The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

Just now, SterioDesign said:

I have no problem to admit that i'm often struggling to explain fully what im thinking cause it's not my main language. At least i can admit that.

Will keep it in mind for next time. Ne pouvons-nous pas nous entendre, mon ami?

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I have no problem to admit that i'm often struggling to explain fully what im thinking cause it's not my main language. At least i can admit that.

I know I've told you this before, but I think your English is pretty solid...maybe a little awkward at times (to be expected), but far from poor.  And the one time I heard you speak (you had posted a clip), I expected you to have a much stronger accent than you did.  I thought you would've been much harder to understand than you were.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I’m certainly willing to give SD the “english is a second language” pass; it’s wife’s second language too (born in Brazil). 

But what my wife does is say “maybe I didn’t explain myself properly.” what SD does is say “you fvcking IDIOTS don’t fvcking LISTEN TO ME what the FVCK is fvcking WRONG WITH YOU.” 

there really do be a difference 

You aren’t wrong. “Take 10 seconds to try to understand what I’m saying” isn’t the same. 

Since you mentioned your wife, the absolute highlight of the entire season was when she got all fired up because she thought Erika called Bryce “Blackie”, but she was actually talking about Blackwood. 

Literally nothing better happened all season. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Lol this is why I said I didn't want to get into a debate about this subject but just pass along the info of what I believe the Devils will be doing this year

Remember that time when I started a thread just trying to endure the off-season. Those were fun…

do you think if we give Landeskog 10% of the prudential center ON TOP of his max contract, he’d come here?

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Remember that time when I started a thread just trying to endure the off-season. Those were fun…

do you think if we give Landeskog 10% of the prudential center ON TOP of his max contract, he’d come here?

0% chance Landeskog comes here. Avs are so close.

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Dumbest fvcking idea ever for the following 5,000 reasons...

50645446141_1381458462_b.jpg

Edited by mfitz804

On the 31 Thoughts Podcast, Friedman mentioned the Devils maybe being interested in one of the Vegas goalies to be a mentor to Blackwood, and that the Devils were potentially offering the #4 pick around for a really good, young defenseman that had some team control.

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

I’m certainly willing to give SD the “english is a second language” pass; it’s wife’s second language too (born in Brazil). 

But what my wife does is say “maybe I didn’t explain myself properly.” what SD does is say “you fvcking IDIOTS don’t fvcking LISTEN TO ME what the FVCK is fvcking WRONG WITH YOU.” 

there really do be a difference 

Lol ok.

What happened here. I replied to mfitz post. Actually attempting to support what he was saying. He misunderstood my angle and became defensive. I calmly replied and explained my stance again. Very calmy. He then replied again, saying i was wrong and all. Still not understanding my actual stance and seeing it from the wrong angle.

Then YOU came in. "OH TYPICAL SD BACKTRACKING RAW RAW RAWWWWWW" and he jumped on with the "OBVIOUSLY HE'D NEVER ADMIT THAT HE'S WRONG, THAT'S WHAT HE DOES!"

All that to a point when everything that i wrote was trying to explain to mfitz that i agreed with him and that we were thinking the same thing, i could tell he didn't see it that way by what he was replying and being confrontional. I wasn't confrontional at all. I kept trying to say that i was on his side and trying to make the same point. 

So yeah. I'm SURE your wife would just go "maybe i didn't explain myself properly". After she explained the same thing 2-3 times and when she'd have 2 guys in her face telling her how wrong she is and that she's backtracking.

Totally man, totally. Re-read the whole fvcking thing. 

Edited by SterioDesign

13 minutes ago, Crisis said:

On the 31 Thoughts Podcast, Friedman mentioned the Devils maybe being interested in one of the Vegas goalies to be a mentor to Blackwood, and that the Devils were potentially offering the #4 pick around for a really good, young defenseman that had some team control.

MAF as a Devils goalie? Just as long as he doesn't start against the Habs

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Lol ok.

