flexibility to move forward... 

cause say we have to trade him we'll want as many teams in the bidding as possible and after july 1st some of those options might be gone. 

But obviously Hall wants to see us making moves BEFORE so it's unlikely the way it's going to go

I agree.  I think Hall re-signing before the draft is foolish on his part and if he does re-sign it will likely be in the August/September time frame.  He wants to see how the draft plays out as well as how free agency pans out for the Devils.  If we make it out of this summer with Hughes along with any combo of Trouba/Eberle/Panarin/Karlsson/etc (I know some of those names are very unlikely) I think he will likely re-sign.

Finally, there has to be some trepidation by Shero in regards to re-signing Hall to a massive contract.  Back in December this was a no-brainer for Shero to back the truck full of money to Hall's doorstep.  Now, you have to think Shero might be worried about if Hall becomes a player where you can only reasonably expect a max of 60-65 games a season.

34 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Look on the bright side; we are getting a top-tier center in a little less than 3 weeks from now for practically nothing:)

At the cost of our souls for an entire hockey season, actually lol. 

35 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I agree.  I think Hall re-signing before the draft is foolish on his part and if he does re-sign it will likely be in the August/September time frame.  He wants to see how the draft plays out as well as how free agency pans out for the Devils.  If we make it out of this summer with Hughes along with any combo of Trouba/Eberle/Panarin/Karlsson/etc (I know some of those names are very unlikely) I think he will likely re-sign.

I mean, he knows we have the #1OA. Does he care how the rest of the draft goes? He's surely not going to base his decision on what guys we draft in the 3rd and 4th round.

Draft Hughes, sign his bff Eberle, and if he still doesn't commit, as we say here in Staten Island, "fvck that guy". 

Edited by mfitz804

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean, he knows we have the #1OA. Does he care how the rest of the draft goes? He's surely not going to base his decision on what guys we draft in the 3rd and 4th round.

Draft Hughes, sign his bf Eberle, and if he still doesn't commit, as we say here in Staten Island, "fvck that guy". 

I was thinking more of what Shero does with those extra 2nd and 3rd round picks.  I can imagine he is likely not keeping all of them and will be traded for an actual roster player from a team looking to shed salary.

It likely will not move the needle much, but it is something.

• Like 1