GDT: Dallas @ Devils: 2000 Cup Night 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

I am thrilled that Meigray asked to borrow some of my game worn collection towards the 2000 game worn jersey display tonight on the concourse.  A total of six of my jerseys from my collection were part of the display and very honored to have taken part in it.

Come check it out if you are at the game!

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I am thrilled that Meigray asked to borrow some of my game worn collection towards the 2000 game worn jersey display tonight on the concourse.  A total of six of my jerseys from my collection were part of the display and very honored to have taken part in it.

Come check it out if you are at the game!

That's pretty sweet.  How'd they know you had them?

Let's Go Devils.  

Most people probably don't know this, but the 11 in my name is my favorite number and the one I wore when I played hockey when I was younger, and the 17 is for Sykora, my favorite player during the Devils great 15 year stretch. He came to the team right after we won our first Cup, and when he got knocked out in Game 6 it absolutely crushed me.  For one, I didn't know if he was OK and if he'd ever play again, and also with the 'A' line being so critical to the team, I wasn't sure if we would be able to win Game 7.  As they announced the team tonight they obviously went in numerical order, and they also announced in the beginning the guys who couldn't be there... when the got to the 20s I realized that they didn't announce him - I kinda thought maybe they were gonna do the 'A' line together...but when they kept going in sequence I had a feeling something special was gonna happen.  

They obviously went out of order for Stevens as the captain and had him at the end after Brodeur, but having them acknowledge Sykora, my favorite player, and let him come out with the Cup was absolutely amazing.  Almost brought tears to my eyes.  So cool.  Great for all of these guys, and especially him.

Great job Devils.  I am proud and happy.

4 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Damn legit teared up when Sykora took his lap with the cup.

onions GIF

You and me both.

• Like 1