What happened here. I replied to mfitz post. Actually attempting to support what he was saying. He misunderstood my angle and became defensive. I calmly replied and explained my stance again. Very calmy. He then replied again, saying i was wrong and all. Still not understanding my actual stance and seeing it from the wrong angle.

Yeah, again, that's not what happened, anything I misunderstood was based on your inability to get a point across. As I said, I'm willing to accept it was a language issue, but its not like you were super eloquent and I am so dense I missed it. I didn't understand it because you didn't say what you meant. 

15 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I'd be interested in hearing what kind of young defenseman with some team control is available for the #4 pick. Not saying I would do it, but I would listen. 

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So yeah. I'm SURE your wife would just go "maybe i didn't explain myself properly". After she explained the same thing 2-3 times and when she'd have 2 guys in her face telling her how wrong she is and that she's backtracking.

Based on how she snapped on Erika, personally I would do whatever I could to stay out of her face. I bet @MB3has already learned when the time to do that is, as all married guys do. 

38 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah, again, that's not what happened, anything I misunderstood was based on your inability to get a point across. As I said, I'm willing to accept it was a language issue, but its not like you were super eloquent and I am so dense I missed it. I didn't understand it because you didn't say what you meant. 

My point wasn't clear. I assumed you'd get it cause i knew where i was going with it, that's all fine and i can take accountability for that. 

But what i said was really neutral and not really confrontational. Its one thing to not being sure what i meant. But then just ask what i meant, don't just assume i was attacking you or your opinion and get confrontional when i wasnt. That's on you. And that's also on you to keep digging you eels every posts even when i said black on white that i was actually on your side and NOT saying your opinion was irrelevant and that we were making the same point at the end of the day, i said that. How many times does someone have to say that you misunderstood what they are saying before you go "ohh, ok i'll take a step back and just try to understand what he's saying then, instead of digging eels based on how i perceived it?" so i never said you were dense or anything, but you often show an absolute unwillingness to budge from your initial perception when i'm trying to explain my stance. You just dig your eels and refuse to try to understand, this is not the first time. 

Edited by SterioDesign

51 minutes ago, Crisis said:

534DB3C6-C029-4849-BF2A-92E25F3AFD73.gif

24 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Chycrun, Werenski, Dahlin, Ekblad.

Just throwing random names out there

I can’t imagine any of those guys are available, but time will tell I guess…..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

My point wasn't clear. I assumed you'd get it cause i knew where i was going with it, that's all fine and i can take accountability for that. 

But what i said was really neutral and not really confrontational. Its one thing to not being sure what i meant. But then just ask what i meant, don't just assume i was attacking you or your opinion and get confrontional when i wasnt. That's on you. And that's also on you to keep digging you eels every posts even when i said black on white that i was actually on your side and NOT saying your opinion was irrelevant and that we were making the same point at the end of the day, i said that. How many times does someone have to say that you misunderstood what they are saying before you go "ohh, ok i'll take a step back and just try to understand what he's saying then, instead of digging eels based on how i perceived it?" so i never said you were dense or anything, but you often show an absolute unwillingness to budge from your initial perception when i'm trying to explain my stance. You just dig your eels and refuse to try to understand, this is not the first time. 

This completely explains exactly what everyone said about why you are so frustrating. Nobody misunderstood what you were saying, any misunderstanding was with what you were trying to say, and failing to actually do. 

For my part, I accepted your explanation that it was a language issue and apologized for being aggressive. What the fvck else do you want?

Now, I'm off to go dig some eels. ;) 

eels.jpg

Edited by mfitz804

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I'd be interested in hearing what kind of young defenseman with some team control is available for the #4 pick. Not saying I would do it, but I would listen. 

I can't imagine having a good young defenseman under team control and wanting to trade him for the #4 pick.    

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Maybe a marginally good one. Definitely not the kind we need. 

‘Marginally good’ is not what you trade #4 for. So whoever it is better be fvcking fantastic.

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Colton (Fake Colin) White resigned to a 1 year, 2 way, $750k contract. 

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/colton-white-devils-contract-re-sign-one-year-two-way/c-325650484

Another ‘who gives a fvck’ signing.