GDT: Devils @ Jets 11/5/19 8:00 PM MSG

nessus

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

They said Smith is the captain for Canada, how did he look? 

Well it's the 2019 CIBC CANADA RUSSIA SERIES so there's 3 different team Canada (which is one for each junior league) and Russia is playing 2 games in each league. I saw Team QMJHL. Smith is on Team WHL

Our boy Nikita Okhotyuk didn't play either, i was pretty bummed

Raphael Lavoie who was drafted 38 overall last year looked really good. Also there's a russian kid, Dmitry Zavgorodniy. Drafted by Calgary in the 7th round 2 years ago... man that kid can fly. Here's a goal he scored tnight https://www.rds.ca/videos/hockey/russie-dmitry-zavgorodniy-trop-rapide-pour-la-lhjmq-3.1346301

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m literally in the hospital with a kidney stone, which impacted my ability to post memes, especially in light of the new anti-d!ck policy. 

Ouch man...hope you’re OK.  Never had a kidney stone...my wife has had a couple though, and they were very painful for her.

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Ouch man...hope you’re OK.  Never had a kidney stone...my wife has had a couple though, and they were very painful for her.

I highly recommend not having kidney stones. This is #5 and the 3rd that required.  hospitalization. For every single one, a different, unrelated woman in the hospital has told me that they have both given birth and had a kidney stone, and the kidney stone is much worse pain. 

Side note, as a Plaintiff’s medical malpractice attorney, it takes a LOT to get me to the emergency room. Last time it was because I dislocated (and re-located myself) my ankle, and I was 99.999% sure it was broken. I went to the ER after 2 hours of trick or treating. 

Typically my superstition relates only to what jersey I wear for a win. But if we need to have a camera in my genitals each game to start a winning streak, I’ll try to make arrangements.

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I highly recommend not having kidney stones. This is #5 and the 3rd that required.  hospitalization. For every single one, a different, unrelated woman in the hospital has told me that they have both given birth and had a kidney stone, and the kidney stone is much worse pain. 

Damn, man, 5 of them?? That’s brutal. At least your boy Blackwood has been great in net lately.

Hope you feel better soon, and rock that #29 jersey for some games. 

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Damn, man, 5 of them?? That’s brutal. At least your boy Blackwood has been great in net lately.

Hope you feel better soon, and rock that #29 jersey for some games. 

Yeah, has not been fun. Have to focus more on the diet and drinking more water. I feel like I already drink a ton, but my c*ck doctor says a gallon a day is a minimum. That’s a lot of water. 

Thanks for the well wishes and I will be back in commission tomorrow. Only good part of having the stones blasted is when they are done, they’re gone and it’s all done but the painful, bloody urination. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah, has not been fun. Have to focus more on the diet and drinking more water. I feel like I already drink a ton, but my c*ck doctor says a gallon a day is a minimum. That’s a lot of water. 

Thanks for the well wishes and I will be back in commission tomorrow. Only good part of having the stones blasted is when they are done, they’re gone and it’s all done but the painful, bloody urination. 

What do you drink throughout the day, other than water?  It’s easier to drink a lot of water than you might think.  Once I got the Type 2 diagnosis, I had to cut out soda, sugary drinks and fruit juices (OJ, apple juice, etc).  Seemed hard at first, but you get used to it pretty quickly...so much so that plain old water (as well as water with low-cal non-sugar mixers) starts to taste a lot of better than any of that other crap.  When I’m thirsty now, 90% of the time, I just want a glass of simple ice water.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

3 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Devs are now 4-1-2 in their last 7 and they just jumped the Rags in the standings. It's still early. They need to start stringing together wins badly. 

10 out of 14 points in any 7-game stretch will do just fine.  The 0-4-2 hole they dug themselves to start the season will take some time to dig out of, but at least it’s begun.  

Just now, MB3 said:

Damn you had to cut out soda, sugary drinks AND soda again?! 

Lol I meant fruit juices.  I used to drink an insane amount of soda and Gatorade.  I was always the “tub o soda” guy at fast food restaurants.  I almost can’t believe that was me for as long as it was.  But it was.

19 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

What do you drink throughout the day, other than water?  It’s easier to drink a lot of water than you might think.  Once I got the Type 2 diagnosis, I had to cut out soda, sugary drinks and soda.  Seemed hard at first, but you get used to it pretty quickly...so much so that plain old water (as well as water with low-cal non-sugar mixers) starts to taste a lot of better than any of that other crap.  When I’m thirsty now, 90% of the time, I just want a glass of simple ice water.  

