GDT: Devils vs DBA’s Consistent Chokeartists - 26 Nov - 6pm Eastern

jagknife

This is about as ugly as it gets.  At least this hasn’t been the norm this year…you’d think this team was coming off a tough game the night before.  They look tired.  

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

While I get the disappointment, in what world are the Rangers a "lock for a high playoff seed"?

Look at the standings and how they’ve been playing.  I’m fully convinced.  You guys all think I’m nuts for posting the way I do about this franchise but I consider myself a realist.  How is what I ever post inaccurate when you look at the success (yeah right, success) they’ve had in just short of the past 2 decades?  Yeah, I’m not optimistic about them at all, then again why should I?  Mercer has pretty much been their best player.  What does that say about the rest of this team?  They have 1 solid defenseman.  How the hell am I supposed to be optimistic?

8 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Enjoying the ride?  I’ve vomited way too many times over the last 18 years, we’ll, 17 years.  2012 was a good one.  At what point does this franchise become legit contenders again?  Truly want someone to explain that to me.  What all of a sudden will change that they’ll be able to contend again anytime soon?  Someone explain it.  Rangers go from being a mediocre team last year to now being a lock for a high playoff seed.  Where the hell is this franchise from ever being a lock for a playoff position?

It doesn't seem as dark as you say but tonight is kind of a drag so far. I wouldn't call the Rangers a lock for the playoffs, although they are playing well.

Just now, Jerrydevil said:

It doesn't seem as dark as you say but tonight is kind of a drag so far. I wouldn't call the Rangers a lock for the playoffs, although they are playing well.

How is it not as dark as I say, honestly?  I’d love nothing more for someone to prove me wrong on here and to see if come to fruition.  But why should there be optimism?  Please, someone explain, I’m listening.  I hated Thanksgiving yesterday because of the loss, that’s how much it gets to me.

Why don't most of you folks just slit your wrists and put us out of your misery? Yeah, the team isn't performing the way you want. Get over it. Every game I read the same s**t about how (insert any Devil's name) is f**king playing badly. It is what it is! Grow up! 

Thank Providence you don't root for Toronto, who hasn't won a SC since the 60s.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

How is it not as dark as I say, honestly?  I’d love nothing more for someone to prove me wrong on here and to see if come to fruition.  But why should there be optimism?  Please, someone explain, I’m listening.  I hated Thanksgiving yesterday because of the loss, that’s how much it gets to me.

you really need another hobby if a NHL team losing in a shootout ruins your holiday. That’s not an exaggeration.

There’s being a passionate fan, and there’s obsessive...

The Rangers are top 3 in the division, in November. No team has ever fallen out of a playoff spot when being there on Thanksgiving, might as well give them another Cup, since they’re a model for consistency in that department.

4 minutes ago, point said:

Why don't most of you folks just slit your wrists and put us out of your misery? Yeah, the team isn't performing the way you want. Get over it. Every game I read the same s**t about how (insert any Devil's name) is f**king playing badly. It is what it is! Grow up! 

Thank Providence you don't root for Toronto, who hasn't won a SC since the 60s.

I wouldn’t suggest anyone kill themselves, but it’s true, people are VERY dramatic when we don’t play well. I don’t understand why or how some folks are still fans, being as upset as they portray themselves to be. 

2 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

I can't prove why you look at this team so negatively, but let's start with the players you mentioned, Mercer and Hamilton, a defensemen who has been every bit the star we thought we might get when he was signed. Graves is a good player, too. They are a big reason why the Devils are treading water without Jack Hughes. Jimmy Vesey has been a good pickup, too. The GM seems to have done very well so far in trades and free agency.

What about the emergence of Pavel Zacha as a top 6 forward? I take it you don't believe Hughes will be an NHL star. He looks the part to me ... but I can't prove he'll do it. I think he will, though.  

The foundation is there but there are pieces missing.

Take some kaopectate and have some more patience. ;)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

I can't prove why you look at this team so negatively, but let's start with the players you mentioned, Mercer and Hamilton, a defensemen who has been every bit the star we thought we might get when he was signed. Graves is a good player, too. They are a big reason why the Devils are treading water without Jack Hughes. Jimmy Vesey has been a good pickup, too. The GM seems to have done very well so far in trades and free agency.

What about the emergence of Pavel Zacha as a top 6 forward? I take it you don't believe Hughes will be an NHL star. He looks the part to me ... but I can't prove he'll do it. I think he will, though.  

The foundation is there but there are pieces missing.

Take some kaopectate and have some more patience. ;)

Of course Hughes is their best player but I didn’t mention him since he’s not anywhere near of returning.  At least a good explanation and Pavel has kept improving but collectively it’s not there.

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Obvious that De Leo doesn't belong up here even in the slightest.

Yeah, he’s a good AHLer at this point in his career, but nothing more.

One of those nights…on to the Flyers.

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Lol Severson wtf, he was between the two guys and played neither of them. 

Sieve - r - son. 

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

Devils are completely lifeless in this game.

I have barely noticed the Hischier line at all.

I fully get that teams won’t get up for all 82 games in any given season, but still disappointing at times when it happens.  They were just flat all game.

• Like 1