GDT: Devils @ Senators, 1:00 pm

Colorado Rockies 1976

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Went home and watched the game. Accidentally recorded the canadian feed. Thought you’d be interested to hear what two mouth breathing idiots had to say about our team: 

• The streak is impressive, mostly because the Devils are getting every bounce and winning every game by the skin of their teeth. 
  • This Devils team goes as far as MacKenzie Blackwood takes them. 
  • It would be unlikely for the streak to continue, consider how many big scoring chances the Devils give up every game. 
  • The Senators were a Claude Giroux crossbar away from “dominating” this hockey game. 
  • And my favorite…… when the challenge reversed the call and took a Devils goal off the board, “this feels like the time for Ottawa to pounce. New Jersey isn’t quite used to seeing bounces go the other way.” 

That's fvcking hilarious.  I found the Toronto media to be the exact opposite.   They spent all day on Friday shell shocked that "we're already a better team" because this young, fast, relentless and ultra talented team was supposed to be them.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Went home and watched the game. Accidentally recorded the canadian feed. Thought you’d be interested to hear what two mouth breathing idiots had to say about our team: 

• The streak is impressive, mostly because the Devils are getting every bounce and winning every game by the skin of their teeth. 
  • It would be unlikely for the streak to continue, consider how many big scoring chances the Devils give up every game. 
  • The Senators were a Claude Giroux crossbar away from “dominating” this hockey game. 
  • And my favorite…… when the challenge reversed the call and took a Devils goal off the board, “this feels like the time for Ottawa to pounce. New Jersey isn’t quite used to seeing bounces go the other way.” 

They’re not a real country anyway…

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

my grandma must be one tough old lady

The neighborhood says she can take a pounding...  so I guess that tracks?

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

The streak is impressive, mostly because the Devils are getting every bounce and winning every game by the skin of their teeth. 

but...  Ok, I mean we're only +26 which is a paltry 2nd in the league in goal differential

image.png.be2080c5bbe8784d9e6774f14b941e9a.png

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

This Devils team goes as far as MacKenzie Blackwood takes them. 

I mean...   I guess that's true if you mean we'll only go as far down as Blackwood drags us as 2 of our 3 losses were with Blackwood in net.    
I'll ignore, since they are, the injury and him last playing November 3rd.

image.png.219e1ec0e0f7b19fbfa4e4aad4f260a4.png

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

It would be unlikely for the streak to continue, consider how many big scoring chances the Devils give up every game. 

I mean NHL Network had an infographic showing just how stout the Devils defense has been, leading the league in several situations.
But, stats are for nerds.  (I'm too lazy to find it, but they were talking about how Dano has his shoulder back, chest puffed out, proud of the team)

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

The Senators were a Claude Giroux crossbar away from “dominating” this hockey game. 

Let's give them that goal.    Scoreboard now reads 5-2...   So pretty dominating loss by the Sens still.

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

And my favorite…… when the challenge reversed the call and took a Devils goal off the board, “this feels like the time for Ottawa to pounce. New Jersey isn’t quite used to seeing bounces go the other way.” 

This team finally had to face adversity.   Since they get every bound and never do goals come off the board....

image.png.ee1b8ab49c4edd24febbd864477a0ccb.png

9 hours ago, MB3 said:

Hey just out of curiosity was that the Ottawa crew you heard, or some national group?

Regardless those are largely dumb takes.  The Devils have now gone 15-1 over their last 16 games and have outscored their opponents 64-32 in those games…of those wins, seven were by one goal, with three of those in OT.  Yeah, of course over the course of a full season some of those losses will go the other way, but it’s not like the Devils are constantly barely squeaking by, or winning games where they’re consistently being outplayed (this can definitely happen in the short-term in the NHL).  This is hardly a surge built on excessive good fortune.

The Devils are crushing it from both a metrics and a traditional stats standpoint.  They’re not quite racking up the same shot differentials lately but did anyone really think that this team was going to keep outshooting opponents by 15-20 shots every single game?

Yeah those two guys (whoever they were) sound like a couple of jealous dopes.  If they had a legit case for this being a fluke then I’d absolutely be open to hearing it.  But there’s just no truth at all to what those two were spewing. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

14 hours ago, MB3 said:

That’s what you get when you have homers giving analysis.  At least Daneyko will give criticism and credit when it’s due.  He may sugarcoat it, but at least he’s honest about his assessments, during a game and on NHL Network.