I do drink caffeine free diet Sunkist orange soda, which doesn’t dehydrate (caffeine does that), doesn’t have sugar, and has citric acid which is actually supposed to help. Diet Snapple was also on the list for a while and that may have not been the best idea because tea does dehydrate. But I’m only talking a couple cases over 6 months, definitely not daily. But I’m done with them. 

I read some studies that say a glass of orange juice daily is good for keeping them from forming, so I bought the reduced sugar version. But I wound up in the hospital before I could start drinking it. 

18 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Damn you had to cut out soda, sugary drinks AND soda again?! 

I find giving up regular soda to be very difficult if you drink it every day. But I’m done with it now, I think I have to be. Maybe I’ll permit a glass when I’m out to eat (rarely), but not having it in the house or available at work will be at least a 95% reduction. 

I’ve had my stones analyzed and although dehydration promotes the process, mine are caused by by body’s reaction to animal protein (meat). I’m supposed to eat no more meat than the size of a deck of cards per day. That’s much harder. Typically I eat a crap ton of salad, but usually add grilled chicken breast as a healthy option. 

While I appreciated a couple days off from work, I’m not looking to do this again any time soon so a change will be in order. 

9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

By the way I googled kidney stones and I am now drinking enough water to drown a smal child so thanks guys

Yes, do that. You don’t want none of this. 

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I think you definitely drop the k on that, c'mon now.  Big Mac?  Doesn't get any better than that.  I actually refer to him as "Mac Black" to some of my friends. 

You can’t ask for that while people are still thinking its spelled “McKenzie”. Or while people still call Wood “Woods” like he’s Tiger’s goofy ass white brother. 

Not sure how the whole kidney stones thing came up, but while we're on the subject of drinks/diet, I'll say that I drink a glass of orange juice a day, and have for the past 20 years - no stones here.  No idea if that is why or if it has helped, just thought I'd throw that out there.  

Also, I have cut back on soda quite a bit - I hardly drink it at all, usually only if I grab some fast food for lunch and that's all they have (I typically try to opt for a Powerade or something like that).  The only other time I drink soda is if I'm having a mixed liquor drink.  Other than that, my liquid diet is basically a glass of OJ in the morning, then water or other non-soda drinks during the day.  I also always have  glass of water on my night stand when I go to sleep, just in case I get thirsty in the middle of the night.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You can’t ask for that while people are still thinking its spelled “McKenzie”. Or while people still call Wood “Woods” like he’s Tiger’s goofy ass white brother. 

Who thinks that?  I guess people who have never seen the spelling of his name written out?  I feel like McKenzie without the 'a' is the female version of that name.

9 hours ago, Triumph said:

They've got to find someone to fill in for Tennyson.  Can't have someone dragging Butcher down like that.  It's weird, he doesn't look that bad but the results are really awful so far.

yup, that 3rd pairing is a big problem.  Guy is a turnover machine in his end.. but, not happy with butchers play either. what exactly is he bringing to this roster right now

greene has been a huge surprise

• Like 1

Here's my take on last night. With bullet points as I know Mfitz misses them.

• Solid team performance
  • First decent goal tending performance of the season. He made a difference.
  • PK has stopped trying to do so much and looks much better for it.
  • Severson has got some confidence in his game and is looking pretty solid.
  • Sami & Greene look much better now they're not carrying the entire D on their shoulders.
  • Tennyson is the weak link but there aren't a lot of options to replace him.
  • Simmonds & Wood are playing well together.
  • Boqvist looked pretty good out there and needs a run of games imo.
  • Goose tried really hard on the defensive side of his game. Couldn't get his offensive side going.
  • Please don't play Hayden again.
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I find giving up regular soda to be very difficult if you drink it every day. But I’m done with it now, I think I have to be. Maybe I’ll permit a glass when I’m out to eat (rarely), but not having it in the house or available at work will be at least a 95% reduction. 

That's because people get addicted to the caffeine and you start to feel like absolute garbage if you don't have any soda. I'm going back many, many years but I use to drink it daily, I didn't have any health issues but I just wanted to stop because I know how bad it is for you. I felt horrible for a few days, mainly massive headaches, before I got it out of my system. 

Since then I've just drank mainly water all the time and green tea, which has no caffeine. I only have soda once in awhile now like at a movie with popcorn since I don't go all that often.

Once you get past those few days of not having any caffeine you really do feel so much better.