Your New Jersey Devils Regular Season Thread: 2022-2023 Edition

Crisis

5 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Wouldn't you want to use a heat gun and not a blowtorch? lol thats going to completely fvck up the blade

We always used a blowtorch back in the day. You just don't apply the fire directly to the wood, which is where I think he went wrong lol. Heat it, bend it, cool it. Done. 

• Like 2

I once went on the tour of the Prudential center. Was talking to one of the equipment guys. He told me one of the players used the blow torch once on a composite blade.  Stunk up the arena something awful. Word came from above NOT to use blow torch on those type of blades. This was around the Jagr era I don't remember if it was him or not.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Rock said:

I once went on the tour of the Prudential center. Was talking to one of the equipment guys. He told me one of the players used the blow torch once on a composite blade.  Stunk up the arena something awful. Word came from above NOT to use blow torch on those type of blades. This was around the Jagr era I don't remember if it was him or not.

I was torching sticks in an era where you wither had a wood stick or an aluminum shaft with a wooden blade, so I cannot speak as to this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I was torching sticks in an era where you wither had a wood stick or an aluminum shaft with a wooden blade, so I cannot speak as to this. 

i played the same time but was a goaltender. To get the stick curved, i bought a Hextall model.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

We always used a blowtorch back in the day. You just don't apply the fire directly to the wood, which is where I think he went wrong lol. Heat it, bend it, cool it. Done. 

This is how we did it back in the day. It’s also how we changed the replaceable blades on the old 2 piece sticks. No idea how we never burned down my parents garage

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

This is how we did it back in the day. It’s also how we changed the replaceable blades on the old 2 piece sticks. No idea how we never burned down my parents garage

Exactly right. Some kids tried to do it over the burner on their mom's stove, but those were the kids who were "supervised" lol. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

We’re gonna need Matt Loughlin to ask his next intermission guest what they think of this promo 🤣

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Please ask Yegor about a Hat hat, he’ll have no clue. 

shlyapa shlyapa

(translated by Howdov Doodov)

• Like 1