GDT: Boston @ Devils 1:00 PM MSG+, NHLN

MadDog2020

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

fvcking bullsh!t no call, and then they of course score. Eat a fvcking dick refs.

The refs screwing the Devils?  There’s something new.  

• Like 1

Just got home and realised the game was on Freeport TV , so have it recorded. Not sure if I can bring myself to watch a loss, but it sounds like they were competitive. 

Seen the Bratt goal. I don't know if Bratt calls for the puck there or if Mercer is just that smart that he just reads Bratts movement. Either way it's an incredible play. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 1

Losing sucks but plenty to build on. Mercer is absolutely for real. Bratt woke up in a big way. I was very very wrong about Johnsson. Nico and Zacha seem dangerous in the offensive zone even when not scoring. Sharangovich looked slightly less bored out there. Even Subban has been causing less facepalms recently so that’s nice. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brewskies said:

Swayman has played 5 games this season with a 3-2 record.

You replied the same thing 2 hours ago on my post

I responded that i saw something on twitter and must have misunderstood. And you liked my comment, acknowledging its existance lol

Why in hell are you answering this all over again? Was it a practice the first time? haha

28 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Just got home and realised the game was on Freeport TV , so have it recorded. Not sure if I can bring myself to watch a loss, but it sounds like they were competitive. 

Seen the Bratt goal. I don't know if Bratt calls for the pick there or if Mercer is just that smart that he just read Bratts movement. Either way it's an incredible play. 

It was pretty competitive, and the Bruins were just a bit better.  More fvckage by the refs, but I simply come to expect it now…it happens too often to ignore.  But the Devils aren’t so great that we should expect them to clean up against every good team they face…a win would’ve been great, but I definitely wasn’t surprised by a loss here.  

I had a perfect view of Graves heading down the tunnel, and it was clear that he REALLY wanted to come back into the game…he spent a few minutes there trying to shake off whatever was bothering him…but in the end, he simply couldn’t.

If anyone saw a young girl in a “Hockey Fight Cancer” lavender jersey on the big screen, during the smile contest…that was my daughter.  She’s been up there a few times through the seasons, but she still gets such a bang out of those appearances.

Oh, and to the lady working the edible cookie dough stand…we get it, you’re there no matter what, so maybe you don’t feel any need to move with anything resembling urgency, but for the love of god, at least find a gear faster than reverse next time.  Jesus H.

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yep. Totally agree. fvcking fvckface refs. 

That embellishment on Nico was fvcking absurd.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I had a perfect view of Graves heading down the tunnel, and it was clear that he REALLY wanted to come back into the game…he spent a few minutes there trying to shake off whatever was bothering him…but in the end, he simply couldn’t.

Hopefully he can go tomorrow. We’re gonna need him.

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It was pretty competitive, and the Bruins were just a bit better.  More fvckage by the refs, but I simply come to expect it now…it happens too often to ignore.  But the Devils aren’t so great that we should expect them to clean up against every good team they face…a win would’ve been great, but I definitely wasn’t surprised by a loss here.  

If anyone saw a young girl in a “Hockey Fight Cancer” lavender jersey on the big screen, during the smile contest…that was my daughter.  She’s been up there a few times through the seasons, but she still gets such a bang out of those appearances.

Oh, and to the lady working the edible cookie dough stand…we get it, you’re there no matter what, so maybe you don’t feel any need to move with anything resembling urgency, but for the love of god, at least find a gear faster than reverse next time.  Jesus H.

Edible cookie dough! At a sports event! That is the American dream right there. 

In the UK you are lucky if anything is edible at a game. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Edible cookie dough! At a sports event! That is the American dream right there. 

In the UK you are lucky if anything is edible at a game. 

I hate the phrase “edible cookie dough”. All cookie dough is edible if you are daring enough. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I hate the phrase “edible cookie dough”. All cookie dough is edible if you are daring enough. 

Agree fully lmao

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

You replied the same thing 2 hours ago on my post

I responded that i saw something on twitter and must have misunderstood. And you liked my comment, acknowledging its existance lol

Why in hell are you answering this all over again? Was it practice the first time? haha

I tried to make a new post regarding today's game and there was the post you are speaking about to be posted if I wished to create a new post. I would say that there was something wrong with the app or me, or both. Double posted fixed my problem. What can I or have Devilminder do to fix your problem? My years on the net have proven to me that it sometimes does things unplanned. Have a great evening and a better day tomorrow. May the Devils beat the Rangers tomorrow. There are only two teams I dislike in the NHL, the NY Rangers, and the Philadelphia Flyers. 

Go Devils do your thing, beat the Rangers. 

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Seen the Bratt goal. I don't know if Bratt calls for the puck there or if Mercer is just that smart that he just reads Bratts movement. Either way it's an incredible play. 

It really was a great pass by a player with "hockey sense" oozing from his pores. And this is just the beginning.

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Can't help but feel like at least a point was stolen here. I felt like it was only a matter of time until NJ tied it before the goal while Graves was dying on the ice.

That’s only if the Mercer line scored before the Marchand line did, cause that line was really our only hope of scoring while we couldn’t stop the Marchand line despite Lindy line matching Mike McLeod as if he was prime John Madden.

Edited by NJDevs4978

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Johnsson has 11 points in 13 games which matches his 11 points total from last year in 50 games. 

Speaking of point totals…Mercer has been SO “everywhere” and noticeable so far that it almost seems surprising that he has “only” 10 points through 13 games.  And that’s not a knock in the slightest…more that he’s just looked so good at that it feels like he should have even more points than he already does.  This kid has been so much fun to watch.

• Like 1